Poll

Will you ever use these weapons/and or make requests?

YES! :)
17 (70.8%)
NO!  :-[
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: 20 July 2016, 17:17:45

Author Topic: Giant Weapons Cache! Not spam, Requests Taken!  (Read 26385 times)

Mark

Giant Weapons Cache! Not spam, Requests Taken!
« on: 16 September 2009, 02:05:59 »
New Download (Download this please): http://www.filefront.com/14614927/Weapons%201-2.zip

Note:  I have separated the weapons into 3 categories.  They are ancient world weapons, medieval weapons and fantasy style weapons. I only have info and descriptions on Medieval weapons as of yet.  

Preview: http://yfrog.com/69bigimagej  

MEDIEVAL ERA WEAPONS-Preview: http://yfrog.com/69bigimagej  
Medieval Weapons:  These are weapons used during the time period 1000-1500 CE in western and other parts of feudal Europe.  Some used by kings, some by only those who could afford them, and others by all soldiers.  They are all accurate, and though many variations in which size is differed exist in most cases, are all perfectly sized.  Make sure that when you use them you have them being used correctly.

Because of the length of the text, I have it as code, now.
Code: [Select]
Headgear and Shields:
[url=http://yfrog.com/0eheadgearandshieldsj]http://yfrog.com/0eheadgearandshieldsj[/url]
1. Crown with feather
Description: None needed
2. Crown
Description: A simple crown that can be worn by kings.
3. Feathered Plume
Description:  In order to distinguish themselves from ordinary soldiers, warriors of high ranking often wore plumes.
4. Conical Nasal Helm
Description: An old helmet dating back to the 1000s.
5. Blank form
Description: A model to help people make helmets.
6. Plumed Basinet with Pig-snouted visor
Description:  A popular helmet in the 1300s and 1400s, the basinet was often worn with a strong visor to protect the face, and a mail aventail hanging down to protect the neck.  The basinet was replaced by Sallet helmets, which afforded the wearer greater protection.  Also, the aventail was dropped for a steel bevor, or chin guard.
7. Unvisored Basinet
Description: A plain basinet helmet that although moderately weighty, had great defensive capabilities.  Widely used by infantry and archers.
8. Open faced helmet
Description: An alternative form of the basinet.
9. Metal Buckler
Description: Also called a fist shield, a small buckler was very useful as a defensive and occasionally offensive weapon.  It was often carried by light infantry and cavalry.
10. Kite shield
Description: Used mostly in the early middle ages, this shield, though heavy, offered extensive protecton to the user.  Used by many types of soldiers well into the middle ages.
11. Knightly shield (Large)
Description:  A large shield that largely replaced the kite shaped shield.  It was used mostly by knights, and bore their coat of arms.  
12. Knightly shield (Small)
Description:  As plate armor progressed in strength, shields grew smaller and smaller until they were either discarded or traded in for lighter bucklers, or shrunk to this size.  This shield is light, but can be used by a skilled soldier as an effective defensive armament.

