Author Topic: 3.3.5 beta is available! ( Masterserver/Multiplayer/Crossplatform test it! )  (Read 10489 times)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Beta7 MiniMap Flashing!
« Reply #25 on: 15 June 2010, 06:29:46 »
Hmm...I keep removing my post...on and off...but it is important.  :thumbup:
Softcoder, I know you released beta7, but now the mini map keeps flashing, whether it is a singleplayer game or a multiplayer game (coldfusionstorm and I both tested) so...please check.
Thank you.  :thumbup:

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Fixed and beta 7.1 out (with client lag checking)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Fixed and beta 7.1 out (with client lag checking)
OK, I tested two times, and no crashes, out of sync, or mini map flashing yet  :thumbup: ...
Just lag apparently, maybe delays? not sure, was testing with tomreyn...
But everything else is OK so far, and the lag and or delay can be improved...later  :thumbup:

Thanks.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Ok everyone, goto IRC and download the beta menioned at the top of this thread as it seems to be somewhat stable and ready for your enjoyment. If all goes well a release may come very soon.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2010, 20:09:50 by softcoder »

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Well so far, as you know, for the latest beta (7.7) no crashes, out of sync, etc...and actually less "lag and/or delays".  :thumbup:
but the delay warning can be annoying sometimes...
and do you actually get "disconnected" after "20 lag" or so? Went up to 160 something...
also the PauseGameForLaggedClients=true does not work....for the latest beta softcoder... titi and tom123 says so... hmm... well, anyways...have a good break softcoder. more testing later?  :|
 :)  :thumbup:

Julius

• Summoner
    • View Profile
The betas seem to work fine, but I can't test the masterserver since it seems to need a certain open firewall port. Other games work fine though, so maybe this could also be "fixed" before the new release?

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Well, you need to fix this yourself...for original Glest, it is actually the same thing...GAE too.
Quote from: softcoder
#4 - What ports are required for network play (these must be open on your firewall)?

The network game interface window displays the actual port # used by Mega-Glest. The actual Port # is specified in glest.ini and the default is:

Code: [Select]
ServerPort=61357
:thumbup:

Julius

• Summoner
    • View Profile
Well, you need to fix this yourself...for original Glest, it is actually the same thing...GAE too.
Quote from: softcoder
#4 - What ports are required for network play (these must be open on your firewall)?

The network game interface window displays the actual port # used by Mega-Glest. The actual Port # is specified in glest.ini and the default is:

Code: [Select]
ServerPort=61357
:thumbup:

Well duh, that is not what I ment. I ment that using a port in a range most other online games use would make Megaglest also work fine by default.
I guess this question will come up more often, so switching to a port most firewalls have open by default will save you a lot of questions like this on the forum.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Well...this has been the port for glest...for a long time, you want "us" to switch?
If people researched or if they saw the FAQ and/or readme, then they wouldn't ask in the first place...
There have been few to no questions about this...

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
There are no "default" open ports on users firewalls. Every game basically chooses its own port (and usually they try to NOT use ports used by others to avoid conflicts). I have not heard of any two games that purposesfully "share" a port that another game or application uses. For example if we default to port 80, every user running a web-server won't work. Now the likelyhood of two games running at the same time is next to 0, so I do see a good argument of using a common port for games, but as far as I know, no such "Default" exists.

Thanks

Julius

• Summoner
    • View Profile
Hmm ok, I do admit that I was unaware of such a default also, but I assumed there there is such a thing as without opening ports on my hardware firewall all other games work just fine, only Megaglest complains about a closed port.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Let's not mix up server and client mode here. Megaglest works fine without any open ports as long as you don't host a game. You can already join a remotely hosted Megaglest game this way. However, if you want to host a game yourself, then you will need to ensure that inbound connections on TCP port 61357 work. This will be no different for pretty much every other game: once you host a game for other Internet players, you'll need to ensure inbound connections can reach the computer you host the game on.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Julius

• Summoner
    • View Profile
Hmm you are right  :-X

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: beta 13 is available!
« Reply #38 on: 25 June 2010, 07:37:20 »
Well, hmm...I hope no more issues...  :)
beta13 is up, thanks.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Ok everyone we're planning the next major release for Mega-Glest, likely early this week. Please test beta13 and let us know of any major issues that you find. We ant this release to be fairly stable. The first post in this thread has links to Linux 32 and 64 bit archives as well as Windows 32 bit (also works on 64bit).

I have verified that the full installers work fine (even the 64 bit Linux installer works) so when we release there will be full installers for all supported platforms. Please test with Server Controlled AI enabled (especially when playing cross platform).

Thanks.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Yeah, will do.  ;)
I also hope everything will be stable... if so, sweet.  :thumbup:
Thanks.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
People, its crunch time. Beta17 is out and we want to release any time now. Please test this beta and let us know if there are any glaring issues. Come to IRC and hookup with your fellow archers and lets see if MEg-Glest is stable enough to create installers etc.

Links are in the parent post of this thread.

Thanks

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Remaining 'issues' for me:
  • the synch mismatch warning is still there before game starts in top right corner
  • you cannot switch between full screen and windowed mode (using alt+enter) during game initialization
  • when a client pings the server (presses the N key) it still says -1.00
  • When the server disconnects it still says "Error: Server disconnected. YES or NO" (buttons should be replaced by a single 'OK' button or similar)
« Last Edit: 30 June 2010, 21:47:11 by tomreyn »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Remaining issues for me:
Yeah the alt enter thing, you got that
now you press the "/" key for that tomreyn.
when a client  pings the server (presses the N key) it still says -1.00
well the "ping function" is off cause It had problems or something...
anyways for me: was the runtime error and crashing while deleting cells...

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Remaining issues for me:

We seem to be talking about different matters here. I have edited my previous post to make it more clearly.

when a client  pings the server (presses the N key) it still says -1.00
well the "ping function" is off cause It had problems or something...

I can't tell whether that's still the case but I can tell that it doesn't look nice and I think a release is supposed to look nice so I listed it.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Remaining issues for me:
Yeah, I know, we, know...talked about in @ IRC/lobby.

I can't tell whether that's still the case but I can tell that it doesn't look nice and I think a release is supposed to look nice so I listed it.
True, but I heard it was unstable.  :|

God, so much stuff popping up.
BTW, do you really disconnect every time each day? You know, you cause us to DC too...

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
BTW, do you really disconnect every time each day? You know, you cause us to DC too...

That's not my choice to make unfortunately and it's quite common for ADSL lines in Germany.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
That's not my choice to make unfortunately and it's quite common for ADSL lines in Germany.
I see, can't you make it another time though?  :|

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Yes, the recent tests ensured that. But then, the dosconnects during the game are actually good for testing, and testing the game is my highest priority. Fun comes next.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Yeah, I also mean about in the future though... :-/ .
I understand, basically same thing...(most of the time, if repeatedly crash, my mood gets...)

anything