Author Topic: Sun and Moon  (Read 141962 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Sun and Moon
« on: 28 September 2008, 01:17:34 »

Moon faction:

Hailing from the highlands of Rinarn, the Moon people are seen as unsophisticated barbarians by outsiders.  Their penchant for taking severed hands of their enemies as trophies has earned them a reputation for savagery, but they are so much more than mere brutes.  The artisans and craftsmen of the Rinarn lack many of the mechanisms of the Lanto, but they have mastered the working of iron weapons and armor.  Their soldiers fight with strength and aggression and their shamans and hags use mystic runes for protection and to bind monsters into their service.  Normally separated into squabbling tribes and villages, the people of Rinarn are a force to be reckoned with when united.  While the moon god Vaydrin is revered above all others, the tribes also pay respects to the spirits of their ancestors, animals, natural forces, and even the land itself.

Code: [Select]
[center][URL=http://img132.imageshack.us/i/screen0g.jpg/][IMG]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8633/screen0g.th.jpg[/img]
Click to enlarge.[/URL][/center]

Buildings are shown in blue, troops in green, heroes in teal, and upgrades in red).  Items shown in italics will only be included in the GAE version.

Dun (requires Standing Stones) - starting building, stores resources (concept)
   Serf - builder and gatherer
      Kern (morphs from Serf, requires Dun) - javelin unit, medium range, piercing attack

Orchard - living structure, produces food and energy
         Thorn Tree (morphs from Orchard, requires Standing Stones) - living structure, produces food and energy, ranged attack

Garrison - military barracks, trains units
         Broch (morphs from Garrison, requires Fortification) - military stronghold, trains units, ranged attack
         Savage - raider unit, fast movement, impact attack, leather armor, weak defense
            Therianthrope - monster unit, fast movement, slashing attack, rapid regeneration, debuffs
         Squire - infantry unit, strong defense, slashing attack, metal armor, slow movement
            Gallowglass (morphs from Squire, requires Rune Armor) - elite infantry unit, strong defense, strong attack, slow movement

Standing Stones - stone circle, researches upgrades
         Henge (morphs from Standing Stones) - raised stone circle, researches upgrades, summons heroes
            Banshee (requires Lifespring) - magical hero, strong debuffs, healing ability
            Ceannfort (requires Broch) - military hero, strong defense, helpful emanation
            Fomori (requires Cairn) - sacred hero, strong attack, rapid regeneration

Ancestral Communion (allows Cairn) - sacred upgrade, improves the sight radius of Gallowglass, Kern, Savage, and Squire
         Fortification (allows Broch) - military upgrade, improves the armor of Dun, Garrison, Broch, and Henge
         Otherworld Heritage (allows Lifespring) - magical upgrade, improves the EP of Fay, Hag, Shaman, and Thorn Tree
         Manxome Rune (allows Basilisk) - sacred upgrade, improves the attack strength of Dire Wolf, Fomori, Jabberwock, and Therianthrope
         Rune Armor (allows Gallowglass) - military upgrade, improves the armor of Ceannfort, Kern, Savage, and Squire
         Sign of the Eclipse (allows Therianthrope) - magical upgrade, improves the EP regen of Banshee, Fay, Hag, and Shaman

Cairn (requires Ancestral Communion) - sacred structure, trains units
         Fay - support unit, healing ability
         Hag - spellcasting unit, debuffs

Shaman - summoner unit, requires EP to bind units
            Dire Wolf - beast unit, fast movement, strong attack, weak armor
[url=http://www.tarpits.org/education/guide/flora/wolf.html](concept)[/url]            Jabberwock - creature unit, tough armor, debuff emanation
            Basilisk - flying unit, ranged attack, rapid regeneration

Lifespring (requires Otherworld Heritage) - magical structure, healing emanation (concept)
         Enchantment - magical upgrade, adds EP regeneration to Lifespring's emanation

Sun faction:

The Lanto, or people of the Sun, were once a vast empire but their power has dwindled in recent times.  The two most influential figures in Lanto society are their monarch, Queen Niandra, and the leader of the temple, High Matriarch Ola.  From a long line of warrior queens, Niandra seeks to restore the former glory of the once-great nation.  Unlike some cultures, the Sun nation do not see magic and technology as opposing forces, but rather use them together to produce magical-mechanical constructs like the mighty Colossus.  They also have a variety of regular human soldiers, magical beings, and animals at their disposal.  A common misconception is that the Lanto worship the Sun.  They do revere the Sun and honor it, but only as the greatest manifestation of their goddess, Elondra.

