Author Topic: Vbros mod packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!  (Read 127905 times)

Gabbe

Re: Vbros mod packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!
« Reply #300 on: 12 November 2010, 22:25:31 »
how long will it take to become an Airship?!?!?!?!?!....

2000 posts

go to my site that i listed i updated the marvel one so it has no copyrighted content, ;D :bomb:

what site? :confused:

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #301 on: 12 November 2010, 22:50:47 »
go to my site that i listed i updated the marvel one so it has no copyrighted content, ;D :bomb:
I think that you don't really understand the copyright laws or issues, or what copyright is...

asdfghjkl80

« Reply #302 on: 13 November 2010, 01:30:30 »
my site was posted 7 or 8 posts ago from this one

Code: [Select]
I think that you don't really understand the copyright laws or issues, or what copyright is... i do c Copyright is the set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 13 November 2010, 02:34:20 »
for the copyright part i thought it would be ok because you made the Mario faction and Mario is copyrighted to

i think the reason the Mario faction was ok was because much of the stuff barely looks like anything Nintendo made: the Piranha Plants are red, not green; there's only ONE Mario; and the Goombas dont have arms.

(no offense to the creators of the faction....)
It was meant to be like that.  :)

And OK Ill look.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 25 January 2011, 02:10:27 »
OK, I updated vbros pack 4.

Fixed:
Moon's anims,
Martian's anims,
Added MG's particles,
New faction USA (United states of America).
Penguins removed from this pack (Will be in a future update of pack 3).

Zoythrus

Re: Vbros mod packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5! [Updated!]
« Reply #305 on: 25 January 2011, 07:40:18 »
i think that USA is funny (and since i am an American, i can laugh at this rendition of us).

would like to point out though: the "Find Patriots" upgrade sucks. there's no point in getting it because it barely does anything.

good start, guys! keep it up!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 24 February 2011, 01:31:31 »
Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Edit: Any one else tried it?

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #307 on: 26 February 2011, 20:59:03 »
You need to update the 2nd pack, because it still has Romans in it.

Zoythrus

« Reply #308 on: 27 February 2011, 01:39:32 »
hey Elim, i'd like to give some feedback on some of your mods.

1. ive noticed a reoccurring theme when it comes to certain upgrades. the benefits that some upgrades give you are like, +10 health and +1 attack. well, in a game where the average unit HP is 800 and the average attack is 100, +10 HP and +1 attack is virtually worthless. now, if they were +200 HP and +50 attack, then there'd be a reason to research them!

2. pretty much the only reason why your mods dont work with GAE is because you use .jpgs. honestly, who uses .jpgs? pngs are lossless and are much better quality. now, before you say that pngs are more space eating, i would like to remind you that they are not much bigger than jpgs, and look 10X better!

3. i would like to congratulate you on making better quality mods! you and your brothers are getting better!

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #309 on: 27 February 2011, 02:08:52 »
2. pretty much the only reason why your mods dont work with GAE is because you use .jpgs. honestly, who uses .jpgs? pngs are lossless and are much better quality. now, before you say that pngs are more space eating, i would like to remind you that they are not much bigger than jpgs, and look 10X better!
Stop attacking him for using jpgs. If you can't stop, do it for the merge. Also, if you'd check the timeline you'd know that jpgs are supported now.

Eliminator, it seems pine woods has problems... Could you try to fix it?

Zoythrus

« Reply #310 on: 27 February 2011, 02:12:43 »
Stop attacking him for using jpgs. If you can't stop, do it for the merge. Also, if you'd check the timeline you'd know that jpgs are supported now.

i didnt know that GAE now supports jpgs; but even so, pngs are better quality. honestly, to me it just seems like a step backwards.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 27 February 2011, 02:17:58 »
JPG is a bad format when it comes to (re)usability, but that really only matters if you plan on other people making derivatives of your textures.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #312 on: 27 February 2011, 02:37:48 »
Worse, JPGs mean that every time YOU save the texture, maybe you modified it a tad, or needed to add a tiny modification, or even if you don't change it at all but resave it. JPGs also can't suppose alpha, so even if your model isn't using alpha (to be honest, every model should have team color at least somewhere, and its a bad idea to split textures into too many files, as that makes a mess, tends to eat more space, and overly, should only be done if you need to toggle between transparency and team color).
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #313 on: 27 February 2011, 02:39:22 »

Didn't really seem like an attack, more so just advice... I mean .pngs are better... And whats bad about working on both engines?

