Author Topic: The "official" Crincillin thread  (Read 16859 times)

Zoythrus

Re: The "official" Crincillin thread
« Reply #50 on: 20 July 2010, 04:29:01 »
sorry for the double post, but i forgot to mention something.

we need people who are good with unit portraits and sounds.

we really dont want to use the standard castle, archer, and swordman pics; so if anyone is good with those, please talk to us.

and we need sounds for the units. we are looking for robotic beeps and whirs. something that sounds robotic and futuristic (even though they are aliens, we dont want any alien breathing or talking sounds). Seana and i are not good in that category, so can any sound dudes contact us?

thanks people!

-Zoy

Seanachaidh

« Reply #51 on: 25 July 2010, 19:45:32 »
hey everyone, srry I haven't posted in a while, I have been sick.  feelin' great now, and finished up the worker model, gonna UV map a Texture pretty soon here.

here's a preview.

plz let me know what you think.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26 July 2010, 00:55:51 »
Glad your back, and what is that?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Zoythrus

« Reply #53 on: 26 July 2010, 01:34:19 »
that, my dear friend, is the worker. we hope on allowing him to become a turret for a quick defense.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26 July 2010, 04:17:52 »
Are those legs and a propeller?  Sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble deciphering what I'm looking at. :confused:

Zoythrus

« Reply #55 on: 26 July 2010, 06:09:12 »
first off, all Crincillin units hover, so it doesnt walk - that means those arent legs.

and it's not a propeller, its the laser it uses to mine and harvest resources. (that laser will turn into the gun portion of it's turret form)

Zoythrus

« Reply #56 on: 4 August 2010, 04:19:27 »
NEW UPDATE, PEOPLE!

The Crincillin project and the Phorin are now a part of the same universe. Psychedelic_hands and i have agreed to merge our two projects.

Also, we still could use some support with models and stuff (like sounds). Seana and hands can only do so much. So, wanna help us out?

Seanachaidh

« Reply #57 on: 6 August 2010, 22:21:17 »
Hey guys, I'm back, I came back from Reno, and have been earning some money teaching dance classes down at an elementary school.  Sorry I haven't posted in so long.  As Zoythrus said, that's the worker model. 

John:  the "propeller" is actually the head of the unit, it's what it uses to harvest and attack, basically the head is a lazer. The model is a cargo carrier of sorts, When the worker has finished harvesting, it will carry the stone, gold, and other resources on it's "back."  the 4 "legs" that surround the orb are used to both balance the unit, and to protect the orb. You see what I mean?  Feel free to let me know what you think of it. :D

I hope everyone can see what I mean, if not, I'll be happy to post some more screenshots of the model to further explain what I'm talking about.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get to texturing fairly soon here, but before I do, please let me know wat you think.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #58 on: 7 August 2010, 01:16:14 »
I'm curious... can we maybe see an ingame screenshot if you already have something?
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Seanachaidh

« Reply #59 on: 7 August 2010, 18:55:05 »
I'm curious... can we maybe see an ingame screenshot if you already have something?

We haven't put it ingame yet, but I guess Zoythrus and I could do that.  I'll get to talking to him about it.  It doesn't have anims yet. So we didn't think about putting it ingame. 

Zoythrus

« Reply #60 on: 8 August 2010, 04:04:16 »
i will give you some ingame pics when i get the model; but keep in mind, we will be releasing a beta/teaser version shortly.

Zoythrus

« Reply #61 on: 5 September 2010, 06:12:55 »
UPDATE!!!!

sorry for the double post, but here's a picture!!!!!!!

here is a picture of a beginning base. we have two buildings so far: the command center and the power station.

some changes that i have made sense last update:

ive renamed some of the units. the light infantry is now the "Bandit," the medium infantry is now the "Striker," and the worker is now the "IPV" (this stands for "Invasion Preparation Vehicle").

ive given the IPV some particle effects for building and harvesting. why? 'cuz they look cool!

and other balancing stuff. you know, we didnt think it would work, but it works quite nicely! the units have good build times and the buildings have appropriate costs. this will be awesome when it's done!

a beta will be soon, just waiting for Seana to fix some stuff so i can add it. if anyone wants to help speed this up, please say so, we need your help!

-Zoy

P.S. yes, we know that the power station has no tex - that's being worked on.

P.P.S. also, ive added a new and improved tech tree. see at first post!
« Last Edit: 5 September 2010, 06:43:44 by Zoythrus »

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #62 on: 5 September 2010, 11:39:20 »
Maybe you could make the Effects of the command center a bit less intense? and maybe add a slight glow underneath all hovering units?

Looking awesome so far, nice work! ;D

Zoythrus

« Reply #63 on: 5 September 2010, 14:50:02 »
Maybe you could make the Effects of the command center a bit less intense? and maybe add a slight glow underneath all hovering units?

Looking awesome so far, nice work! ;D

i'll think about turning it down a bit, but then, its supposed to look like the guys are being beamed into it.  and a particle effect under everyone? that would take a while...i might try it. what color do you suggest?

Gabbe

« Reply #64 on: 5 September 2010, 23:33:15 »
teamcolour or black smoke.

Zoythrus

« Reply #65 on: 12 September 2010, 06:33:23 »
i was working on the particle effects, and i got this:

the particles are blown way out of proportion! and i didnt really touch them any! what the heck?

(do notice that i toned the CC particle effects down a bit)

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #66 on: 28 September 2010, 23:51:37 »
Hmmmm, I'm still having trouble with the alpha you gave me..... I'll thought I'd post the error message I get here just in case someone else might be able to help.

Error loading fraction types:techs/constellus
Error loading units:techs/constellus/fractions
Error loading unit type:techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/ipv.xml
Exception caught loading 3dfile:techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/models/worker.g3d
Could not parse techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/models/worker model.png us object ot type class shared::Graphics::pixmap

Zoythrus

« Reply #67 on: 29 September 2010, 00:01:44 »
Hmmmm, I'm still having trouble with the alpha you gave me..... I'll thought I'd post the error message I get here just in case someone else might be able to help.

Error loading fraction types:techs/constellus
Error loading units:techs/constellus/fractions
Error loading unit type:techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/ipv.xml
Exception caught loading 3dfile:techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/models/worker.g3d
Could not parse techs/constellus/fractions/crincillin/units/ipv/models/worker model.png us object ot type class shared::Graphics::pixmap

it looks like your Mg cant support pngs, maybe you dont have the newest one?

Seanachaidh

« Reply #68 on: 15 October 2010, 04:38:03 »
 ;D

Hey guys,

I'm just letting you guys know i'm still here, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or anything.

I'm finally starting to organize myself a little better, the constant urging (read nagging) XD, has really helped me keep tings going, even if at a much slower pace than desired.

anyways, I'm going to try to be a little more active in the forums from now on, I'm not the best at lurking, so if you have a question, eiter about the mod, or about something else, please feel free to contact me via either PM, or on this thread or the other forum.

I'm going to be getting rid of the wall and resizing the powerstation, just to let you guys know, I'm going to be getting to tat tomorrow.

Seeya!!

Zoythrus

« Reply #69 on: 6 February 2011, 16:37:07 »
wow, it says no ones posted here for the past 3 months! there's something wrong there!

in case you have been wondering about the mod, WE ARE NOT DEAD! the Crincillin are almost done, we're just finishing up the last few units, then we'll be done!

Seana got a new laptop, so that means that the texes and stuff will be done faster, and that means we can release faster!

ok, people, if you have any questions, then please ask me or anyone on the team, we'd be happy to help.

we will be releasing soon!
-Zoy

anything