Author Topic: Malevolent Rising - Remake  (Read 111176 times)

ChupaReaper

Re: Malevolent Rising v0.6/v1.0 -TC Project
« Reply #100 on: 1 June 2010, 14:25:49 »
Well you can download WoW for free (free trial, etc) and then extract the models, it is the account you have to pay for. This is a free project (illegal if it wasn't) and it's not like it's going to affect the WoW franchise in any way lol; so it will be ok. Same goes for DooM 3; most mods online have original content from the game.

And yes everything is nicely animated, I love 3DS Max and it's IK solvers, also with it all being saved in md5 format I can reuse some animation on different models, with some variations. So for animating, some things are quite easy to do and don't look repetitive. ;D

I've made a new tileset with a demonic theme (all red, bloody and evil) though the tiles aren't seamless enough yet, but I'll be working on that more later, after I finish the Necro units.

Gabbe

« Reply #101 on: 1 June 2010, 14:27:26 »
Privately run WoW servers have been dropping like flies in the last day or so after receiving letters from Blizzard's lawyers under the DMCA. They've been shut down so quickly and rapidly that it's being heralded as "the end of private servers" by quite a few people. The biggest and most well known servers such as Toxic WoW and Ani-WoW are more or less all gone already, and it seems that it's only a matter of time before the smaller ones go down as well. Supposedly, this letter has a pretty long list of sites and servers that are to be taken down.

Some of these sites have just called it a day, shut down their servers and will move on with their lives, but a few others are already talking about starting them back up elsewhere, 'underground.' It's the internet, and at this point, that just seems silly. Blizzard is watching, and it seems this issue has moved up a notch on their priority list. My advice? Don't tempt fate.

kinds OT...

emscape

« Reply #102 on: 1 June 2010, 15:14:42 »
I looked. very nice mod, and: glest xmls are VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND, unlike other scripts. even lua is pretty simple compared to the c++ scripts of for example glest itself...

ChupaReaper

« Reply #103 on: 2 June 2010, 02:26:40 »
Well running free WoW servers can seriously affect WoW, so I can see how that is breaking the law, etc, using a mesh for a free small none-wow related game mod is nothing compared to running an illegal free WoW server.

Glest is very easy to mod, compared to Doom 3 scripts which are basically c++ themselves, GZDoom (classic doom port with 3d models, opengl, etc) was slightly tricky to mod but Glest I've found very easy so far, hence the fast production.

ChupaReaper

« Reply #104 on: 3 June 2010, 11:26:00 »
More production! Not being able to add Paramites due to copyright of Oddworld Inhabitants (a bit stupid really saying as they abandoned the great series), I have created a substitute called the Darkling. There are three variations just like the Epions, in order of becoming available: Darkling, Blood Darkling and Spectral Darkling. Also I've started the Demonic tileset, getting sick of the grass and normal trees I decided to vary my testing!
Code: [Select]
[img]http://darkspectral.totalh.com/Images/Games/MRise/MRiseNecribus09.png[/img]
[url=http://darkspectral.totalh.com/Images/Games/MRise/MRiseNecribus09.png]http://darkspectral.totalh.com/Images/Games/MRise/MRiseNecribus09.png[/url]
( update by titi,because the image didn't showed up.Its a plain image and a link now )
So that's v0.6.4 now, come v0.6.5 I aim to complete four new units known as The Liche: Vessil (newly added to plans based on the Doom 3 morgue/tentacle arm zombie), Hunter (inspired by the mutated zombie mutant from Resident Evil 1 the movie), Collector (based on first boos of Return to Castle Wolfenstein), Wreekendier (own creation). After that v0.6.6 with The Reapers (four more units) which will then lead to v0.7.x (Demons!).
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 13:29:32 by filux »

Gabbe

« Reply #105 on: 3 June 2010, 13:21:05 »
... it is "technical problems"...

ChupaReaper

« Reply #106 on: 3 June 2010, 21:52:03 »
Ok I've updated my ImageShack account with all the latest screens, here's the one that wouldn't show before:
(click to show/hide)

Edit (instead of spamming new posts):
I added a new Tactics section to each faction page on my website, this is to explain the basics of each faction and so I can keep check on what unit does what and also it is good for balancing things. The Tactics section will be updated as new updates are made.
Also just had a nice match against my little brother with walls and everything, the AI didn't last too long as they only build a Lycaden so once their starting range units were killed the Epions (flying bat things) could attack their melee and the melee were defenceless. I beat my brother by taking one of the AIs land and building a Hamlet which quickly grew into a second 'base' meaning he was basically against two of me lmao! Anyway the tactics are working quite effectively which is what this little post mod is about.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 13:30:39 by filux »

wyvern

« Reply #107 on: 4 June 2010, 14:02:31 »
Whoa :o :o :o!!!!

