Author Topic: Malevolent Rising - Remake  (Read 111117 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Malevolent Rising v1.6
« Reply #350 on: 29 October 2010, 21:51:50 »
Wow, looks very nice! I think they both look excellent.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ChupaReaper

« Reply #351 on: 29 October 2010, 22:47:16 »
Thanks, good to know that they both look good and that the Necribus one looks evil (it should)!

ChupaReaper

« Reply #352 on: 24 November 2010, 22:26:16 »
A little update showing off use of the 0.3.2 snapshop release language features:
(click to show/hide)

More updates to come soon as I'm continuing work on the Hyperion.

titi_son

• Draco Rider
  • titi_son
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 22 January 2011, 06:27:37 »
eh i have a problem  :scared:

if i press on the download of the patch i get ERROR_CONTENT_QUICKKEY_INVALID
My first Tilseset: SPRING :) (included in Megaglest )

Secret Hint: To play online join the IRC #megaglest-lobby on freenode which is the lobby chat ingame. So you can chat with or wait for people in the lobby without running megaglest all the time.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #354 on: 22 January 2011, 06:29:20 »
Yeah...something must have happened...so it needs to be re-uploaded.  :-X

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #355 on: 22 January 2011, 06:30:28 »
It's a broken file, me thinks. Abet, notice that before your post, the last post in this topic was November.

Zoythrus

« Reply #356 on: 25 January 2011, 07:45:23 »
hey Chupa, do you have a plain old zip file with your mod? i would like to bypass downloading the full thing (space and all that....)

ChupaReaper

« Reply #357 on: 31 January 2011, 18:56:23 »
Sorry I haven't been online here for a while, back to uni now so I've been busy. I've checked both files and they seem to be downlaoding fine for me. RAR format is better than zip and 7zip due to the smaller size.
The patch (v1.6.01) is having an odd problem but it shouldn't be necessary, if you have problems without the patch, I'll re-upload it.
Be sure to download version 1.6 from the releases page here: http://darkspectral.zxq.net/Games/MRiseReleases.html#Downloads
There are two plain RAR files download and extract the Core Files first then download and merge the Necribus Faction Pack, see the releases page I linked for info on how to do all that.

I'm going to be modelling a bit for uni work so we may see a new and improved Werewolf model at some point. I'll see if I can get back to work on v2.0 then I'll upload that after some big tests, bringing a hopefully bug free Necribus faction and the Hyperion.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2011, 19:14:14 by ChupaReaper »

Gabbe

« Reply #358 on: 1 February 2011, 14:00:48 »
WHat about creating a torrent file?

ChupaReaper

« Reply #359 on: 1 February 2011, 17:09:58 »
What about creating a torrent file?
I tried that with another project of mine, I had lots of problems and my internet was very laggy with the constant uploads. Does Firefox not let people pause and resume downloads overtime?

Gabbe

« Reply #360 on: 1 February 2011, 17:15:36 »
certain sites does somehow quit the transmission fif it is done..

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #361 on: 2 February 2011, 05:32:36 »
Glad to see this isn't dead   ;D especially because I could get it to work last release and hope I can try out your future ones  :-*

ChupaReaper

« Reply #362 on: 2 February 2011, 22:37:12 »
Hmm well I'm working on 2.0 which has new Core Files and two faction packs, more to download and the file sizes the same but I can't keep utorrent running, not only will I suffer lag but everyone else at home will too. I will however upload the core files, then the faction packs then the faction packs again but split into 3 rar archives so you'll only need to download them a third at a time if that helps. My mod will be playable with at least the Core Files and one Faction Pack.

And @Psychedelic_hands, glad to here you've got it working, don't worry this project is far from dead, just been on a small break, the Hyperion's light and icy theme got tiring, not really my sort of faction but so long as others like them, I'll make sure I get them finished, especially now that I'm going to be doing a lot of modellings for University (also working on the Oblivion engine which is quite interesting).

Anyway, no new screenshots or updates just yet, I'm working on getting some new Werewolves as the current ones look a bit odd, more like dark skinned aliens rather than big furry guys.

Also, here's the faction symbol for the third future faction, the Gians:
« Last Edit: 2 February 2011, 23:06:10 by ChupaReaper »

Gabbe

« Reply #363 on: 3 February 2011, 00:07:36 »
I could put it on a bay you know? then all you have to seed is one person that seeds that got it then it spreads with more seeds.