Screenshot coming soon!

Buildings are shown in blue, troops in green, heroes in teal, and upgrades in red).  Items shown in italics will only be included in the GAE version.

Palace (requires Sun Well) - starting building, stores resources
   Laborer - builder and gatherer
      Artificer (morphs from Laborer, requires Effigy) - advanced builder, fast repairs
         Colossus (requires Arcane Engineering) - siege unit, strong defense, impact attack, stone armor, slow movement
         Sunglass - defensive structure, energy attack

Herder's Pillar - agricultural center, produces food and livestock
         Goat - livestock unit, produces food (concept)

Fort - military barracks, trains warrior units
         Citadel (morphs from Fort, requires Monasticism) - fortified barracks, trains advanced units
            Janissary - elite archer unit, long range, strong defense
            Zealot (requires Valor) - lion cavalry unit, strong attack, fast movement, AoE buff
[url=http://www.tarpits.org/education/guide/flora/lion.html](concept)[/url]         Slinger - ranged unit, long range, impact attack, weak defense
         Ghazi - infantry unit, balanced fighter (weapon concept)

Sun Well - cultural center, researches upgrades
         Consecration (allows Solar Circle) - sacred upgrade, improves the armor of Effigy, Monument, Palace, and Sun Well
         Dominion (allows Effigy) - arcane upgrade, improves the sight range of Citadel, Effigy, Monument, and Palace
         Monasticism (allows Citadel) - cultural upgrade, improves the production speed of Monument and Solar Circle
         Arcane Engineering (allows Colossus) - arcane upgrade, improves the build and repair speeds of Laborer and Artificer
         Sacrifice (allows Phoenix) - sacred upgrade, improves the EP of Celestial, Eunuch, Matriarch, and Zealot
         Valor (allows Zealot) - military upgrade, improves the HP regen of Agha, Ghazi, Janissary, and Slinger

Solar Circle (requires Consecration) - temple structure, trains sacred units
         Eunuch - support unit, heals and buffs
         Matron - priestess unit, strong attack, helpful emanation

Altar (requires Solar Circle) - sacrificial structure, summons sacred units
         Celestial - angelic unit, ranged attack, fast flight
         Phoenix - flying unit, energy attack, rapid regeneration (concept 1) and (concept 2)

Effigy (requires Dominion) - arcane structure, debuff emanation
         Amplification - arcane upgrade, improves the effect strength of Matron and Penitent

Monument (requires Sun Well) - advanced cultural structure, summons heroes
         Agha (requires Citadel) - martial hero, balanced fighter, helpful emanation
         Matriarch (requires Solar Circle) - clerical hero, splash attack, heals and buffs
         Penitent (requires Effigy) - angelic hero, strong attack, healing emanation

« Last Edit: 29 October 2016, 05:52:43 by filux »

modman

Re: Sun and Moon
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2008, 15:51:54 »
I liked it better when there were only 2 factions, sun and moon.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2008, 00:32:46 »
Quote from: "modman"
I liked it better when there were only 2 factions, sun and moon.

Yeah, Earth and Sky will probably never come to fruition.  It's just hard to stop my imagination when it really gets going.  I've already got most of the whole story worked out in my head and I'm not even trying.  If they ever do get created, it will be after Sun and Moon are done and that by itself is a long way off.

modman

« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2008, 00:49:09 »
How about helping me on my two factions?  My discussions are going a little slow.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 1 October 2008, 00:31:49 »
This is the current backstory for my mod, sorta done in the style of a campaign intro.

