Poll

What do you think the limit amount of dragons should be? ( Please read the forum a little before posting )

Just one
More than one ( Post how many )
No limit

Author Topic: Dragon faction!  (Read 37974 times)

hairy cat

Re: Dragon faction!
« Reply #150 on: 14 June 2010, 18:18:06 »
hmmm lets make it seven. Thats the number of members that posted here.

wyvern

« Reply #151 on: 14 June 2010, 18:19:11 »
hmmm lets make it seven. Thats the number of members that posted here.
sounds fair, yeym I almost have 800 posts :o :o :O :O ;D ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #152 on: 14 June 2010, 19:03:34 »
Hairy, if your for humans, then we go humans, end diguission :)

hairy cat

« Reply #153 on: 14 June 2010, 19:34:54 »
Hypercube please post a pic of ur dragon.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 14 June 2010, 19:54:55 »
Here's what I have so far:

The idea here is that you start out with a Hatchling (baby dragon), a Village (main building), a Protector (human soldier), and a few Vassals (human workers).  You only get one true dragon, and it gets stronger as you go.  The humans are its minions, slaves, worshipers, or whatever, and they protect and serve the dragon, while the dragon serves as a guardian and idol to the human village.  Once you've built a War Camp, you can build more Protectors and you can upgrade your Hatchling to a Juvenile (young dragon).  Once you've got a Juvenile, you can build Half-Dragons (image here) at your War Camp.  Since every dragon needs a big pile of gold, you need to build a Treasure Trove (stores resources and researches upgrades) in order to morph to an Adult Dragon, and it also allows your Vassals to build a Drakes' Den.  At the Drakes' Den, you train three kinds of drakes (lesser dragons), including the Fire Drake (ground unit, breathes fire), the Sea Drake (amphibious, shoots ice?), and the Sky Drake (flies, shoots lightning?).  Once you morph your dragon into an adult, you can build your Volcano, which allows you to morph your Fire Drakes into Lava Drakes, and your Adult Dragon into a Great Wyrm.

hairy cat

« Reply #155 on: 14 June 2010, 20:24:10 »
 :o :o :o :o :o W...Woooow...Thats a huge package of new ideas.... And those half dragons seem REALLY cool... Thank you very much, i will do some changes  :D

Gabbe

« Reply #156 on: 14 June 2010, 20:40:40 »
What should happen if you loose your dragon? Half dragons look really nice, It should be very fast, agile. I don`t really like the idea about flying drakes, i know that some could/can/would do but it doesn`t feel right. The protector should probably be able to morph one more upgrade further, building a volcano? Lol ;) This fits a fast-paced skirmish game  :thumbup: Should the vassal be able to contruct a volcano before the treasure trove?

Hairy sorry, i completely forgot about the pic, sad is, i forgot to save, i only have the early basic mesh, and that is not good..You got to bear with me finishing and save it.

And i forgot to ask, what style of dragons would it be? [Germanic, Celtic, Portoguese, Basque, Roman, Slavic, Iberian, Asturian, Catalan, Aragonese]
I prefer Germanic.

hairy cat

« Reply #157 on: 14 June 2010, 21:13:03 »
What should happen if you loose your dragon? Half dragons look really nice, It should be very fast, agile. I don`t really like the idea about flying drakes, i know that some could/can/would do but it doesn`t feel right. The protector should probably be able to morph one more upgrade further, building a volcano? Lol ;) This fits a fast-paced skirmish game  :thumbup: Should the vassal be able to contruct a volcano before the treasure trove?

Hairy sorry, i completely forgot about the pic, sad is, i forgot to save, i only have the early basic mesh, and that is not good..You got to bear with me finishing and save it.

And i forgot to ask, what style of dragons would it be? [Germanic, Celtic, Portoguese, Basque, Roman, Slavic, Iberian, Asturian, Catalan, Aragonese]
I prefer Germanic.

