Author Topic: Magic mk2 type A  (Read 6517 times)

wyvern

Magic mk2 type A
« on: 15 April 2010, 15:55:53 »
This is a slightly edited mode of magic but once again none of the models are mine, I plan to make a second version of this that will have more added units than just a unicorn and an evil dragon which was made by Madelf and posted by Titi.

Here's the download http://www.filefront.com/16132287/magic.7z

This version is still pretty balanced with all the other factions so it can be traded for the old magic.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2010, 18:03:21 by wyvern »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Magic mk2 type A
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2010, 19:17:20 »
Cool...although the only extra unit that there is the unicorn...  ::) the evil dragon and power golem or already included I think...still cool.  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2010, 19:29:14 »
I know it's not much :( but I'm making a armored daemon, and am considering a daemon archer and a behemoth rock thrower, and as I said a black knight.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2010, 19:30:27 »
I know it's not much :( but I'm making a armored daemon, and am considering a daemon archer and a behemoth rock thrower, and as I said a black knight.
I know, but I still like it, and thank you for uploading it...  ::)
Keep up the good work...or should I say awesome worK?  ::)  :O
 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2010, 19:36:16 »
Well thanks :) for the compliment and if you have any suggestions for the expansion project you can tell me.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2010, 19:39:53 »
Well thanks :) for the compliment and if you have any suggestions for the expansion project you can tell me.
:)
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=4124
Check there,
a lot of the Glest community has a lot of good ideas... well that sentence was a jumble...  ::)

Thanks,  :)  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2010, 19:57:34 »
Great ideas I'll definitely try to make the centaurs and satyrs though I'm not sure of my modeling capability. The orc should be put into some lord of the rings mod I think. the assault troopers a flail man and theres already a set of crossbowmen and pikemen. Maybe a stone tower for tech and a fire wall for magic, the trebuchet would be great for a gondor mod and it's one of the units that the gervoriath are gonna have. things like the chimera sound nice but i'd change the attack style. I'll start working on it as soon as possible and I'll see what the results are. At any rate you have my thanks ultifd :) ;D

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2010, 19:59:10 »
Great ideas I'll definitely try to make the centaurs and satyrs though I'm not sure of my modeling capability. The orc should be put into some lord of the rings mod I think. the assault troopers a flail man and theres already a set of crossbowmen and pikemen. Maybe a stone tower for tech and a fire wall for magic, the trebuchet would be great for a gondor mod and it's one of the units that the gervoriath are gonna have. things like the chimera sound nice but i'd change the attack style. I'll start working on it as soon as possible and I'll see what the results are. At any rate you have my thanks ultifd :) ;D
Good to hear.  :)
Umm...no you have my thanks...you are the one that actually does stuff...  ::)
So thanks.  :thumbup: Good Luck.

wyvern

« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2010, 20:01:44 »
It's your advice that's helping but still

Thank you :)

wyvern

« Reply #9 on: 16 April 2010, 15:03:11 »
I made an armored daemon. :) :)

wyvern

« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2010, 17:00:23 »
Should I put in a armored unicorn or should there be a centaur. :confused: :confused:

jda

« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2010, 17:53:04 »
This is a slightly edited mode of magic but once again none of the models are mine, I plan to make a second version of this that will have more added units than just a unicorn and an evil dragon which was made by Titi.
The Evil Dragon was not made by Titi. It was made by MadElf from the original magitech dragon. See here: https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=4318.0
Now... MadElf never did post the links to his models (at least AFAIK) but Titi did got it (I'm pretty sure he did confirm it came from MadElf but don't remember where I read that). So... there are other models in that thread, you might ask MadElf for the files maybe...?  :-\

Cool...although the only extra unit that there is the unicorn...  ::) the evil dragon and power golem or already included I think...still cool.  :thumbup:
The evil dragon and the power golem only come with the MegaGlest engine, they are not availabe in vanilla Glest Magitech nor in GAE Magitech. You can get them in Glest and GAE though through Titi's Megapack v4 though. Was that what you meant?