----------------------------------------

Thousands of years ago, the people of this world numbered perhaps in the billions.  Buildings of metal and glass dominated the cities and reached up into the clouds.  Wagons like giant metal serpents carried passengers across entire continents in a matter of days and great metal towers breathed out black clouds into the sky.  The people were prosperous and happy.  That is, until the fuel for their machines started to run out.  For hundreds of years, the nations had built giant wells that would drain the ground of its lifeblood, which they refined and used to feed their machines.  Without this fuel, which the ancients called "oil", life as they knew it would stop.  As the oil got more and more scarce, the nations became more desperate for it, and turned hostile towards each other.  The smoke-breathing towers, which had already started to poison the very air the people breathed, began to burn more fiercely as the nations churned out countless machines of war.

As the smoke got worse, the spirits of the world became angry.  The rain declared "as you have poisoned me with smoke, so shall I poison the very water you drink!"  The rain that had fallen from the sky since the beginning of time became as acid, corroding flesh and iron alike.  "Long have I protected you from the fury of the sun, but no longer," said the sky.  The sun, having no children of her own, had always been jealous of the children of the earth and sky who dwealt in the world.  The sky no longer protected the children that had scorned him and no one could leave the protection of their homes without their skin becoming scorched and charred.  Even the sea released its anger upon the people, churning more furiously than ever and creating great floods and cyclones to destroy those who had poisoned it.  The fish that had fed the people were long gone, and nothing but destruction came from the waters.

Despite all this, the people continued to drain the earth's blood and as it became more and more scarce.  Unwilling to give up their way of life, the nations with no oil left waged war upon those that still had it in relative plenty.  Warriors fought and died by the millions as the very ground around them erupted.  Great catapults launched death from miles away, causing foul clouds that would dissolve the flesh of their enemies.  The nation of the south, which had suffered countless losses, created a plan to destroy their enemies by sending machines out beyond the sky to rain death upon their rivals.  As millions more died from these attacks and the very world itself became as poison, the nations formulated techniques for escaping the demise of their brethren.

Some burrowed deep into the ground to hide from the destruction, and we now know these people as the Vaultar, while others built great fortresses that not even the air could penetrate, and we called these people the Pija.  Others still found that they could escape this world entirely.  Using the ideas and constructs of the southern nation's attacks, the people who would become known as the Amraeg made metal ships that could soar beyond the sky.  They used these ships to escape this world and start their lives anew on the surface of the moon above.  The Amraeg found the moon to be an inhospitable place and began the greatest endeavor ever known.  Over centuries, they changed the climate and surface of their new home through a now long-forgotten process they called "terraforming".

As the Amgraeg began to prosper and multiply, the caves to which the Vaultar had retreated began to collapse until only a handful of survivors were left.  The fortresses of the Pija didn't last long either.  Before long, they had developed cracks and the toxic air began to seep in.  In a few years, they had to be abandoned entirely.  The Pija who had numbered in the millions dwindled to the hundreds within a decade, but those who remained were resilient and strong.  Their skin eventually turned dark to protect them from the burning light of the sun and they captured wild horses and cattle to survive.  Forced into a nomadic lifestyle, they scrounged the desert as scavengers.

By the time the Vaultar emerged from their burrows, centuries had passed.  The world they now saw had changed drastically.  The forests had already started to regrow and the animals were returning.  The spirits of the world had grown calm.  The sun no longer scorched the flesh and the sky no longer rained acid upon the ground.  Assuming themselves to be the only survivors of the apocalypse, the Vaultar set out to rebuild the lives their ancestors once had.