[url=http://yfrog.com/58poleweaponsj]http://yfrog.com/58poleweaponsj[/url]
Pole Weapons:
1. Pike
Description: Used by both peasants and nobles alike, this weapon has great defensive potential, especially against charging cavalry.   This weapon required the user to use both hands.  At about 16 feet in length, it could effectively fend of infantry and impale cavalry.
2. Lance (Late Medieval)
Description: Used by charging horsemen and discarded later, the lance was a long spear that had a vamplate to protect the user’s hand.  It was held close to the shoulder, and could easily kill a man in one blow.  It was used in the mid to late Middle Ages.
3. Lance (Early Medieval)
Description: Used similarly to the other forms of lance, the early medieval lance was effective as it transferred the full energy of the horse and rider to the target.  Instead of having a vamplate, the shaft is enlarged at the handle to protect the users hand.
4. Poleaxe
Description:  A very powerful pole weapon that had a double head, below a deadly spike.  Each part had it s use.  The axe head was used to crush and slice through enemy infantry.  The hammerhead opposite the axe head was used to maul and neutralize heavily armored foes, and the spike could repel a cavalry charge, or any unwary infantry.
5. Quarterstaff
Description: A weapon used mostly in practice, the heavy ends of a quarterstaff could inflict grievous wounds.  Though very heavy, this weapon was a favorite of tournament competitors.  Special events, such as the “Bout with Quarterstaves” and the foot melee often used quarterstaves.
6. Bec de Corbin
Description: Similar to the Poleaxe, the Bec de Corbin is a form of war hammer that can be used to drag down enemy horsemen, penetrate vital spots, and repel cavalry charges.  It was a favorite of dismounted knights, especially in the 14th century, when pole weapons were the only major effective weapon against armored foes.  (Because of the minimal progression of gunpowder weapons)
7. Halberd
Description:  With a blade made out of a plow, the halberd, or swiss voulge, was a favorite weapon amoung peasants.  It had the perfect capabilities of stopping a charging knight, crushing plate armor, and keeping foes at a distance.  It was used widely in later medieval times, and was also the main weapon of such formations as the Pontifical Vatican Guard, an elite unit of bodyguards commanded to protect high profile figures, and royal sentry formations of several nations.  The only vice of this weapon was that it proved ineffective for blocking enemy blades.  Also, some accounts say that in prolonged melees it quickly tired the user.   The physics of it have it having a axe head opposite a hook or short spike, under a long spike.  The energy used to cruise through thick metal comes from the long arch needed to swing the weapon.  
8. Billhook
Description:  Effective against knights, this weapon was used simply.  The hook was used to drag a knight from his horse, and the spearhead to vanquish him.  This was a common weapon of non-knight infantry, and peasant militias.
9. Spear
Description: A mainstay of early medieval armies, and a common weapon after, the spear was an effective weapon against a knight.  Though unable to penetrate good armor, it could easily be used to bring down a horse.
10. Voulge
Description:  A pole weapon that consisted of a strong shaft, and a heavy duty cleaver on the business end.  Soldiers who chose to combat a voulgier often met untimely, painful deaths.  
11. Partisan
Description: A pole weapon that is only used for stabbing, the partisan is a weapon similar in appearance to military tridents, but is much different in use.  The only blade is the elongated center blade, which is I turn supported by smaller grooves to defend with.

[url=http://yfrog.com/0eswordsandlightweaponryj]http://yfrog.com/0eswordsandlightweaponryj[/url]
Swords and light weaponry:
1. Saxon Broad Axe
Description: A very powerful weapon consisting of a large pole, at the end of which is a blade.  Used early on in the medieval era, the Saxon Broad Axe had great offensive possibilities, and was able to cleave helmets and smash through even the finest chain mail hauberks.
2. Horseman’s Pick
Description:  A versatile weapon to say the least, the horseman’s pick consisted of a pick for which it was named, and a small axe head.  A common technique was to use the pick to drag a knight from his saddle by either embedding in an enemy’s armor, or catching a loose plate.  After the enemy was in good reach, the axe head was useful for smashing through the enemy’s chest or helmet.
3. Small Flail
Description: A frightening weapon, the flail was useful generally only to infantry.  But versions with single handles and smaller chains were made, too.  These were often used in tournaments, and were less useful in actual combat than in a tournament.
4. Horseman’s Axe
Description: Though small, the Horseman’s Axe was able to cut through many types of armor, and knock an enemy sideways.  With a smaller handle to more accommodate a horseman, it was considerable less useful than the full axe.
5. Bardiche Axe
Used mainly by eastern armies in the middle ages, notably the Varangian Guard in Byzantium, the Bardiche axe was extremely deadly when used properly.  When not, it is an ugly mess for the user, the target and the men surrounding the user.  Little could stand up against the mammoth blade, which comprised of up to half the weapon’s length.  All force generated came from the momentum of the giant blade, which had to be attached twice to the haft to keep from being separated.
6. Small knightly sword
Description: Mainly used by knights and wealthy men-at-arms, the sword was a great weapon for it’s ability to parry blows.  It could be used for stabbing, slashing and slapping.  Well made swords had a diamond shape to them, and had a groove called a fuller down the center to reduce weight.  It was also balanced, which made it very easy to use.  
7. Short stabbing sword
As plate armor progressed, the use of swords as weapons was confined to generally stabbing, because a slash could not penetrate armor.  A skillful swordsman could easily use a small, light sword like this to penetrate weak points, such as in the armpit, and the neck.
8. Zwei Hander
Description:  A two handed sword, the Zwei Hander is a lethal weapon.  The giant arch created by the path of the blade is sufficient to sever armored and unarmored limbs.  With a second leather grip, the Zwei Hander can repel cavalry charges as it is turned into a makeshift spear.  
9. Landsknecht Secondary Sword
Description: After a Landsknecht loses his Zwei Hander or pike, he will pull out his trusty sword.  Similar to other swords of the time, the distinction between it and other swords of that era was more in design than purpose.
10. Flamberge
Description: From French ‘Flaming sword’, a Flamberge was a development of the Zwei hander and other 2 handed swords.  The use of the ridges that so famously name the weapon is unknown; speculations include it being able to better parry blows, or to give the user an outlandish appearance without sacrificing with power.