Gabbe

« Reply #108 on: 4 June 2010, 14:05:21 »

wyvern

« Reply #109 on: 4 June 2010, 14:06:44 »

Gabbe

« Reply #110 on: 4 June 2010, 14:07:32 »
aprently noone can :P

ChupaReaper

« Reply #111 on: 5 June 2010, 18:25:20 »
Whoa :o :o :o!!!!

what?
The screenshot I can't wait till the release.

Thanks! Will be a bit of a while yet but not too long really not as long as I thought it would be! Haven't done any development to it in the last two days due to outside stuff lol but will be back working on The Liche and The Reapers tomorrow! They'll take a few days then a week or two for the demonic side of this faction, polish it off and release, that's when I can start on the icy light faction next, all ambitious but working so far!

ChupaReaper

« Reply #112 on: 10 June 2010, 13:08:03 »
Another update! It's been a few days since I've done much to this project as I've been quite busy, things should go back to normal now though.
So The Liche are all complete now adding 4 new units to the Werewolves' side of the Necribus faction. All that's left are The Reapers, with these complete I move onto the Satyrs' side and begin working on the many demons...
The screenshot should work as it's from imageshack:
(click to show/hide)

I think I'm going to stick with 21 magic units per each half of this faction, so far I've done 17/21 necro units and 0/21 demonic ones. It takes around 1 day for a group of units (for example there are four zombies, four liche, three kinds of darklings, only one shade, etc) so around a few weeks time and my project should be ready for its first release.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 13:31:05 by filux »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 10 June 2010, 21:05:21 »
Scary.

wyvern

« Reply #114 on: 10 June 2010, 21:06:08 »
looks fat and ugly

ChupaReaper

« Reply #115 on: 10 June 2010, 21:12:14 »
looks fat and ugly
Don't say that, they're beautiful inside...!

wyvern

« Reply #116 on: 10 June 2010, 21:14:15 »
looks fat and ugly
Don't say that, they're beautiful inside...!
Sorry I didn't mean to insult anyone :'( :'( :scared:, NOT!!! :P :P :P, seriously though why are they so fat

ChupaReaper

« Reply #117 on: 11 June 2010, 00:34:50 »
Well the smaller one is called a collector... All four are part of an undead species called the liche, these are ex-zombies which have mutated gaining inteligence and more strength, zombies are rotting creatures that dwell in the spectral realm (the layer of shadows beneath the material realm), so rather than zombies being undead humans they are just formed like that when lost souls get stuck in the spectral realm for too long.
The Liche aren't evil but go against the order of the spectral realm thus are natural enemies of the reapers but with the liche alliance upgrade you can sway them to fight for you rather than having to enslave them. Collectors devour souls and zombies and thus gain a bit of weight! Wreekendier are fully matured collectors which have grown some spikes.
Vessils are the first stage of a liche (left of the screenshot) these have developed one arm into a tentacle which can absorb zombies, eventually their upper body grows becoming stronger than the slower body and out of proportion becoming a hunter, less intelligence at this stage but more strength, the tentacle is lost in exchange for an expandable neck, hunters devour through their jaws rebuilding themselves into collectors.
There ya go, one of many life cycles!

wyvern

« Reply #118 on: 11 June 2010, 01:04:32 »
Well the smaller one is called a collector... All four are part of an undead species called the liche, these are ex-zombies which have mutated gaining inteligence and more strength, zombies are rotting creatures that dwell in the spectral realm (the layer of shadows beneath the material realm), so rather than zombies being undead humans they are just formed like that when lost souls get stuck in the spectral realm for too long.
The Liche aren't evil but go against the order of the spectral realm thus are natural enemies of the reapers but with the liche alliance upgrade you can sway them to fight for you rather than having to enslave them. Collectors devour souls and zombies and thus gain a bit of weight! Wreekendier are fully matured collectors which have grown some spikes.
Vessils are the first stage of a liche (left of the screenshot) these have developed one arm into a tentacle which can absorb zombies, eventually their upper body grows becoming stronger than the slower body and out of proportion becoming a hunter, less intelligence at this stage but more strength, the tentacle is lost in exchange for an expandable neck, hunters devour through their jaws rebuilding themselves into collectors.
There ya go, one of many life cycles!
*Bleahh*, we need a vomit smiley face
just kidding but I still think its fat
« Last Edit: 11 June 2010, 16:46:51 by wyvern »

ChupaReaper

« Reply #119 on: 11 June 2010, 18:29:03 »
Try and use... big boned lol!

New update! Finally moved from v0.6.x to v0.7.x meaning I've finished the Necro Units and I'm going to be going demonic on stuff now!