Meawhile, the Amraeg were numerous and happy, dwelling far above the turmoil below.  However, this would not last forever.  No one knows what cataclysm befell the Amraeg, whether it was their failure to learn from history's mistakes, a great natural disaster, or perhaps even invaders from beyond the stars.  The one thing that is known for certain is that it was something that would have spelled their doom.  Escaping their new home much the same way they had come to it, they set out for the world their ancestors had abandoned long ago.  Their ships sailed into the sky by the hundreds, but only a few survived the journey.  Many of the survivors banded together under General Niandra, who had been the leader of the Amraeg's military for years, and would be known as the Lanto.  Her followers stayed near the landing site of their ships in order to make use of the resources left behind in the wreckage.  Others followed a man named Maxith as he traveled out of the scorched desert in search of a more hospitable land, eventually founding the nation of Rinarn.

Both groups being unaccustomed to living off of the land, the Lanto and the Rinarn quickly became rivals and competed over resources, much as their predecessors had done centuries ago.  Rather than face destruction at the hands of Niandra's forces, the Rinarn retreated farther into the hills, where they now reside.  The Lanto quickly multiplied and expanded, creating a vast empire from the remains of the world's decimated cities.

This is how we came to where we are today.  For long we have had peace, but our nations stand on the brink of war yet again.  Wise though I may be, even I cannot see the future.  My generation has come and past and it will not be long before I join them in death.  Thus, the fate of our world is in the hands of you and your brethren.  Our survival or destruction will be your doing, and yours alone.

----------------------------------------

The premise here is that the planet, not Earth but an Earth-like fantasy world, was developing to about the point that Earth was at around the late 1800s and then suddenly experienced a population explosion around the World War One era.  The population and numerous manufacturing plants had been pumping sulphuric gases into the atmosphere for a long time, but the sudden growth in population put an increased strain on the environment and the resources of the world.  As the fossil fuels were getting used up, tensions between the nations began to mount and eventually resulted in an all-out world war, the likes of which would make Earth's world wars look almost pleasant.  Mass genocides, napalm, and chemical warfare were in widespread use.  Tens of millions of soldiers and the populations of entire countries were mercilessly slaughtered.

The "great nation of the south", its name long lost to history, launched an ambitious space program with the goal of creating a system of missile satellites to deliver massive chemical payloads and turn the tide of war in their favor.  The Hellfire Project, as they called it, was a great success in that they managed to wipe out vast numbers of enemy soldiers and civilians alike.  The problem arose when the toxic chemicals leaked into the air and the groundwater, both of which were already partially toxic from industrial pollution.  Before long, the air was almost unbreathable and the ozone layer was practically gone.  It became readily apparent that life as it was could not continue on the surface of the world.  Seeing the current state of things, the nations of the world began what would become some of the greatest and most ambitious projects ever imagined.

The nation of Pija isolated itself in colossal containment structures on the surface and the Vault Dwellers, or Vaultar, made subterranean cities in which to hide.  While the Pija's project ultimately failed entirely, a few of the Vaultar's dwellings stayed intact.  The Pija then became a nomadic tribal culture, reduced from millions of people to a few hundred within a decade.

The people who would later be called the Amraeg had stolen plans for the Hellfire Project and adapted them, creating a fleet of rockets to escape to the world's moon.  The members of the first successful mission were surprised to find the moon completely incapable of sustaining life, so the Amraeg's brighest scientists, still on the planet's surface, set out to develop techniques for transforming the moon's thin atmosphere and even the surface itself.  Having gathered all their knowledge and resources, the remaining Amraeg set out to migrate to the moon and terraformed it into a vastly different place.  The air and water were cleaner than anyone had experienced planet-side in centuries and the soil was more than capable of supporting vegetation.  The Amraeg soon became a thriving population.  Living on a new world completely devoid of fossil fuels, they quickly implimented wind power and the solar panel technology they had stolen from the Hellfire Project's satellites.

