Author Topic: Elf Faction 0.9.7 & 2.0A (Both MG Compatible)  (Read 130554 times)

gameboy

Elf Faction 0.9.7 & 2.0A (Both MG Compatible)
« on: 13 November 2008, 07:13:55 »
The mod's original creator gAMeboy has discontinued this mod, he left it at version 0.8. -Archmage- and MirceaKitsune picked up development and made a version 0.9 fixing the massive AI issues. Versions 0.9.x were created behind the scenes, enhancing particle effects and textures, along with fixing other various issues. A testing veresion was released but not advertised much. Now -Archmage- has released 0.9.6, at which the new developers discontinued the mod due to the return of AI issues. Licensed as CC-BY-SA.

Downloads
Version 0.97 - MG Compatibility Update (2011)

Yellow: Buildings
Green: Units
Blue: Upgrades
[attachment=0:3ju8sqmf]Elf Tech Tree.jpg[/attachment:3ju8sqmf]
Ent, Wood Guard and attack for tree, need Mystical Forest
Silverthorn Arrows: Archer attack increased
The Minstrel's unit Militia, is actually Forest Militia
Griffon needs Beast Taming
Ent Water all units now re-gen
Griffon Rider needs Elven Taming
Quenya Upgrades all units with HP, Attack and Speed
Elves Specialty: High LOS, Buildings Build fast, High Speed, Moderate HP, Re-gen.
Elves Negative: Low Armor, Low Building HP, Units and Upgrades take a long time.
Infantry: Gladrim Archer: Good at Defense, Grey Elf Archer: Offensive unit with low armor, Swordsmaster or Magol Hedir: Good agianst buildings and cavalry.
Forest Militia: Can be called once in a while has a negative re-gen.
Cavalry: Lancer: good against building, has high armor, moves slower than other cavalry, Reaver: Horse archer, low armor moves and trains fast.
Defense: Wood Guard: has a long range and high HP. Redoubt(not included in the diagram): Morph from Gladrim Archer, good for makeshift defense, when attacking enemy base's and defending your own new base.
Energy Units: Minstrel: has a low range fast attack, can call Ent and Forest Militia, Wise Elf: Has a Long Range slow regenerating attack. Can plant tree, Tree Circle, Wood Guard and Tree of Life.
Beasts: Griffon: Throws Stones at enemies, good against buildings, moves quickly. Griffon Rider: throws stones and fires arrows at enemies, making it the most powerful unit of the faction.
Worker - Elf: can Build all buildings can only plant the tree, can Morph into Wise Elf.
Siege: Ent: Throws Heavy blows at enemies and buildings, has high HP.

2.0A Update - Archmage
So I did a lot of work last summer towards an Elves 2.0, but alas I've very much lost interest in this game and have been back more recently for modding purposes only. This was something I was working on on and off, but ended up putting aside to work on Egypt Remastered.

I don't plan to finish this overhaul, but it is well progressed with many models new and enhanced, textures fixed, building scales mostly fixed, a lot of new animations, and some new sounds. I also restructured the faction multiple times(mostly because of the AI), and it's very roughly balanced. The faction does require more resources on purpose, but it's units are a lot stronger now. This means that the resource-cheating AI(when it plays the faction properly) can be quite brutal.

I'm releasing it as is, as version 2.0 Alpha. Feel free to modify or reuse the faction or it's source material as you wish. I request, but do not require credit for myself. Mod credits are in the faction folder.

Download - Elves Faction 2.0A w/ Faction Links - 126MB ZIP

Download - Elves Faction Source Material - 198MB 7z

The download button is on the top right, icon is down arrow.

« Last Edit: 16 May 2017, 18:11:56 by -Archmage- »

gameboy

Re: Elf Faction for Magitech and GAE 0.4 download available
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2008, 16:21:23 »
okay, here's the dowload, a few model are oversized and there are no construction model, oh and on more thing the reaver costs song, now i didn't put a command to get song so in the elves.xml, just add starting resource song or remove song from the resource req. of the reaver.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2e40 ... b9a8902bda
plz. comment

[GAE 0.4??????? - @kukac@]

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2008, 21:23:09 »
Let me get this straight, you plan on making something for GAE 0.4 before we even have 0.3??? What gives?
(Although to be honest, its best to leave GAE alone for now, since its not as popular... Okay, maybe I'm just fusy because I haven't had success with GAE yet, but...)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

gameboy

« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2008, 01:54:04 »
i actually meant the elf faction is version 0.4

modman

Re: Elf Faction 0.4 for Magitech and GAE download available
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2008, 22:53:36 »
AAH!  You have the same AI problems as Omega's Military!