Yeah yeah its alright.
I neither don't like the flying drake idea, and the amphibian can only be created in GAE, and i plan to release this for MG, sorry.
What type of attack should the lava drake have?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 14 June 2010, 21:52:04 »
What should happen if you loose your dragon?
Why, you're screwed, of course. ;D There's no way to make you lose automatically upon losing your dragon, but you won't be able to make any advanced units if you lose it early on.  The idea is that your dragon is your most powerful unit, but you also better keep it safe.
The protector should probably be able to morph one more upgrade further
Yeah, probably.
Should the vassal be able to contruct a volcano before the treasure trove?
It seems to me like making a volcano would be a pretty big deal, so I put that at the very end of the tree.

I neither don't like the flying drake idea, and the amphibian can only be created in GAE, and i plan to release this for MG, sorry.
Boo! :( Oh well, your choice.
What type of attack should the lava drake have?
Well, I was thinking it would have a high-damage fire attack that kept on damaging the target (due to the lava sticking to the skin and still burning), but that's only possible in GAE.

hairy cat

« Reply #159 on: 14 June 2010, 22:14:05 »
for the lava drake, how about an attack that does 1000-5000 damage ( no splash ) but that uses all the xp? And then the xp would take a looooong time to replenish.

Gabbe

« Reply #160 on: 14 June 2010, 22:15:40 »
you mean EP right?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 14 June 2010, 23:42:53 »
for the lava drake, how about an attack that does 1000-5000 damage ( no splash ) but that uses all the xp? And then the xp would take a looooong time to replenish.
He'd probably end up wasting it on a Swordman. :P

wyvern

« Reply #162 on: 14 June 2010, 23:43:17 »
Too true.

Gabbe

« Reply #163 on: 14 June 2010, 23:44:04 »
Auto reliate = off

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #164 on: 14 June 2010, 23:45:39 »
Gabbe, are you confusing Runescape and Glest..... :P
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Gabbe

« Reply #165 on: 14 June 2010, 23:47:01 »
im picking up words and see if i can implement them in my english language yes :)

hairy cat

« Reply #166 on: 15 June 2010, 05:45:33 »

Maybe we can make it so that he only attack strong units?

Gabbe

« Reply #167 on: 15 June 2010, 06:24:23 »
Or just what i said, you can choose when to attack...and what to attack...imagine you got two of them, your base is under attack and currently your army is at another location, you have these two drakes, and they cannot attack because the units attacking are tooo WEAK!?!?!??

wyvern

« Reply #168 on: 15 June 2010, 13:37:48 »
I think he should have some sort of inferno storm thing, it would be short ranged and so massive damage and splash but would take up a tone of ep.

wyvern

« Reply #169 on: 15 June 2010, 13:47:05 »
I don't think there should be the one dragon a game rule it should just be a really expensive unit, I think the half dragons should be basic melee units but the rangers should be the basic ranged units, no flying drakes, but everything else yes, the wyrm could be a ground dragon thing that has poisonous breathe and a flamethrower style attack, it could be the hero unit, the dragons would stay the same and morph from baby dragons, and there should be a dragon rider, the protector could promote to a great protector who would have a halberd, and a crossbow for anti air defense, the ranger could be promoted to a stalker, who would have explosive arrows and be hard to see, he would also have a spear for close comabat

hairy cat

« Reply #170 on: 15 June 2010, 14:13:13 »
All those ideas combined would be enough to make 4 tech tree's...Thanks everyone  ;D
Now for choosing  :-\  :confused: :confused:

should we give ranks to the great wyrm? Like ancient great wyrm, or something like that?
« Last Edit: 15 June 2010, 14:55:33 by @kukac@ »

Gabbe

« Reply #171 on: 15 June 2010, 14:46:53 »
It is way too powerfull enough...

hairy cat

« Reply #172 on: 15 June 2010, 14:50:41 »
ok, then i won't. I'm gonna work on the tech tree once i'm done with my studying :D

Gabbe

« Reply #173 on: 15 June 2010, 15:03:08 »
uhm..someone needs to do the XMLs

hairy cat

« Reply #174 on: 15 June 2010, 15:20:05 »
i'll take care of that once the tech tree is over with