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #364 on: 3 February 2011, 06:02:15 »
Why don't you just release a version of it so it works in GAE's add-on folder? in the future there will be a ingame menu where you can mount different add-ons.
I know the files will still be huge :P But it would help a bit.

ChupaReaper

« Reply #365 on: 3 February 2011, 09:47:13 »
I think the v1.6 release would work in the addons folder already only it's in rar format. I could release a (non-solid?) 7zip for v2.0 which would be the core files and the faction packs making three 7zips to download into the addons folder and it should work, but rar offers a smaller size than 7zip, not a huge difference though. Only problem is if I split both faction packs into three parts, it would have to be in rar format and would also have to be reassembled before they could be loaded through the addons folder.

I want this mod to be more of a total conversion and essential its own game powered by the GAE engine rather than an addon, so the core files may come with GAE all set up and ready for faction packs, I might even see if I can get a simple installer working.

Also MRise changes the in game menu, so wuld that work if it is chosen as an addon in game?

And can try bay (not sure what it is though :D).

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #366 on: 4 February 2011, 03:52:51 »
Except you're missing the good features of the addons folder. You see, you don't have to split the factions into split RARs (also worth noting though, that 7zip can do that, and usually offers smaller filesize too). You can have the core elements and every individual faction in a separate 7z, as things in the addons folder are combined as though they were extracted right there as they are. And it still can give a feel of a unique game, as you can still modify all the files as an addon, it's just easier to make a modification or patch that way, as well as it's far easier to install, can be installed inside an existing GAE installation (insures that you are never using an outdated GAE version too), along with other useful reasons.

Even Military will move to addons in the next release.

Total conversions work well with addons, even with new menu models, etc;

Concerning torrents, I wouldn't recommend it. You need a large base for torrents, and they are very very difficult to get started, and overally, more hassle than they're worth. Just stick with the traditional download methods.

ChupaReaper

« Reply #367 on: 4 February 2011, 10:27:26 »
Ok, I'll upload my mod in 7zip format and will make sure that it's compatible with the addons folder, sounds much easier than the messy extract here and there method, thanks for the info and yeah I don't really fancy trying to start up a torrent, tried that before and failed miserably.

firas724

« Reply #368 on: 8 February 2011, 14:48:53 »
Can any 1 plz make a megaglest version of this please?
I like to play megaglest more,besides I have about 20 factions their and I want to add this AMAZING FACTION(WELL DONE MAN!)

ChupaReaper

« Reply #369 on: 8 February 2011, 14:53:12 »
I like to play megaglest more,besides I have about 20 factions their and I want to add this AMAZING FACTION(WELL DONE MAN!)

Someone could convert it but, it uses a lot of GAE only features so the factions would look the same but would be missing a lot of their main features, like how I've added stealth to some units now, these units were once not too useful until GAE added stealth. Also walls would have to be built one block at a time and the subfactions wouldn't work... Basically there would be a lot of missing abilities but it could otherwise be converted. I won't be converting this as I'd rather keep working with GAE, once multiplayer becomes stable with GAE and it gets some more network features, it will eventually overtake MegaGlest in almost all aspects, then again I don't use MegaGlest so I could be wrong.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #370 on: 8 February 2011, 18:55:24 »
Or you can just download GAE. Converting GAE to MG is very tricky (though the reverse is easier, as there's more support for MG features in GAE).

Zoythrus

« Reply #371 on: 8 February 2011, 20:04:00 »
Or you can just download GAE. Converting GAE to MG is very tricky (though the reverse is easier, as there's more support for MG features in GAE).

agreed.

GAE does far more than MG does. so, firas, drop MG, and come to the GAE crowd.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #372 on: 8 February 2011, 22:49:41 »
It would be very hard. I suppose you could just sacrifice multiplayer for quality, for now.
Just imagine the bots are people.  :angel: The only real difference that can be really noticeable is that they don't respond back when you chat to them...

ChupaReaper

« Reply #373 on: 8 February 2011, 23:24:11 »
Well I'm currently going through the Necribus Faction and I'm adding a normal and specular map to everything! Will do the same for the Hyperion, once it's all up I'll post some hopefully very sexy screenshots! Also making displacement and occlusion maps in case they're added in the future.

firas724

« Reply #374 on: 9 February 2011, 05:48:47 »
k, i will try to get used to GAE(cant wait for more factions!)

anything