Yes saber man
7 (35%)
No saber man
8 (40%)
No melee unit!
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 15 January 2017, 13:05:15

Author Topic: New British faction  (Read 35901 times)

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
New British faction
« on: 17 May 2010, 20:52:56 »
British Faction

A British faction base on the Revolutionary War.

Download here:

http://www.soft-haus.com/jacob/blog/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=39

Here is a screen shot:

And here is the tech tree:

« Last Edit: 24 September 2010, 16:03:36 by ElimiNator »
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Gabbe

Re: New British tech.
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2010, 20:59:06 »
Make tea a vital resource  :O

Somewhat true tho, cause the british did need very much tea, it wa stheir lifestyle and i belive it still is.

You and your bros are so fast modelin, why don`t you make new models?

jda

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2010, 22:12:17 »
I am thinking of making a British tech. Dose any one know who made colony? Dose he mind if his textures and models are used, and is he still making it? Also any ideas for stuff to put in this tech?
Do you mean like the Invaders mod that had like two factions, something like Colony and uhm, Indians or such?... If that's the one, when I got to see it, it was only the colony... But I remember it was Mark's. Modman had uploaded it then.

Somewhat true tho, cause the british did need very much tea, it wa stheir lifestyle and i belive it still is.
As of late 1997, when I lived in England for three months, beer was their lifestyle. And fish and chips. The beer was good.  :thumbup:

Gabbe

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2010, 22:22:30 »
As of late 1997, when I lived in England for three months, beer was their lifestyle. And fish and chips. The beer was good.  Thumb Up

Omg how old r you guys... :D

but seeriously, english drinks tea like cr<zy

jda

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2010, 22:28:01 »
Not the English blocks I met! :P

(I'm 34)

ChupaReaper

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2010, 22:45:43 »
I'm English, went through a tea phase but it was more the sugar in it I liked lmao, coffee is kinda taking over now especially with students. Beer is nice i don't like lager much and some people like their 'real ales', I prefer Whiskey/Whisky myself though! (Scottish Whisky has no e in its spelling). You can get whisky tea too! ;D
Also for me pizza > fish n chips, kebabs, Chinese are all the thing to junk on too.
Anyways for a good idea of a British faction you should have a look at the old Stronghold game by Firefly Studios and its better graphics but not as good sequel Stronghold 2.

Gabbe

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2010, 22:50:34 »
its during the colonial times, tea were english favourite! perhaps nto nowadays but...

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2010, 23:04:32 »
Um....OK.  :|
I am thinking of making a British tech. Dose any one know who made colony? Dose he mind if his textures and models are used, and is he still making it? Also any ideas for stuff to put in this tech?
Do you mean like the Invaders mod that had like two factions, something like Colony and uhm, Indians or such?... If that's the one, when I got to see it, it was only the colony... But I remember it was Mark's. Modman had uploaded it then.
Too bad the faction or MOD itself, doesn't really "work"...there were some problems as I remember...  :(
Kinda like the Demonionic Mod...  :(
http://www.moddb.com/mods/demonionic
So is it going to be like this Elim?   :| ...

wyvern

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2010, 00:57:23 »
They had a great navy and were very well organized and trained allowing them to master various formations, sadly, Glest does not offer formations or navies :(

Fluffy203

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2010, 01:11:55 »
Yea i love this formation     .   -->  .  Stand in front of the bullets  :thumbup: , viva la america , well we already won , but still  ;D
                                      .  --> .
                                     .  <--   .

wyvern

« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2010, 01:18:03 »
What formation are you speaking of?(the pic is somewhat vague :O :O) At any rate the formations and navy made britain the greatest empire at one point to see formations look at movies like Waterloo, made in 1969-1970, don't get discouraged by the age though it's a great movie :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fluffy203

« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2010, 01:20:56 »
I love old movies  :thumbup:. I was talking about the infantry formations , stand right in front of each other and shoot , but navy is totally different , i would love to have a ship broadside another one it would be epic  8)

wyvern

« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2010, 01:26:10 »
Exactly, I'd love it, you could also have fire ships, rocket ships, and frigates, privateers, the list goes on

Fluffy203

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2010, 01:41:40 »
You missed the main one , a flagship  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2010, 01:44:56 »
Ah yes the man-o-war, how could I forget

Fluffy203

« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2010, 01:54:58 »
I don't know , but you can't have a fleet with out it , that would just be crazy  :o

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2010, 04:54:07 »
You and your bros are so fast modelin, why don`t you make new models?
I just wanted to use his cannon, and house textures (I am not so good at making them  :look:) so dose any one know if he would care? He would be credited. any ideas then?

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2010, 09:01:18 »
If you want, I make textures ( or my son ).
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2010, 21:07:58 »
Ok, thanks if I need help Ill ask, so what other high/good units can I make other then cannon and horse man? Any ideas?

wyvern

« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2010, 01:02:45 »
Infantry man, highlander, divide the cavalry into separate groups (light lancer etc). a ferguson rifleman, a puckle gun which though never used would be a very cool addition, i've got plenty other ideas so just ask for any more.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2010, 04:43:18 »
Yah, I want lots of ideas! Post em all!  :)

And whats a highlander?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2010, 05:26:38 »
And whats a highlander?

Last I knew, a highlander was more of an Irish-folk who kinda wandered around and did stuff, generally they could fight well I guess..........
(Don't watch the movie Highlander, it's an extremely demented movie, that is definitely not what a highlander is. :P)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=highlander+definition -- I guess I wasn't too far off  ;D
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

wyvern

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2010, 14:33:04 »
In the british army however they were trained elite soldiers for mountain combat, you could have a grenadier, a medic, a rocket battery, observation balloon. A fort, a lookout tower, a captain, armed with a sword and able to get troop upgrades, a marine with cutlass and pistol. Do you want more, cuz I still have ideas ;D ;D ;D

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2010, 15:41:26 »
Arent grenadiers and a rocket battery a bit high tech? And did the british use observation balloons?

Do you want more, cuz I still have ideas ;D ;D ;D
Yah, I want lots of ideas! Post em all!  :)

Gabbe

« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2010, 15:52:17 »

Some stuff for CoA if your tech is set AoE3 tiem right?