Here's a screenshot of the final Necro Units, The Reapers:
(click to show/hide)
Reapers include: Phantom, Ghoul, Reaver and Corpseress. The Phantoms and Reavers are known as male reapers and are black and green doing melee. Ghouls and Corpseress are known as female reapers being light purple and dark purple with ranged abilities. Phantoms and Ghouls are unlocked first with the Depths of Shadows subfaction upgrade, these have a fair speed and a lot of power, they also cost a lot to produce, they both do light damage so are good against light units. Reavers and Corpseress are known as greater reapers and are unlocked with the Shadows Bane upgrade, dealing a bit more heavy damage and thus are good against heavy units, these are also a lot faster and can fly, they cost a lot and take up extra population.
They don't look perfect in my eyes but they do the job nicely and their sound effects work.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 13:31:28 by filux »

wyvern

« Reply #120 on: 11 June 2010, 18:31:02 »
Try and use... big boned lol!

New update! Finally moved from v0.6.x to v0.7.x meaning I've finished the Necro Units and I'm going to be going demonic on stuff now!

Here's a screenshot of the final Necro Units, The Reapers:
(click to show/hide)
Reapers include: Phantom, Ghoul, Reaver and Corpseress. The Phantoms and Reavers are known as male reapers and are black and green doing melee. Ghouls and Corpseress are known as female reapers being light purple and dark purple with ranged abilities. Phantoms and Ghouls are unlocked first with the Depths of Shadows subfaction upgrade, these have a fair speed and a lot of power, they also cost a lot to produce, they both do light damage so are good against light units. Reavers and Corpseress are known as greater reapers and are unlocked with the Shadows Bane upgrade, dealing a bit more heavy damage and thus are good against heavy units, these are also a lot faster and can fly, they cost a lot and take up extra population.
They don't look perfect in my eyes but they do the job nicely and their sound effects work.
Looks great but I still think you should make more living units.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 13:31:52 by filux »

ChupaReaper

Re: Malevolent Rising v0.7/v1.0 -TC Project
« Reply #121 on: 11 June 2010, 18:41:08 »
Moving on to demons now, so they're alive, also got all those spectral creature dudes I made a while back.
Things will get light and icy when I move onto the second faction, rather than dark, undead and demonic.
Werewolves and Satyrs will be the main units to have which use weapons, etc, I could have made more than two variations of both of these but I only really need two (light and heavy with average health and defence, etc), rather than having weak werewolf spear-men a bunch of zombies take place.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2010, 18:44:00 by ChupaReaper »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #122 on: 11 June 2010, 19:17:07 »
Looks cool...although some of the models are from..."commercial games"...still  :thumbup: ...
Cool, I can access your site on a different network, but not on my home network...  :|
Maybe not so cool then...I'll try again.
I probably some how accidentally blocked your site...  :|

ChupaReaper

« Reply #123 on: 11 June 2010, 23:49:41 »
That's a bit odd, try other networks if you get the chance could be your home network or your ISP or some other random thing.
Though some of the models are from commercial game, just about all of these models have been reanimated by me so far and almost every model has been re-textured. It is nicer when the models are new but it's a lot of work and the models I'm using now do the job, in the future I may develop my modelling skills and slowly replace commercial models. It's all fine since it is all free anyway. I've made a rule where I will use World of Warcraft and other big games like it as a last resort though the Doom demons are deliberate except I'm going to change all the mechanical parts into bone and bloody parts.

Anyways, I've completed all the demon/satyr upgrades now making it all ready for the demons, I've also tweaked a few things, the health regen of everything has be capped a lot as it was scaled too high (5 = normal, 10 strong, 15 = very strong, 20 = super), now (3 = normal, 5 = strong, 6/7 = very strong, 10 = super), workers can now actually kill fighter units if there's enough of them (three darklings would plow through over 15 workers, now around 10 workers can take down three darklings).

The AI is very unbalanced at the minute, they'll create werewolf units as quick as they can and attack, if you get a decent defence ready you can take them down easy enough, then once you get a good strong defence the AI is stuck doing the same crap, though they actually build spectral gates now too somehow but they don't build any pillars from them thus no fun magic unit AIs, they don't build babels so they don't produce ranged units so once their starting ranged units are killed they can be defeated flawlessly using around 10 epions to eat away their buildings from the sky. Still are are kinda fun at first to play against but really this project is more multiplayer only when it comes to having a decent game, I haven't made a scenario yet so that may change things having LUA scripting to play about with, if it works how I imagine it then at least singleplayer 'story mode' will be fun.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #124 on: 12 June 2010, 22:08:54 »
Hmm, somehow...  :(
I tried everything almost, checked everything basically, windows firewall, 3rd party firewall, anti virus, router, etc...
Through a proxy it is fine...  ::)
Good luck on everything else...I just want to fix this "problem"...  ::)

anything