ANCIENT WEAPONS-http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9823/fantasyweapons.png
Download

ANCIENT WEAPONS
Ancient Weapons:  Weapons used in ancient European and Mediterranean civilizations that were common and invoke awe and wonder.  The first side on the left of the divide in yellow is the weapons used by Romans, and right of that are those used by the Greeks.  Those are the only civilizations I have models of, so far at least, so requests are specifically welcome.

Roman Weapons

FANTASY STYLE WEAPONS-http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1097/ancientweapons.png
Download:
Fantasy Weapons:  These are so far mostly weapons by request.  I hope people request more, because this topic has a lot of potential.  All are imaginary, and all are of some strange fantasy theme I made up in my head.

Code: [Select]

1. Cloak with Hood
Description:  A full cloak that encloses the wearer’s head, back and shoulders.  Can hold dark and mysterious, even frightening power that it may or may not choose to share with the wearer.
2. Light Cape
Description:  Though small in size, the light cape protects the wearer’s back from the elements, or the occasional arrow of a cowardly archer.  
3. Cloak
Description: Enclosing shoulders and backs, this cloak allows the wearer to call upon magical powers within his clothing, and gives him room for a large helmet.  A favorite of novices to the art of magic.
4. Punching Axe
Description: The strange shape of this axe allows the user to keep enemies at bay, while not exerting too much energy.  Orcs and goblins who ride on horseback prefer to charge through the enemy with axes, not spears, because it is their tradition, and because against the armored infantry they often oppose, a spear is really quite flimsy.
5. Double-Headed Axe
Description:  A mainstay of Orc and Goblin armies.  Favored by all but scouts as and all around smashing *pardon the pun* choice.  Able to be heaved to cleave armor, shields, helmets, and most importantly, human flesh and bone.  A nasty weapon, but a quite cumbersome, slow, and limited weapon at the same time.  Favored with Orcs and other simple beings because it leaves nothing to the imagination, other than what head to gruesomely smash next!
6. Light Axe
Description:  Featuring only one attack method, this axe is light and can still do great damage.  Used by raiding parties, scouts, and common village-people in times of danger.
7. Multipurpose Axe
Description: First developed when a curious goblin attached to captured spearheads to his single-bladed axe, this weapon has come far since its accidental discovery.  Given the same possibilities of the older Double Headed Axe, without the giant weight, and with two new attack techniques:  It can now punch through even magical armor with its giant spike opposite its axe head, or to keep enemies away with the spear-like edge.
8. Necromancer’s staff
Description:  Able to conjure not only cruel spells, this weapon can summon undead creatures at the flick of a wrist *err… wand, actually*, to be used at a moment’s notice.  Favored by only advanced sorcerers, because of its weight, cost and delicacy.
9. Basic Staff
Description: A favorite companion to a wizard out on a walk.  Though it has no magical powers, it can be used for a wizard to practice a new spell, without having him blow up the neighborhood.
10. Novices’ staff
Description: Lacking the great spell capacity, this weapon is only for beginners.  In fact, it only allows harmless spells to be performed by it.
11. Flail
Description: A favorite of shock infantry, this devastating weapon often causes terrible wounds.  Though very powerful, it is heavy and dangerously unwieldy.
12. Magic Staff
Description: Exactly like the Necromancer’s staff, minus one vital and valuable ability:  It cannot be used to conjure soldiers.  
13. Scimitar
Description: Though without the desirable chopping possibilities of the axe, this weapon is light, strong in its curved shape, and frightening all at once.  Considered to be more sophisticated than the axes, this weapon is very deadly.
14. Death Lord’s Cauldron
Description: Able to spawn doom for all in its path, the Death Lord’s Cauldron can fulfill prophecies, and can be used for just about anything, such as cleaning the dishes or vanquishing an army of enemies.
15. Double Poleaxe
Description: Used by infantry as a powerful, armor cleaving weapon, this baby can use the momentum generated by swinging the pole to crash through nearly all materials.
16. Cruel Spear
Description: Used as an execution weapon mostly, this impractical device causes painful, slow death.  
17. Spear
Description: Better suited for defensive positioning, this weapon can mainly block enemy infantry, but can unleash havoc on cavalry.
18. Poleaxe
Description: Giant and heavy, this weapon is similar to the Double Poleaxe.  It has the same possibilities, and is favored by old-timer goblins and Orcs.
19. Small Poleaxe
Description: The name of efficiency, this weapon is not hampered by weight, size, or unwieldiness, and improving previous models, this is a great and very advanced (For a goblin or Orc, mind you) weapon.  It actually improves the ability to smash, hack and stab.

