Author Topic: General Modding Overview  (Read 21167 times)

martiño

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
General Modding Overview
« on: 31 January 2008, 20:52:27 »

Update by Omega 2012-9-28:

All mods documentation has been ported to the wiki:

Overview

MegaGlest is really easy to mod, you just need to create the right folder structure in the techs directory and a bunch of XML files, there are lots of threads in this board about how to do it. There is also very good information at Wikia. If you have any questions you can also ask at the board.

If you make any mods please upload them to ModDB, for other types of materials (maps, translations, scenarios or tilesets) you can send them to us (just mail them or post a link on the board), and we will upload them to our website.

Online play

Mods are 100% compatible with online play, however:

- All players must be using exactly the same tech tree, if not the game will give a checksum error.

- This means, that if you install a new faction in the Magitech TechTree (like the indians), you will not be able to play online unless all players have the indians installed.

- The best way of solving the problem is to make a copy of the magitech tech tree (just copy and paste in the same folder), and install you mods in there.

- All mods can avoid this problem by making their own tech trees instead of just patching the magitech one.

Links

General

Wikia - Has Information about existing mods and  maps  and lots of info how to mod the game.

ModDB - A place to get or upload MegaGlest Mods.

Glest contrib folder - Materials made by the glest community available for download.

Titus games - Mods and other materials for Glest.

« Last Edit: 18 March 2017, 22:48:38 by andy_5995 »

Idanwin

Re: Modding overview
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2009, 17:54:01 »
Same, lower the size a bit.

RTSman

Re: Modding overview
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2009, 23:17:01 »
how about include persian and dark magic and military.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Re: General Modding Overview
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2009, 22:21:26 »
I updated the first post.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Gabbe

« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2010, 18:37:37 »
I think that maybe we should encourage people to upload also all their blend. 3ds. and other 3d file formats with their mod, so that the rigs are not lost forever as they do become in G3D format.

Tununias

« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2011, 03:06:23 »
where can I find out more information about how AI works besides looking at the source code. (I actually do plan on studying the source code once I have my degree, but thats 2 years away.)

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2017, 22:21:52 »
The post at the top seems very outdated and probably needs immediate attention; especially if the ease of mod-making is being advertised with the Steam release.

WarlockTrade

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 7 October 2019, 11:26:34 »
Hi, please tell us if you should start playing from scratch in 2019.