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 27 February 2011, 04:40:05 »
I agree, I only used jpgs because That format had just been added to MG and I was testing it.
You need to update the 2nd pack, because it still has Romans in it.
I kinda want to keep them in, maybe I rename them to fantasy romans....
hey Elim, i'd like to give some feedback on some of your mods.

1. ive noticed a reoccurring theme when it comes to certain upgrades. the benefits that some upgrades give you are like, +10 health and +1 attack. well, in a game where the average unit HP is 800 and the average attack is 100, +10 HP and +1 attack is virtually worthless. now, if they were +200 HP and +50 attack, then there'd be a reason to research them!

3. i would like to congratulate you on making better quality mods! you and your brothers are getting better!
What tech is this in? And thanks.
What problem?

Zoythrus

« Reply #315 on: 27 February 2011, 04:58:47 »
which techs?

Americans: "Find Patriots"
Greeks: all blacksmith upgrades
and there are others, but i cant think of them right now....

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #316 on: 27 February 2011, 05:05:37 »
Didn't really seem like an attack, more so just advice... I mean .pngs are better... And whats bad about working on both engines?
Advice isn't advice when you keep hammering at it, obviously. No it's not bad...never said that. I just don't think Zoy should talking about using jpgs if the merge is going to happen...no point. Eventually Elim will use GAE/future glest...

I kinda want to keep them in, maybe I rename them to fantasy romans....
If you're keeping them, then I suggest that Romans be taken out of the megapack...romans isn't magic or tech...

Zoythrus

« Reply #317 on: 27 February 2011, 05:09:52 »
Advice isn't advice when you keep hammering at it, obviously. No it's not bad...never said that. I just don't think Zoy should talking about using jpgs if the merge is going to happen...no point.

sorry, ultifd, i had forgotten that i asked about it before....  :-[
but, even though the merge is happening, i still think that pngs would be a better choice over jpgs....

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #318 on: 27 February 2011, 07:54:16 »
It's OK...I mean, it is a better choice, but I think you can just let Eliminator take his time or wait till after the merge to convert his mod(s) to PNG... No need to rush, after all. IMO, other things would be better to focus on.
What problem?
Well, it seems to be broken; I guess. Do you think you could upload it?
I tried to use the one that was with the vbros pack, but it's broken (bad eliminator, bad) and too much of a mess for me to fix. If you have a working copy, think you or anyone else can take the screenshot? It's the "In the Forest" map (a default Glest map), and the screenshot location is a bit south of player one's starting location. MG or GAE will be needed to get the correct camera angle, and you'll have to increase the max rendering distance. Please use photomode to hide the GUI as well. Alternatively, upload me a working copy of pine woods and I'll get it done. Thanks.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2 March 2011, 06:07:01 »
OK, I will check it.

narutoci

« Reply #320 on: 15 March 2011, 23:50:44 »
Super! thank you, thank you very much. sorry for not answer you are super vbro soon. :thumbup:

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #321 on: 3 April 2011, 02:09:24 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-EVAZLLk8
Does anybody recognize this song? I don't know...
Anyways I wish I had this person's graphic card. Not the lag though...and I wish he didn't turn off the water effect.
Looks more of a showcase of the vbros mods.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 3 April 2011, 03:05:42 »
The music of crusaders is the free software song played with piano.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #323 on: 3 April 2011, 03:16:51 »
Oh, I thought it was something else.  :-[

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #324 on: 3 April 2011, 11:37:00 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-EVAZLLk8
Does anybody recognize this song? I don't know...
Anyways I wish I had this person's graphic card. Not the lag though...and I wish he didn't turn off the water effect.
Looks more of a showcase of the vbros mods.
The poster said the music used in the video is Oikaze.mp3 from the site: http://ro-bin.com/
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod