Author Topic: 3.3.5 beta is available! ( Masterserver/Multiplayer/Crossplatform test it! )  (Read 10490 times)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Here you can always find the latest available development binaries ( win32 and linux ) :

UPDATE: June 30, 2010
(we fixed a few bugs and polished a few things)

(At the moment the latest version is 3.3.5-beta19)

Linux update (32bit)

Linux update (64bit)

---

Windows update (32 and 64 bit)

Please test the new multiplayer features like masterserver,crossplatform gaming and so on and give feedback here!

Currently users should have the current Mega-Glest Release version installed, then overlay these updates on top. This update allows multi-player / multi-platform play and introduces the master-server so people can find others hosting internet games and join in.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2 July 2010, 03:09:56 by softcoder »

Super Tom

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
Crossplatform test binaries!
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2010, 06:45:21 »
I have done a test, everything normal, thank you, softcoder! I tested in the VISTA operating system, has stabilized. I believe that anyone in win7 operating system testing. Thank you!

I look forward to adding more new features. For example: Archer can not now come down from the high slopes, horseman can not come from the water!
« Last Edit: 2 May 2010, 07:02:04 by tom123 »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Crossplatform test binaries!
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2010, 09:38:44 »
We successfull played 4 crossplatform games yesterday and everything worked well. Not one of them got out of sync!
Wciow used windows(xp?) and I used linux(ubuntu8.10).

2 times we got an error message directly after starting the game about a wrong message type. I think this is related to my client-menu work which needed new messages. I will look into it later today.
Thank you very much for this crossplatform thing softcoder!

update: I hope we soon see a lot of "Testers" in the irc  ;)
« Last Edit: 3 May 2010, 14:05:55 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Re: Crossplatform Tests!! ( binaries available! )
« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2010, 13:18:59 »
ups, current linux version is build with libxerces-c.so.28 , but in the libs dir is only libxerces-c.so.27 ......
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2010, 15:43:51 »
Done, both win32 and Lionux binaries are recompiled with the sound fix and linux also has the right xerces libs.

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: Crossplatform test binaries!
« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2010, 16:27:47 »
Wciow used windows(xp?)

I used Win 7, so it can be considered tested  ;)
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2010, 23:55:42 »
Now just we need to fix the YOU GOT DISCONNECTED problem  ::)
but smooth...err...it was a...uh...this is stable.  :P yeah  ::)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2010, 08:25:17 »
Ok, once again the binaries for linux and windoze are updated on the soft-haus.com link above.

Items changed:

- All known disconnect issues are handled more friendly now.
- Game startup discards unused messages when server / clients are launching (avoiding a crash).
- New Map editor with changes from GAE.
« Last Edit: 4 May 2010, 11:04:12 by titi »

Super Tom

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 May 2010, 11:08:14 »
This will be a surprise, I will immediately go to test, I think it would be more stable, thank you!

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2010, 09:17:39 »
Another update. We have been quiet for a while but that is because we are working like dogs to ensure the next release will be a great one. We have cross platform working very well and are looking at improving performance overall in Mega-Glest. So far I beleive we have achieved some gains, which will also help in larger multi-player games. Once we have an acceptable performance level it is very likelyu we will produce another release to get cross platform out to the general public. After that we will continue on a master server.

Regarding Chinese and other multi-byte support, we would be happy if some programmer could jump into MEga-Glest and investigate what would be the best approach (currently Titi and myself are too busy to look at it right now).

Thanks

Super Tom

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2010, 09:42:06 »
Yes, I think everything will be Softcoder and titi's efforts to complete, you are the best, and we look forward to the emergence of a strong glest, thank you!

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Well for some reason now there are more out of sync issues...  :|
We'll see...hope less issues...  ::)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
If there are problems with alpha3 they need to be posted is this forum so that we can fix them. At this point I see no reports of any problems with Alpha 3.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
If there are problems with alpha3 they need to be posted is this forum so that we can fix them. At this point I see no reports of any problems with Alpha 3.
Well we only had some out of sync problems, I think I "IRC private messaged" you about it...oh well.
I'll test again later then  ::)

treba

i tested it on two archlinux mashines at it gave memory access errors both times. the normal glest worked fine, througt. didn´t test yet, which versions of megaglest work and which not.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Yes there is an outstanding synch issue that we are looking into. Once we figure it out we'll put up an alpha4.

EDIT:

I think I most likely have discovered the synch issue! I will have my Quality Assurance squad test it out and if we confirm the fix is working we will shortly put our an alpha4. Keep your eyes peeled for updates.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2010, 09:49:46 by softcoder »

Gabbe

With masterserver maybe a tournament will be more possible..

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Ok tonight made great progress. We have discovered some long standing bugs in the AI that was causing synch issues and memory corruption in Glest. I have posted an alpha6 for those who are helping test the alpha5, please update to 6 and let us know if you discover any bugs.

A special thank you to Elimnator and Tiger, I was using their factions to test multi-player and their factions triggered the bugs which let me find the problems in the code.

( update by titi: !!! Please switch off "Server controlled AI" on the server to test this new improvement!!! The game should no longer get out of sync in crossplatform games now. )
« Last Edit: 8 June 2010, 08:52:52 by titi »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
Will get online tonight and test this out. Thanks Softcoder  :thumbup:
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: New Beta!
« Reply #19 on: 11 June 2010, 07:08:51 »
OK, thanks for the update, will download and test tommorow. too tired...  ::)
Thanks.
(beta, the update...)

cds

There is an error !When I finished the megaglest 3.3.5-beta2,if crashed again!It was  about  Deleting Cells when it crashed!

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
There is an error !When I finished the megaglest 3.3.5-beta2,if crashed again!It was  about  Deleting Cells when it crashed!
So you are saying after you finished your game/died/won, it crashed after... trying to deleting the cells, or appearing to...well I got that a long time ago so this problem isn't new...if you are saying.
I'll report it...maybe.  ::)

Little Helper

Sweet!!! Finally I can play with my friends! Nice, next we need player's profiles with records! Anyways I will post back any errors!

EDIT:
Found some errors; and yes I know its still in development but reporting errors is the whole point of releasing a beta right?...no? Well here:
???ErrorFromMasterServer???
???WrongRouterSetup???

I also d/c when creating a multiplayer game. Pro bally because the server list isn't ready yet.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2010, 03:27:47 by Little Helper »

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Sweet!!! Finally I can play with my friends! Nice, next we need player's profiles with records! Anyways I will post back any errors!

EDIT:
Found some errors; and yes I know its still in development but reporting errors is the whole point of releasing a beta right?...no? Well here:
???ErrorFromMasterServer???
???WrongRouterSetup???

I also d/c when creating a multiplayer game. Pro bally because the server list isn't ready yet.
Well, are you actually using beta1? Beta2 is out now...one reason is because of that...  ::)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Is there anything serious different in beta2 ?
We had one bigger game which was heavily out of sync after a while! First everyone using windows got an out of sync and then we saw our linux computers play a completly different game. My son saw it very exactly what happened for the linux computers

situation 2 player both not server:
- player 1 had lost and was in observer mode
- player 2 gave commands to his elephants to make an airattack bottom right.

Situation on server and client1 ( both already lost and watching in observer mode ):
The elephants got no command and were still sitting on top right of the map without moving,
while on client 2( who gave the commands ) everything works as normal and the elephants started to attack bottom down.

---------

Here is the error claymore got on his windows machine before:

the setup :

« Last Edit: 12 June 2010, 13:11:28 by titi »

anything