Author Topic: Glest Blog created  (Read 5127 times)

martiño

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
Glest Blog created
« on: 9 May 2010, 16:37:54 »
Hello,

Zanni has just created the new Glest blog, we've invited all the moderators in the forum to be writters in it.

The cool thing about it is that it is automatically linked to the main glest RSS feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/Glest), so people can follow updates of the game using any standard news reader.

The main page (glest.org) now also displays the most recend blog headlines.

This is an attemp to give the comunity more power over glest and an easier way of keeping people updated.

Regards.

Martiño.

@kukac@

Re: Glest Blog created
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2010, 17:11:44 »
It would be nice, if someone could follow everything that goes on the forum :P A man like me, doesn't have enough time to constantly read everything, and get the most important informations. :P

Ahh, it would be nice to finish the exams...

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2010, 18:14:10 »
All moderators can copy&paste any information/announce/update from the forum to the blog :)
::. RetroInvaders .::::. My web .::

jda

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2010, 21:10:39 »
It would be nice, if someone could follow everything that goes on the forum :P A man like me, doesn't have enough time to constantly read everything, and get the most important informations. :P

Ahh, it would be nice to finish the exams...
You mean like hailstone's Glest Community Development Monthly Issue?
It's only monthly but I think it's g*dd*mn good!  :thumbup:

Maybe some mod could copy-paste it to the blog every month? ;)

Thanks, martiño and josepzin! 8)

@kukac@

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2010, 06:30:36 »
Just simply copy-pasting wouldn't be so good, since
1. Hailstone has the copyrights :P
2. The thematics of the blog and the forum is a bit different. When you post on the blog, you shouldn't make the dates that exact, plus, you have to explain things a little more, since the ones who read the blog, won't necessarily read the forum.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2010, 20:21:39 »
I don't think hailstone will mind.. and where is the blog?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2010, 20:58:17 »
Also I noticed that the main page of glest.org has a bad download link! Who can fix this? Also could we perhaps change the download section to include GAE and Mega-Glest so that users can see there are new forks with active changes? We could simple have a download page showing Vanilla Glest, GAE and Mega-Glest pointing the their respect URL's on sourceforge.net.

Thanks.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2010, 22:44:02 »
Cool, something new.  :) Well, sorta, I guess. Thanks.  :thumbup:
Maybe we should have a thread to tell mods what to put on the blog...If not, at least update it, it does not really have any new information  ::) no offense...like new megaglest, new GAE, new factions or mods...then again I guess it was just started...  :|

Yeah, maybe something like Hailstone's GCDMI...  ::)

Also I noticed that the main page of glest.org has a bad download link! Who can fix this? Also could we perhaps change the download section to include GAE and Mega-Glest so that users can see there are new forks with active changes? We could simple have a download page showing Vanilla Glest, GAE and Mega-Glest pointing the their respect URL's on sourceforge.net.
Thanks.
Yeah it points to http://glest.orgdownloads.php/ instead of http://glest.org/en/downloads.php ...  :(
Yeah, that would be useful.

Also, I see now you have put a link to the Glest Shop...Maybe you have before, but I did not notice that  :|
Anyways, could you have two different "links"...One that points to where people from the US could suppourt glest too...not only  ::) I mean right now it is only the http://422107.spreadshirt.es/ shop is there, not the one for US.... http://250344.spreadshirt.com/ ...hmm...what about people from Canada?  :|  ::)

Anyways, thanks.  :)  :thumbup:

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2010, 10:29:16 »
I don't think hailstone will mind.. and where is the blog?

The blog: http://glestblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/mediterran-tileset.html

It is link between "the outdoor people" and the game news in the forum

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2010, 10:32:07 »
Also I noticed that the main page of glest.org has a bad download link! Who can fix this?

Uoopss!! Thanks...!

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2010, 10:41:01 »
I think, the "Glest Community Development Monthly" can be posted in the blog.

@hailstone: you have Author permision in the blog, you can publish the news in the blog.

My idea is to use the blog like a "external public place" and more visible, because the forum is less visible  (I love my "english" :D :D)
« Last Edit: 11 May 2010, 14:39:01 by josepzin »

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2010, 10:53:29 »
then again I guess it was just started...  :|
Yes, it is!

