Author Topic: Magitech Heroes: 2 New Heroes!  (Read 3104 times)

Ligerteeth

Magitech Heroes: 2 New Heroes!
« on: 10 October 2009, 06:06:32 »
So, I was slightly inspired by the games DotA and HoN to make this mod. Essentially this is a mod intended for 2v2 multiplayer. It is not a full, standalone mod, it is an alternative gameplay mod for magitech. There are (currently) eight heroes that you can choose from:
Archer, Guard, Summoner
Battle Machine, Golem, Airship
Battlemage, Horseman
Ghost Armor, Drake Rider

You play your hero and five "grunts" (Swordmen for tech, Daemons for Magic). Grunts are weak, easy to kill units that mainly exist to frustrate your enemies. At the beginning of the game, you have 3 skill points which you can uses to purchase upgrades. There are five upgrades that apply to your hero and two which apply to you grunts. The grunt upgrades - one which increases the number of grunts to eight and one which improves their stats - must be purchased in sequence (first cap increase, then stats) so to have "fully upgraded" grunts, you must use 2/3 of your skill points, giving you only one available hero upgrade. Each hero has at least one "power" which he can use. These are usually more powerful attacks that require ep, or sprint moves that require ep. The goal is to destroy your enemy's base. There is NO BUILDING in this mod, only attack and defence. YOUR BASE CANNOT BE REPAIRED. So thats it. This is sort of a beta release as I'll update this very often often. (weekly?)Any input/ suggestions/ criticism is appreciated. Every part of this mod can be used for any use as long as I am given credit, just keep in mind that at this stage its isn't very clean or polished. Please enjoy.

Magitech Heroes Version 1.20 mini-update http://www.mediafire.com/?0wt4nojt5da

Update News

General

Two New Heroes

Summoner
A hero with weak magic and healing abilities that compensates by employing a pseudo-drake to fight for her. This is a more difficult hero to use as you must control two heroes at once essentially and balance the Summoners healing with the drake's offense.

Airship
A powerful ranged unit with decent armor and speed. Pretty basic hero, easy to understand and use.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2009, 20:19:13 by Ligerteeth »

Hectate

Re: Magitech Heroes: First Release
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2009, 04:55:10 »
Cool ideas, reminds me of Eaglestone with some of them - no problems there. I look forward to a chance to test it.

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2009, 08:00:36 »
Some of the heroes seem unbalanced. Using the drake rider I was able to beat the guard by simply outrunning him and attacking his castle. The Golem is pretty much unstoppable and can take on any other hero and grunts.

I can see this mod being really fun if it was 2v2 human players picking hero combinations which best complement each other.  Unfortunately it is currently hobbled by the fact that the AI has no idea what to do, making it a pushover.

I liked the simple maps that came with this as well, I'll probably use them in other games ;)

Overall I like the concept and think you should continue working on it  :)
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Ligerteeth

« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2009, 18:12:21 »
thanks for the compliments. I am continuing to work on the mod, especially balancing issues and I will try to add new heroes frequently enough. I was aware that the ai fail with this mod, but as I said it was intended for online play. I will try to fix the balance problems you mentioned, but as I said, this is really a beta release.

Ligerteeth

Re: Magitech Heroes: 2 New Heroes!
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2009, 20:20:41 »
Plans For Next Update

General
-Increase number of powers for every hero to four.
-Increase available upgrades for every hero to 10.
-Port MtH into GAE, cleanup files, remove useless baggage.

Note, this update will take over a week and will signal the final release of MtH
« Last Edit: 23 October 2009, 17:41:54 by Ligerteeth »

InojAye

« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2009, 14:14:33 »
          Do you have any images of this new Heroes ? I am the one who will not be convinced if I do not see anything.

Hectate

« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2009, 20:36:01 »
          Do you have any images of this new Heroes ? I am the one who will not be convinced if I do not see anything.
From the names and descriptions, I would suspect that the heroes are currently using the classic Glest models. I have not had time to try this yet. Doing so would simplify the mod creation process and involve modifying .XML instead of doing a lot from modeling from scratch.

Ligerteeth, could you expand upon this explanation or am I accurate?

Ligerteeth

« Reply #7 on: 28 November 2009, 01:18:57 »
you are right, they are the original models, it says on the first post that I was just modifying magitech and not making a new faction

anything