Poll

What do you think the limit amount of dragons should be? ( Please read the forum a little before posting )

Just one
More than one ( Post how many )
No limit

Author Topic: Dragon faction!  (Read 37975 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon faction!
« Reply #250 on: 21 June 2010, 03:28:50 »
Missing anything?

The next step is determinating all the features of every single unit and building, and making the upgrades. Only then will we xml everything.
Sounds good.  I've got an XML template ready, and it includes all of GAE's extra features (at least the ones in the documentation), so that should be pretty easy.

Regarding effects and emanations, I think it would be good to give the Lava Drake an ongoing damage effect (since the lava is going to stick to whoever it hits), the Sky Drake's lightning attack could maybe have a momentary stun effect (although this might be over-powered... we'll have to test it), and since the Wyvern is often associated with death, disease, or poison and tends to kill things around it, we could give it some kind of poisonous emanation.  Dragons are scary as hell, and some sources even elevate their fear-causing ability to a supernatural level, so I think we could give the Great Wyrm an emanation that affects enemies by weakening them (to simulate their hesitation to attack something that can obviously devour them).

For the dragon's stats, those sound pretty reasonable, but I was thinking the Juvenile should be in line with Magic's Dragon.  The main reason for this is actually just to justify why their dragons aren't very powerful: they only summon juveniles because they wouldn't be able to control an adult!  This allows Magic to keep their dragons making sense, while allowing us to make ours substantially more bad-ass in the long run.  If our Juvenile is a little weaker, that should still be fine (so Magic's are just slightly older, but not quite to adulthood).  Really the only glaring difference is the regeneration rate, but I guess we can justify this somehow?

hairy cat

« Reply #251 on: 22 June 2010, 12:33:32 »
i was thinking the volcano could be the defense building, watch'a think? It would have the same power as the lava drake, but can't move.

Vassal : Hp 250, no attacks, workers abilities, worker speed.
Fire drake : Same attributes as drake rider in magic? Will have a flame attack, no ep.
Earth drake : I dunno about this one, please post ideas!
Sky drake : Shoots lightning, has 1200 ep, can do an extreme lightning attack, deals 200 damage and consumes 20 ep. Normal attack deals 150 damage. Very fast on his feet. Hp should be 3000
Lava drake : Lava attack, very powerful, but no ep attacks. Damage is 500 with a 3 splash radius. hp should be 1000. Not very fast.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 23 June 2010, 03:28:26 »
It would have the same power as the lava drake, but can't move.
Then why would anyone build a Volcano when they can just build Lava Drakes?  (Isn't the Earth Drake the defensive unit?)
Vassal : Hp 250, no attacks, workers abilities, worker speed.
Fire drake : Same attributes as drake rider in magic? Will have a flame attack, no ep.
I can't argue with that, I guess.
Earth drake : I dunno about this one, please post ideas!
I was thinking it would be similar to Magic's Golem.
Sky drake : Shoots lightning, has 1200 ep, can do an extreme lightning attack, deals 200 damage and consumes 20 ep. Normal attack deals 150 damage. Very fast on his feet. Hp should be 3000
3000?  Are you kidding, or is that a typo?
Lava drake : Lava attack, very powerful, but no ep attacks. Damage is 500 with a 3 splash radius. hp should be 1000. Not very fast.
I'd beef him up a bit.  That's a fair bit weaker than Tech's Catapult.  I guess if we give him the continuous damage effect, it probably balances out.

By the way, what did you think of this:
Regarding effects and emanations, I think it would be good to give the Lava Drake an ongoing damage effect (since the lava is going to stick to whoever it hits), the Sky Drake's lightning attack could maybe have a momentary stun effect (although this might be over-powered... we'll have to test it), and since the Wyvern is often associated with death, disease, or poison and tends to kill things around it, we could give it some kind of poisonous emanation.  Dragons are scary as hell, and some sources even elevate their fear-causing ability to a supernatural level, so I think we could give the Great Wyrm an emanation that affects enemies by weakening them (to simulate their hesitation to attack something that can obviously devour them).

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #253 on: 23 June 2010, 03:35:37 »
Typo, as John said? hmm...shouldn't be 300 either  :P
also, 20? so little? ...should be 200, wait, that would be equal, and that wouldn't make sense...maybe 400 EP?  :|
I am thinking of other units like this one...well only one that I would know would be evil dragon which has around the same stats but consumes 1000 EP or so...  :|

hairy cat

« Reply #254 on: 23 June 2010, 13:02:03 »
Then why would anyone build a Volcano when they can just build Lava Drakes?  (Isn't the Earth Drake the defensive unit?)
Because a volcano is needed to build lava drakes.

I was thinking it would be similar to Magic's Golem.
Ok.

3000?  Are you kidding, or is that a typo?
Sorry, i meant 1000. Ultifd, there is not much damage difference between the 2 attacks, 40 then?

I'd beef him up a bit.  That's a fair bit weaker than Tech's Catapult.  I guess if we give him the continuous damage effect, it probably balances out.
Maybe a weaker attack with a large splash radius? The constant damage would kill all the units eventully. It will just take time.

By the way, what did you think of this:
[/quote]

Yeah i totally agree with that.

I am thinking of other units like this one...well only one that I would know would be evil dragon which has around the same stats but consumes 1000 EP or so...  :|
Don't you think it would be a bit like the second magic dragon in MG?

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #255 on: 23 June 2010, 18:34:11 »
Well, it just seems overpowered...but maybe not I guess.

Don't you think it would be a bit like the second magic dragon in MG?
No one is comparing...I think.

anything