Archives (read only) > General discussion

Changing the screen resolution and other questions

(1/2) > >>

Rob00:
I know that you're supposed to edit glest.ini to change the resolution and stuff, but I can't seem to get the changes to stick. For one, the glest.ini wasn't in the right spot. I browsed to where most things say to, (In Ubuntu 9.04 by the way), but it wasnt there. I did however find it in usr/lib/glest/glest.ini.  I edited the ini to read :

ScreenHeight=768
ScreenWidth=1024

and I also set Windowed=1 (I wanted to try it in windowed mode)

but there were no changed once I launched the game. The settings stuck in the .ini, but the game doesn't seem to read them.

The game started in the lowest resolution possible too, is that the default? It gave me a bad first impression of the games graphics, but when I saw the screenshots, it looked great, so I figured I had to change the resolution to improve the graphics. I'm just wondering if Glest even knows where my INI is.  It doesn't seem to.

Any suggestions?

-Archmage-:
Hey we have the exact same OS (Kubuntu 9.04).

The glest.ini that should change the game is in: /home/(username here)/.glest

Rob00:
I'm looking in there, and I don't see it or anything Glest related. In fact, nothing's been modified in the last few days there at all. I installed Glest using Synaptic Add/Remove if that makes any difference. I'm kind of new to Ubuntu and haven't really figured out how to search for files apparently. When I search my file system it takes 1 second and says no files found.

ElimiNator:
Go to /home/(username here)/ and on the top of the window click view and check out show hidden files (Or Ctrl+H). Then go in /.glest/.

-Archmage-:
Yes, that should do it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version