P.S.  Do not hesitate to request weapons!  In fact, do so as often as practical.  Please do not flame about them being historically inaccurate, as many uneducated Medieval 2 players try to.  If you think one is inaccurate, please tell me either via P.M. or through a post.  Later, I will endeavor to include Ancient Weaponry and Fantastical Weaponry as separate files.  

Things to include in request- 1.) Generic name of weapon/armament, 2.) A link to a site about it if it is a very uncommon or unknown one, and 3.) An image of EXACTLY what you think it should look like.  If you are not specific, you will not get a pretty result, and I may misrepresent your idea.  And please, don’t ask for me to send it to only you, because this topic is for the community.  If it is being used in a top secret mod just P.M. me and I will understand.

P.S.  There is no need to download separate files-It is all in one giant .Blend.  

REQUEST, REQUEST, REQUEST!
« Last Edit: 7 October 2009, 02:29:30 by Mark »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Giant Weapons Cache! Not spam, Requests Taken!
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2009, 02:25:26 »
Nice man! :)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2009, 02:28:31 »
Looks good I might use them in a future mod.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

GlestNewb

« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2009, 02:58:18 »
Things like these make me wanna start modding

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2009, 08:07:31 »
Great work Mark!

I would like to request some projectile weapons bows/crossbows/slings etc.
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Mark

« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2009, 19:50:23 »
Make a list and I will do it!

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2009, 20:39:08 »
Here comes my wish list then.

1.Flame Effect(particle? not quite sure(flame trowher like effect).
2.Small Gatling/Machinegun/Pulserifle effect.(agien particle i do not know).

thats all for now. i might ask for more if you want to make more :D.

right now i just need to finish my own sh** and get that mod Beta ready!.
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

Mark

« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2009, 21:31:50 »
Here comes my wish list then.

1.Flame Effect(particle? not quite sure(flame trowher like effect).
2.Small Gatling/Machinegun/Pulserifle effect.(agien particle i do not know).

thats all for now. i might ask for more if you want to make more :D.

right now i just need to finish my own sh** and get that mod Beta ready!.
Clarification, please.

