Author Topic: GLADE's future  (Read 43311 times)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: GLADE's future
« Reply #275 on: 1 July 2010, 12:13:12 »
I seem to remember that I said I would help with animations. So.........need anything animated? ;D
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2 July 2010, 00:13:08 »
I seem to remember that I said I would help with animations. So.........need anything animated? ;D
I seem to remember you saying you'd make me an Exo Suit? ;D

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #277 on: 3 July 2010, 05:11:33 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on July 01, 2010, 09:18:00
I seem to remember that I said I would help with animations. So.........need anything animated? Grin
I seem to remember you saying you'd make me an Exo Suit? Grin

I seem to remember saying that sometime......... ;D

Ok, I can try to model that exosuit soon....... :look: ;)

UPDATE:

I made a HD Humanoid Exosuit model.
It's missing a head and I haven't added any special gizmos yet. :D
John, I'm going to let you add any gizmos you want, and I'm leaving the head up to you. It's extremely Human looking, but that's because I didn't know exactly what to shoot for.
For the licensing of the model: Real simple, no permission is required to edit/use the model, but I request that I be given credit for my work. IF you edited it simply say(this is an example, and that is my name): "Base model by: Seth Kelley    Edited by: John Harvey", or whatever you want to say, but please credit me.
Enjoy. I'll be uploading tonight or tomorrow, we'll see. ;)

PS: The model is ~850 polygons(triangulated) in it's current state(missing head)
Extra features of the model: It's got hands. :P
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #278 on: 3 July 2010, 06:04:28 »
Ok, I made a few last touches to the model.

Download
Egypt Remastered!

wyvern

« Reply #279 on: 3 July 2010, 17:23:46 »
is there a deadline for this project, I'm just wondering :| :|

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 3 July 2010, 20:16:13 »

Download
Ehh, not really what I was going for.  That seems more like one of those quarantine/biohazard suits.  Can you make it more bulky and mechanical looking?

is there a deadline for this project, I'm just wondering :| :|
Dark Magic taught me a valuable lesson about deadlines.  When working with a team of volunteers who contribute on their own time according to their own schedules and motivations, it'll take as long as it takes (but no longer).

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #281 on: 3 July 2010, 21:26:38 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 03:09:16

Download
Ehh, not really what I was going for.  That seems more like one of those quarantine/biohazard suits.  Can you make it more bulky and mechanical looking?

I understand. This was supposed to be kinda like a nanosuit in Crysis, but with more mechanical stuff attached to it. I made the nanosuit-like thing, and I left it up to you to add gizmos/armor/mechanics. See what I'm talking about?

I can add some mechanical stuff to it and give it extra armor, and maybe a small emergency air supply? But I was leaving it up to you, because you know what you want it to look like. ;)
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #282 on: 4 July 2010, 17:50:44 »
John I'm just curious if you read my reply.......
I'm kinda waiting for a response........ :|

In the meantime I quickly added some armor pieces, and one gizmo to the model, so it you want it, I'll upload the armored exosuit.
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 4 July 2010, 18:45:42 »
I'll take a swing at the exosuit(sounds fun!). :D
Cool.  What I'm picturing in my mind is kinda like a cross between this and this, but with more of a spacesuit-like helmet.
See, it's more like a robot that you wear.  That thing from Crysis doesn't even look "powered" at all, let alone like anything that would fit the description of "exoskeleton".  I think the biggest problem with your model is the arms.  They just look like... well... regular human arms.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #284 on: 4 July 2010, 20:32:55 »
Quote from: John.d.h on June 01, 2010, 16:31:49
Quote from: -Archmage- on June 01, 2010, 11:23:00
I'll take a swing at the exosuit(sounds fun!). Cheesy
Cool.  What I'm picturing in my mind is kinda like a cross between this and this, but with more of a spacesuit-like helmet.
See, it's more like a robot that you wear.

Both of those look very uncomfortable and hard to use........

That thing from Crysis doesn't even look "powered" at all, let alone like anything that would fit the description of "exoskeleton".

It's a nanosuit(aka exosuit), not an exoskeleton. ::) the Crysis nanosuit is made out of flexable, bullet and flak resistant material, so that you can move easily, and be well protected. It's designed like the Human body, energy circulates through it, and it's like a second pair of muscles In Armor mode, the suit tightens/stiffens up, providing much more bullet and flak resistance. In speed mode, it uses the reflex boosters and extra set of muscles to quicken your movements and reactions, but this mode provides less strength and protection. In strength mode, nano things go into your body through the pores in your skin, the nano things temporarily increase your natural strength by about 3-5 times, and the nanosuits synthetic muscles system acts in cooperation with your own for a large strength increase. In strength mode you can jump about 10-20 feet into the air, and you can throw enemy soldiers about 20 feet into the air, when you punch an enemy in the game, they usually get killed instantly and sometimes end up being punched into a double backflip into the object(s) behind them. In cloak mode......well you cloak. :P
I described what I think happens during different modes, I don't know for sure though...... :P

Check this out...