Things continued in this way for hundreds of years, the nomadic Pija, the isolated Vaultar, and the prosperous utopia of the Amraeg.  The most likely cause of the Amraeg's second exodus is thought to be either an alien invasion, environmental cataclysm, or an internal rebellion.  When they returned to the planet's surface, the Vaultar had already emerged and the Pija had grown into an entire nation of tribes.  The world's ecosystem had mostly re-established itself and the air and water were clean again.  The two main groups of surviving Amraeg --most had died from either the disaster on the moon or the journey, perhaps both-- became the Lanto and the Rinarn, founding their respective nations.  The militaristic Lanto, under the command of General Niandra and equipped with advanced technology, quickly began to expand their borders, causing the people of the Pija and Vaultar to scatter and flee.  Many were not fortunate enough to escape and others joined willingly, allowing the Lanto to become a strong, populous, and multi-cultural empire.  Niandra quickly declared herself queen and began to try to rebuild the life she had known among the Amraeg.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 1 October 2008, 03:20:45 »
I'm not really expecting anybody to read all that, but it had been bouncing around inside my head for a couple days and needed to get out. :)

New models tomorrow, I hope.

@kukac@

« Reply #6 on: 1 October 2008, 16:22:01 »
So much "very" at the beginning... (very water, etc).

It's okay, that the "main planet" is an earth like fantasy world, but you never mentioned what is the moon like. Is/was there a breathable air there? Or normal air pressure? Life? (name for the planet and it's moon?)

If the technology is about the 1800s, and they set off around the 1st WW, then they could not have the technology to populate, or terraform the planet (wouldn't be a more futuristic world be easier?). Also, if they lived well on the surface of the moon, then why did they wanted to return to the "earth"? Wealth, land, religion?

It seem that the "Pija"'s lifestyle evolved quickly (evolved to survive such a sudden changes).

If millions died every year for a decade, wouldn't be everyone dead in the end?  :O

That's all for now. Keep going!

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 1 October 2008, 20:10:30 »
Wow, kudos for the amazing WOT  :o
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

modman

« Reply #8 on: 1 October 2008, 21:15:52 »
I was thinking about making storylines of each of the factions myself.  I was thinking that they could scroll before the game starts (after the glest.org blackscreen).  Or another Idea is that the storylines could be "individualized" so that there would only be info about tech's start before you play as tech, etc..  What do you guys think?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2 October 2008, 00:57:07 »
Quote from: "@kukac@"
So much "very" at the beginning... (very water, etc).

It's okay, that the "main planet" is an earth like fantasy world, but you never mentioned what is the moon like. Is/was there a breathable air there? Or normal air pressure? Life? (name for the planet and it's moon?)

If the technology is about the 1800s, and they set off around the 1st WW, then they could not have the technology to populate, or terraform the planet (wouldn't be a more futuristic world be easier?). Also, if they lived well on the surface of the moon, then why did they wanted to return to the "earth"? Wealth, land, religion?

It seem that the "Pija"'s lifestyle evolved quickly (evolved to survive such a sudden changes).

If millions died every year for a decade, wouldn't be everyone dead in the end?  :lol: It's still unclear why they wanted to get off the moon after they go there.  It could have been an alien invasion, some kind of environmental cataclysm (maybe their terraforming backfired?), or an internal rebellion.  That might become clear later or I may leave it a mystery. :shock:

Thanks, but what's a WOT? :)  Sorry the modeling is going kind of slow.  After I get out of class, I only have a little bit of time before the engineering lab closes, and that's the only place where I can do AutoCAD.  I've got two building models done so far, just not uploaded yet.  I think I'll come back here on Friday to do some more.  I should have plenty of time then.

@kukac@

« Reply #10 on: 2 October 2008, 17:09:45 »
The Pija who had numbered in the millions dwindled to the hundreds within a decade

We have a time definition here  ;)

It's still unclear why they wanted to get off the moon after they go there. It could have been an alien invasion, some kind of environmental cataclysm (maybe their terraforming backfired?), or an internal rebellion. That might become clear later or I may leave it a mystery.

It's like a writer doesn't know what is she/he writing.