gameboy

« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2008, 08:59:08 »
what?????? tell me.

mictes

« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2008, 12:32:17 »
The Ai doesn't play...
Now, with me, there are 4 People who had this problems. We need to solve it, but I have no issue from what this problems might coming...

gameboy

« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2008, 13:13:01 »
okay, thanks for telling me, but hows it otherwise?
Edit: when i tried it the AI made a few more Elves.

gameboy

« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2008, 18:01:50 »
here are some screenshots.
[attachment=2:u8hq3kt0]screen0.jpg[/attachment:u8hq3kt0]
[attachment=1:u8hq3kt0]screen2.jpg[/attachment:u8hq3kt0]
[attachment=0:u8hq3kt0]screen4.jpg[/attachment:u8hq3kt0]

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2008, 05:13:25 »
I didn't mention this before because I was fairly certain someone else would catch it, but I guess that just hasn't happened yet... so anyway, it's supposed to be corral, not coral.

gameboy

« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2008, 06:19:34 »
thanks john, i didn't know that. :-[
okay 0.6 will be released in about a week, so it will be included in that.

gameboy

« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2008, 11:39:39 »
a.. question should i make the buildings smaller or leave them as they are?

modman

« Reply #12 on: 19 November 2008, 23:15:26 »
Yes, definately!  That was one of the more annoying things when I played your faction.  Theother was the AI.
Let's try to fix the AI problem.  Did you make all new XMLs, or did you use others as a template?
Did you do something wierd with the faction.xml?
Any other abnormalities?

Ullallulloo

« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2008, 04:25:46 »
Yeah, it seems pretty good. The main things I noticed were the enormous buildings, song, and how the Elves attacked with the magic from initiate.

gameboy

« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2008, 08:12:34 »
Quote from: "modman"
Yes, definately! That was one of the more annoying things when I played your faction. Theother was the AI.
Let's try to fix the AI problem. Did you make all new XMLs, or did you use others as a template?
Did you do something wierd with the faction.xml?
Any other abnormalities?
i used a other xmls as a template. and i don't know what i did with the faction xml, cause i had the xmls made a long time ago.
i'll make two buildings smaller the academy, i have already made and the corral.
about the AI, i haven't finished with the faction so there are no restriction to any unit or building that might be the problem.
@Ullalluloo song is a resource all unmounted units can sing, each time a unit sings you get -1 song resource, your elf Minstrel can sing for -5 song while the Wood Hall can sing for -20 song.
BTW can someone tell me a good place to get free music?
also can someone suggest a good attack for the gryphon, right now this is what i've come up with his first attack is an anti sky attack, the gryphon is good against sky units, his second attack he throws stones at enemies BUT he can only throw stones every 30 seconds.

gameboy

« Reply #15 on: 20 November 2008, 12:16:33 »
okay, i tried shifting some command and put the starting resource high, it turns out the AI built all the buildings but didn't plant any, either they ran out of resources because they had a high pop of Elves or they don't know how.

modman

« Reply #16 on: 20 November 2008, 23:17:50 »
So they're not harvesting?

Ullallulloo

« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2008, 00:40:28 »
They can't plant trees to increase their Tree resource.

modman

« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2008, 01:06:25 »
Why don't you change it so that the plant tree command is with the other build buildings commands and just keep one tree.  To produce Tree, just do like I did in Dark Magic with the Energy Fountain; use an invisible unselectable unit to produce, and each unit can cost different amounts but give you more or less Tree.  Download Dark Magic as an example.

Idanwin

« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2008, 09:10:00 »
Never give buildings the regeneration ability.

modman

« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2008, 01:10:24 »
That is totally unrelated, please explain what you mean.

But if you're trying to spew out random facts, plase do it all in one post, so I can get knowledgeable from one place. =}

gameboy

« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2008, 07:17:27 »
okay heres an idea i got, it also explains why i gave the trees a regen,
when you build a tree you don't have to keep a worker till it gets done it'll regen to its max hp when you place the foundation, so heres the idea i give the tree a growing animation for its build skill so it'll look like its growing, but i'll only animate it till a point, so there will be a command called grow when activated the tree grows bigger, each time the tree grows bigger you get more tree.
how about it?

gameboy

Fixed AI well almost
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2008, 10:55:08 »
Great News! The Ai has now started (after changing a few commands) harvesting as well as building and planting.

mictes

« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2008, 10:58:27 »
Please tell us what you did !
I and some other still have the same AI-Problems.

Idanwin

« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2008, 12:43:06 »
The tree gains hp and when it has 1400 the building hasn't been build yet but it can be build any further because it already has got full health.
I had to make one of my units attack the tree while others were repairing until the building was really finished.