I think the biggest problem with your model is the arms.  They just look like... well... regular human arms.

Yea, I know. You know what you want the alien's arm to look like, so I'm leaving the customization of the model to you. Do whatever you want to the model, just credit me for the original thing. ;)

You wanted something like this, so I made the bottom layer on which everything(armor/mechanics) can be set on, the point was to have a base layer which is easy to move around in, and then add the mechanics and stuff on top. I knew about what to do for the base, but not what to do for the mechanics and stuff, so I'm leaving that up to you. ;)

I hope you're seeing what I'm trying to do here. Basically, I made you the first layer of a multi-layered object. The first layer still needs to be "alienized", but you'd know better than me how many fingers the alien has and stuff since it's your mod. Of course, I'm leaving the mechanical layer up to you as well, because you know what you want in your mind, and unfortunately I'm not psychic.

I can explain further my point if you wish?
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 4 July 2010, 21:20:11 »
<snip />
Yeah, the Crysis thing really isn't what I'm going for... at all.  Your model isn't bad; it's just not right in this case.  I'll see what I can create maybe tomorrow, because yours is kind of a dead end at this point. :-\

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #286 on: 4 July 2010, 21:32:17 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 17:37:43
<snip />
Yeah, the Crysis thing really isn't what I'm going for... at all.  Your model isn't bad; it's just not right in this case.  I'll see what I can create maybe tomorrow, because yours is kind of a dead end at this point. Undecided

I understand what you mean, but I think you misunderstood me a bit.
What I mean is a Crysis type suit for the bottom layer and then the mechanics attached to the Crysis type layer. The flexible Crysis type layer is so the alien can move, if it was simply mechanics it would be very difficult to move and to wear.

BTW, I'm whipping up an armored version of my previous exosuit with some cool gadgets and gizmos. Maybe you can have an Exosuit unit(the model I'm working on now), and a Heavy Exosuit unit(more mechanical suit)?

UPDATE: Could you use my Exosuit model for the Humans?
« Last Edit: 4 July 2010, 21:49:47 by -Archmage- »
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 4 July 2010, 22:49:30 »
Fluffy's doing the humans now, so you'd have to ask him.  I don't know if you caught the discussion from earlier, but basically he decided to split off and do a different project, with the humans fighting two entirely different alien factions.  Since he didn't want to use any of the alien stuff that had been done so far, I'm using it for this project.

For reference: https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=5486.0

Personally, I don't think your suit has a place in this mod.  Maybe Fluffy or somebody else will have a use for it.  If you want something to do, there are a few units that could stand to be re-animated, like the Mothership (the ramp is all messed up), the Killbot, and the Invader.  Unfortunately, those were all animated in 3DS, so you'd have to import them from g3d (except for the Invader, which has a non-animated .blend).  I'm pretty sure all of the textures need team color added to them, but I seem to remember you dislike dealing with textures.  I've partially animated the Crawler, and I can send you the .blend if you want to finish that.  The Invader could probably use a new head, too (something more like this).  Plenty of stuff to do.

@Wyvern: How are those buildings coming along?  No pressure, just checking.

Edit: I just realized we still need a Weapons Center as well.
« Last Edit: 4 July 2010, 22:54:53 by John.d.h »

wyvern

« Reply #288 on: 4 July 2010, 23:38:17 »
Do you have concept art, I'll model it and the buildings are coming along, though the defense tower thing is taking time, maybe we could make our own human faction, like a mix of all ww2 factions combined with the best of each. unlikely but an idea nonetheless

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 5 July 2010, 01:09:10 »
I don't have any concept for it yet.  You can take your time on the buildings; no one's in a hurry.  If Fluffy finishes his mod, then we might just be able to shoehorn ours into his tech tree, or maybe we can balance against Military.  I don't know.  We'll see.

wyvern

« Reply #290 on: 5 July 2010, 01:44:29 »
Ahh okay :) :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #291 on: 5 July 2010, 04:07:56 »
I understand, still a fun model to design. :)

Just post somethin' for me to animate and I'll get to work. ;D
Egypt Remastered!