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2 October 2008, 19:21:52 »
WOT = Wall Of Text
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: 2 October 2008, 21:07:42 »
i didn't read it, but it looks great. I still remember the original thread. Can you repost the unit ideas? I don't think it should be 4 factions, it would take months to make that many units and the xmls! But Sun and Moon. (Solar and Lunar would be a better name) I'd help (as I said before) but I gotta get military tech ready for someone else to do the xmls, and I plan on making a monster faction. (Woops, thats a spoiler, i didn't make the thread for that yet!)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

tripsahoy

« Reply #13 on: 2 October 2008, 22:42:45 »
Quote from: "omega"
I plan on making a monster faction

Just make shoure it is balenced and can be betten, also this time dont make the the main building have an upgrade like in the military faction

I don't think it should be 4 factions, it would take months to make that many units and the xmls! But Sun and Moon. (Solar and Lunar would be a better name

I agree 4 factions would take forever and would loose intrest by then
but actually i like the name sun and moon over solar and lunar

their sould be a poll sun and moon vs. solar and lunar

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 3 October 2008, 00:17:40 »
Quote from: "@kukac@"
It's like a writer doesn't know what is she/he writing.
At this point, I really don't.  I guess you could consider this story to be in alpha development. :)

So the development plan here goes something like this:  Make Sun and Moon.  Release them as Mod #1.  Take a break.  Make Earth and Sky.  Bundle everything together with some new maps, scenarios, tilesets, etc. and release it as Mod #2.  Repeat the third step.

I'd help (as I said before) but I gotta get military tech ready for someone else to do the xmls, and I plan on making a monster faction. (Woops, thats a spoiler, i didn't make the thread for that yet!)
And people think I'm the one trying to do too much!  You're working on Military and Ancient mods already and you're planning yet another?

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #15 on: 3 October 2008, 21:06:47 »
Ancient mod was my first, with no new models, I never uploaded it. Military Tech is going bad. This is one last idea. I got lots of time on my hands...

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 4 October 2008, 02:03:39 »
Ancient mod was my first, with no new models, I never uploaded it. Military Tech is going bad. This is one last idea. I got lots of time on my hands...

Does this mean you've given up on Ancient (at least for now, anyway) ?

Edit:  I'm currently working on converting my .dwg files to .dxf so I can import them to Blender.  I need to install QCAD to do that, though.  Models uploading in a couple minutes. :)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: 4 October 2008, 02:36:24 »
I might go back to the ancient tech tree sometime, but if I do, it won't be for a while. ( I would like to make the church faction, then put it into magitech, but I'm not sure if I'll do the whole tech tree...)

In the meantime, I'm putting up the Underworld Faction's thread right now!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 4 October 2008, 23:47:03 »
I know I keep saying I'll get the models posted soon, but no such luck.  In what experts are calling "a pretty boneheaded move", I saved them in the wrong format.  They're in .dwg right now, but Blender can only import .dxf, so I have to fix them on Wednesday when I go back to Orlando.  However, I did download a "Free DWG Viewer", so I can still post screenshots of my models, but unfortunately this program only displays them in a crappy wireframe view.  You probably can't even tell what they are just from that, but I figure they're at least better than nothing right now... if not by much.

Altar:
[url=http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_744a647d2a2b4b8ea38680a2ea9fa19b.jpg]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_744a647d2a2b4b8ea38680a2ea9fa19b.jpg[/url]
Stone Circle and Solar Circle (haven't decided which is which yet):
[url=http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/l_01f902dd126b4f439564104151af211f.jpg]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/l_01f902dd126b4f439564104151af211f.jpg[/url]
[url=http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/l_68f2925003e94a42b56edc2a1a5ba637.jpg]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/l_68f2925003e94a42b56edc2a1a5ba637.jpg[/url]

I'll try to get the solid models uploaded on Wednesday, but since I'm pretty bad about this, I'm not making any promises.  I'll try to get the tech trees scanned then as well.  There are also some "touch ups" to be made to the altar and the first circle, like smoothing out some of the edges and unifying.