Should I put in a armored unicorn or should there be a centaur. :confused: :confused:
I'd rather a centaur than yet another unicorn. ;D
But beware: other people have posted about modelling a centaur, maybe someone else already made one and didn't actually use it in their own mods...

wyvern

« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2010, 17:57:37 »
My apologies to Madelf then I didn't know but thanks for informing me. :(

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2010, 17:57:58 »
The evil dragon and the power golem only come with the MegaGlest engine, they are not availabe in vanilla Glest Magitech nor in GAE Magitech. You can get them in Glest and GAE though through Titi's Megapack v4 though. Was that what you meant?
Yes.  ::)  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2010, 18:00:56 »
I saw that theres already a satyr model, should I go ahead and make my own for this addition.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2010, 18:30:58 »
I saw that theres already a satyr model, should I go ahead and make my own for this addition.
I guess...but wouldn't that be kinda weird... how would it fit...  ::)

jda

« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2010, 23:07:24 »
@ wyvern
If MadElf gives you his model files and permission to use them, I guess the job is done already. :O Just ask him, don't expect him to see this, not everyone gets to look at every thread around... :P

@ ultifd
I might be talking out of my *ss here ('cause I haven't done it myself) but did you look at the thread with the Satyr model pic MadElf posted in there? He probably said something about it too. Maybe even someone suggested it before... :P

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2010, 23:10:20 »
@ ultifd
I might be talking out of my *ss here ('cause I haven't done it myself) but did you look at the thread with the Satyr model pic MadElf posted in there? He probably said something about it too. Maybe even someone suggested it before... :P
Yeah...I did...pretty cool. But to me it doesn't really fit with the current Magic units.  ::)
But if he was going to make it himself...  :|

We'll see.  ::)

wyvern

« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2010, 13:11:11 »
I could try to make a mythology mod instead and that could contain the centaur and satyr. At any rate I have some ideas for additions on the daemons a monster rider and an archer, a firewall I already mentioned the armored daemon. For any addition ideas post here. I could post a poll on the satyr and centaur problem

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2010, 16:58:26 »
You could certainly make a mythology/monsters mod, with the armored daemon, satyr, centaur, etc.  I think that could be pretty cool.  If you need any more ideas for units, I'm sure I could come up with plenty (somewhat of a mythology buff here 8)).

wyvern

« Reply #20 on: 18 April 2010, 00:54:35 »
The armored daemon would be more for magic and pretty much cheap un upgradeable but able to beat a tech swordman. If you could post your ideas for magic additions here that would be nice  :) :). But I do have some ideas like a war mage who would be the opposite of an archmage with armor plate and good hp a staff for devastating close quarters combat and long range ice shard magic. Also there could be a ghost armor spearman and a firewall that would be created by a archmage and would do heavy damage to close units and lastly a cheap expendable daemon archer. I would really appreciate the suggestions though as I'm not so sure about some of my current ideas :) :)
« Last Edit: 18 April 2010, 14:55:41 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2010, 21:56:13 »
John can you post me some of your ideas please :) :)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 April 2010, 23:37:16 »
A think a satyr would probably be appropriate in the Swordman's role, while the minotaur would probably be stronger than the Guard but with less armor.  A centaur would be a good cavalry/archer unit.  A cyclops would be a good match for a Behemoth or Battle Machine.  Chimera - fairly tough and breathes fire, possible siege unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Greek_legendary_creatures

If you want to branch out into other mythologies than just Greek, there are giants, sea monsters, dragons...

wyvern

« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2010, 14:36:52 »
Thanks for the ideas :) :) And yeah I was also thinking there should be more separate mythology units like the midgard serpent and other things. :) Should the mythology faction get a different post.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 14:38:53 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2010, 20:08:03 »
There could be a mage knight riding on a horse, pretty much a battlemage with sword and horse. I also want to ask if anyone thinks uruk hai would fit into this addition pack.

anything