Yeah, maybe something like Hailstone's GCDMI...  ::)
And yes again :)

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2010, 21:36:31 »
Cool, but not much stuff is there...
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest Map Compendium
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2010, 07:59:57 »
The blog lists three new maps from February 2010 but wicow has yet to provide a download link for any of those map files. wcoiws Swamp tileset download links have been broken for months - I even PM'd him about it and posted in his tileset thread but the link remains dead.

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2010, 08:07:39 »
I will re-upload and add all of those links later today  ;D
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2010, 23:06:30 »
Looks cool  :thumbup:
http://glestblog.blogspot.com/
So far so good I guess  :thumbup:

jda

« Reply #16 on: 15 May 2010, 00:10:32 »
The Dwarf faction had the honour to be the first on the "Faction" category. Cool! :D

Oh, and the download link is working too. ;D

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 15 May 2010, 07:51:39 »
hmm...you are lucky  ::)
then again there isn't really any factions out there that had an update like the dwarves...  ::)
EDIT: OT: release an update...  ::)  :O
Yeah the blog is nice.
it is 3rd when you google megaglest...  ::)

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #18 on: 15 May 2010, 08:34:32 »
My english is very limited... :S

The moderators have Author permissions in the blog, to post any new, update or something interesting about the game.

Or you can notify (to me or moderators) about news in the forum to publish in the blog

jda

« Reply #19 on: 15 May 2010, 12:58:08 »
Thanks josepzin. Hailstone's last Glest Community Development Issue (29) has been released a few days ago already but the one before it (28) is still stickied instead (please see Mods section).

But as hailstone never (to my knowledge) said whether it's alright to post his GCDI's to the blog (and he himself has been given rights to publish on the blog), I think:

1. Some moderator should update the GCDI stickiness in Mods section (unsticky GCDI 28 and sticky GCDI 29). But this is not directly related to the blog... I am just mentioning this because the GCDI seems to have gone more or less unnoticed by the forum's moderators and most everyone else.

2. Hailstone himself may have missed this thread and possibly also the email (?) I assume someone sent him to inform him of his priviledges on the blog. Maybe contact him to see this topic?  :look: I'll PM him myself! ;) ;D

On your English being very limited (sorry folks, the next paragraph is going in Spanish):
Soy portugues y comprendo bien el español y hablo menos mal, pienso yo. Puedo traducir algo que necessite usted, desde el español al ingles o vice-versa.
A este proposito, el foro mandrivausers.org tiene un topico onde personas que hablan bien ingles asi como una o mas otras lenguas pueden oferecer-se para traducir lo que otros usuarios menos aptos con el ingles quieran... Trabajo voluntario. Los que no hablan bien el ingles pueden ir a ese topico y pedir ayuda por PM a los que se han oferecido. Quiça começar algo similar en la section Translations de este foro?
(Only) the last paragraph in English: The mandrivausers.org forum has a topic where people who speak English as well as one or more other languages can offer themselves to translate what other less English speaking users may ask them. It's voluntary work. Thos who don't speak English well may go to that topic and PM whoever volunteered for help. Maybe start such a thread in the Translations section of this forum?

[OT]
hmm...you are lucky  ::)
then again there isn't really any factions out there that had an update like the dwarves...  ::)
EDIT: OT: release an update...  ::)  :O
Well, tha last release of the Dwarves was on March already. ;D
If Archmage, ElimiNator and wyvern finish what they signed up to do in one or two weeks I can probably release an update in two or three. ;)
[/OT] ;D

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2010, 01:48:20 »
Sorry, I can be really slow to respond, especially when I'm distracted with my uni work.

The blog is good but I'm not sure that it's the best for GCD. A smaller width would push the links to the next line. I wouldn't be maintaining 2 copies so people would need to know about the blog to find the information. I figure since it's about the forums it should be on the forums but I'll post the next one to the blog and see how it goes.

PS: I'm fine with anyone copying the post to wherever they want.
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2010, 03:02:47 »
Why not find a willing volunteer who's happy with reformating hailstone's post. If you use a list, it should format over multiple lines perfectly fine.

It doesn't even have to be a mod, it can just be any trusted member of the community who can be promoted for such a reason. Really up to you Jose.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

josepzin

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
    • José Zanni blog
« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2010, 10:18:42 »
The Glest blog is for everyone, if anyone wants to post something just request!

anything