So what I'm HOPING to have uploaded on Wednesday includes the following: Models for the Altar, Stone Circle, and Solar Circle (completely finished and smoothed), complete tech trees for Sun and Moon, and new concept art for a couple Lunar buildings.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2016, 05:54:08 by filux »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 7 October 2008, 01:39:25 »
Sorry guys.  I know it looks like this mod is going really slowly right now, and I admit that it is, but it is far from dead.  I'm busy working on the longest essay I've written in about four years and I'm also moving halfway across the state soon (granted, it's a narrow state, but still...) so I've got a lot on my plate right now.  However, I'm still churning out plenty of ideas (my imagination seems to work according to its own will) and getting a little bit of concept art done, so progress is still being made.  I'm anticipating (with crossed fingers) that all of Sun's buildings will be modeled by the end of the month and hopefully I'll have a few of Moon's done as well.  Just hang in there!

PS. Did anyone even look at my wireframes?  Are they great?  Are they garbage?  Can you even tell what they are?  I can't know unless you tell me!

gameboy

« Reply #20 on: 7 October 2008, 02:43:23 »
your going? :'( Don't worry I'll get a few of the models done for you. you wire frames are i can't tell what they are except the last stone circle thing and i might try to do it, I'm not making any promises though.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 7 October 2008, 03:08:00 »
Quote from: "gameboy"
your going? :'( Don't worry I'll get a few of the models done for you. you wire frames are i can't tell what they are except the last stone circle thing and i might try to do it, I'm not making any promises though.
I've got the models under control.  I just can't upload them right now because I saved them in the wrong format on the computer at school.  I should be able to fix it soon, though, if I have time on Wednesday (and that's a big if).  In the mean time, things are just going kind of slow.  When things cool down a bit, I should be able to get a lot more done.

gameboy

« Reply #22 on: 7 October 2008, 03:18:50 »
what about the units, i've done the basilisk.
BTW i've already done the palace and the fort, here they are.
[attachment=1:46g3v0if]fort smooth.jpg[/attachment:46g3v0if]
[attachment=0:46g3v0if]palace.jpg[/attachment:46g3v0if]
I think you already saw them.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 7 October 2008, 04:52:31 »
Quote from: "gameboy"
what about the units, i've done the basilisk.
BTW i've already done the palace and the fort, here they are.
I think you already saw them.
Ah, yes.  Thanks.  I don't know what I'll be doing about units yet.  I still haven't had the time to learn Blender.  I'm currently modeling the buildings in AutoCAD, since it's the only modeling program I'm familiar with, but AutoCAD really isn't suited for making people and creatures.  I'll cross that bridge when I get there, I suppose.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
Re: Sun and Moon (loads of new content!)
« Reply #24 on: 9 October 2008, 00:16:46 »
Here you go!

Altar:
[url=http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/39/l_fe83e4841d0f446b88f71157ba643a85.jpg]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/39/l_fe83e4841d0f446b88f71157ba643a85.jpg[/url]
Stone Circle and Solar Circle (not sure which is which yet):
[url=http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/59/l_7705c4d211aa44dbb5c03c7472ff6696.jpg]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/59/l_7705c4d211aa44dbb5c03c7472ff6696.jpg[/url]
[url=http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/25/l_1f90a3efe768484ba1928e5787e6c89b.jpg]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/25/l_1f90a3efe768484ba1928e5787e6c89b.jpg[/url]

Solar Tech Tree:
[url=http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/37/l_640fcc013c8d40c5825e3806306ef51b.jpg]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/37/l_640fcc013c8d40c5825e3806306ef51b.jpg[/url]I know it looks kind of like some of those advancements are coming from the Sunglass, but they're actually coming from the Sun Well.

Lunar Tech Tree:
[url=http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/l_76be0e3e31b0464b927d857e8d0aab95.jpg]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/l_76be0e3e31b0464b927d857e8d0aab95.jpg[/url]
Let me know what you think!  I can handle the truth, really. :)
« Last Edit: 29 October 2016, 05:54:55 by filux »