Author Topic: new map 4hills8kings  (Read 3212 times)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

wyvern

Re: new map 4hills8kings
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2010, 14:28:30 »
Looks great I'll try it out soon :) :)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2010, 23:05:01 »
Cpu plays very agrassive on this one! But really fun! We had a nice multiplayer coop game in it!

Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest Map Compendium
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2010, 23:05:27 »
Is this what MP players want? very small maps with loads of resources? We call this a point-blank shooter :P
« Last Edit: 27 June 2010, 23:07:36 by Trappin »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2010, 23:07:08 »
Well, it was fun.
For now, the only problem could be that maybe not enough space...otherwise, cool map.
Thanks.

wyvern

« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2010, 23:07:49 »
I'm trying it now, I'll try to post screenshots :) :) :)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2010, 23:09:42 »
Is this what MP players want? very small maps with loads of resources? We call this a point-blank shooter :P
Well, these maps...a lot now..well...I think it is fine...as long as there are other good maps for expanding...if there is too much turtling though, not the best map...  :|

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2010, 23:13:11 »
I'll speak plainly since I know titi wont get mad at me. This map is an example of what the old glest maps looked like - square maps with very few objects and no elevation changes.

I wish we had more people making maps- oh well.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2010, 23:16:43 by Trappin »

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2010, 23:15:17 »
I'll speak plainly since I know titi wont get mad at me. This map is an example of what the old glest maps looked like - square maps with very few objects and no elevation changes.
Yeah I know, but since we don't really care too much about that, mainly making MG stable...we just want new maps to test, to have fun...

Weird, at first, I thought it would be like the other map...someone made...4 castles or something, wasn't the best, but had cool elevation changes and such...(since the names said 4 hills...)
Still fun, and I understand...

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2010, 23:18:13 »
Okay, so this is exactly what MP users want? yes or no?

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2010, 23:19:47 »
For the time being...which is today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow...and that's about it. "We" hope...for stable megaglest.

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2010, 23:31:08 »
I'll stick to making the old 4 player maps and wait until the current round of beta testing is complete.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 28 June 2010, 07:29:20 »
OK.

Yeah...I kinda thought it would be similar to this...
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=4113.0
Oh well...

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 June 2010, 13:59:01 »
Trappin you said its not well decorated and plain, but did you test it ingame? Yes its square again but believe me its really fun to play(especially  in multiplayer ). A bit more decoration would be good thats true, but especially elevation is one of the most important things in this map!
Its just that the screenshot doesn't show this fact.

Another reason why I choosed to not put so many objects in this map are performance issues!
I played a lot of multiplayer games and I learned that many people use very slow integrated graphics cards to play glest. And if they see too many vertices, they slow down :( and then everyone slows down.

But you are right, if I have more time I will try to make it look a bit better. My focus when creating this was only the fun to play this map and the AI and not the special look of the map beside the cliffs which really look good in my opinion. I will definily modify the terrain texturing which is really boring currently .
regarding the Ai behaviour, I never played a game where the AI was so aggrassive like in this map. It attacks without any break!
I only played one big battle in this map yet, but this was a great game!

Maybe you can take this as a base(idea) and give us a better looking map like this? ( I only have limited time and as you know I do a lot of other things too.)
« Last Edit: 28 June 2010, 14:13:49 by titi »

wyvern

« Reply #14 on: 28 June 2010, 14:12:05 »
I played two great games on this map yesterday, it actually turned out quite challenging, the first time I did fine but the second time me and my ally were in the Northwest corner if I go according to your screenshot and the ai's in the Northeast and southwest attacked simultaneously, still, it was fun and exciting, I personally think the map was fine. ;D ;D

anything