Fluffy203

« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2009, 22:25:24 »
yea i have figured out how to make a flash for the gun , but still have fun with it took me forever  :D

Mark

« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2009, 01:48:54 »
Okay, as of yet I cannot animate, so that particle effect is off limits for my work.  But the way to do that would have a small transparent object that looks like an explosion blossoming from the gun.  This can also be done to make "Steam" or "Smoke", or certain others.

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2009, 07:38:42 »
oh, okay :D, no problem :D
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2009, 08:15:37 »
That's quite an impressive arsenal, and they're all quite well done from what I can tell.  I voted "no", but that's just because I prefer to make my own, but I expect that these will see a fair amount of use from other people.  Plus, it's always good practice.

Fluffy203

« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2009, 12:23:08 »
I also voted "no" for the same reason john did  :D

Mark

« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2009, 02:10:18 »
Well, I really meant this to be for people who are really going to make bad models and have the decency to admit it.  Luckily, there is no one currently who makes bad weapon models as far as I can tell, so it really isn't that much of an issue.

I have made Longbow, Shortbow, Composite bow and Sling models, so is their anything else I should make before I upload?

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2009, 02:17:40 »
Fantastic! I might use some of these when I remake FPM. I haven't looked closely at the weapons I may need for that, but a few staffs and magic style armor (robes) would be great, along with anything else that you may think should appear in FPM.

I won't go specific cause I am too busy to give it much thought yet (military, ho hum), so use your imagination. I'm not fussy.  ;)

EDIT: It would be nice if you textured them too. Or maybe individual blend files. It took me five minutes to realize how to import from another blend file, and was kind of annoying to do...

ANOTHER EDIT: To save filesize, you shouldn't post blend1, blend2, blend3, and so on files in the pack. These are auto-generated backups. Me? I turn them off. To do so, just use the user preferences menu and be sure to save the preferences.

PS: I voted yes. :)
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 02:21:02 by omega »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Mark

« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2009, 02:31:41 »
Okay, I thought I said I would only texture some model if someone for SURE was going to use it.  Although I suppose a simple UV map couldn't hurt.  I will try to make some more weapons.

Hectate

« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2009, 04:34:51 »
A suggestion instead of a request: Put a very basic man shape in there too for scale reference. If a weapon gets imported to an custom model it'll help I think. The sizes might be good for a footsoldier, but what if I am making a giant cyclops-type monster? He'll need an equivalently larger weapon.

GlestNewb

« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2009, 04:52:25 »
You can make the claymore :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2009, 18:58:11 »
Hectate, it would be easy to enlarge the weapon yourself. Still it won't be hard to import a swordman...
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Hectate

« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2009, 19:25:33 »
Hectate, it would be easy to enlarge the weapon yourself. Still it won't be hard to import a swordman...
I meant so you knew how big they were supposed to be in relation to the user. Yes scale is an easy adjustment.

Mark

« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2009, 00:51:56 »
I thought I did have a swordsman as a separate object?  Maybe I forgot to include that, because all models are perfectly (And I know because I am obsessed with the stuff) sized to be held by tech's swordsman.  (And they are all, [so far] historically accurate.)

About the giant soldiers, I wanted to add cordoned off areas that have fantasy weapons, ancient weapons and misfit weapons.  But that got canned when my imagination ran out late two nights ago. 

Hectate

« Reply #21 on: 22 September 2009, 02:17:21 »
Sorry Mark, I didn't actually open it. He may be in there, but as unmentioned I didn't realize it. I've been focusing on getting these video tutorials working well. Uploading one right now actually...

Mark

« Reply #22 on: 23 September 2009, 21:53:22 »
It's alright.

Update coming soon!  With cloaks, staffs, ranged weapons and a couple ancient greek weapons.

Scenariole

« Reply #23 on: 23 September 2009, 21:57:29 »
Wow these look good, they could be used in some troll tech I could be making, if only I knew how to make 3d models.

Mark

« Reply #24 on: 23 September 2009, 22:02:25 »
Well, make some requests now and I will keep them in the model file.

anything