Author Topic: MegaGlest 3.3.6 release  (Read 8248 times)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
MegaGlest 3.3.6 release
« on: 12 August 2010, 07:26:41 »
Mega Glest 3.3.6 release

Windows Full installer:
download here

Windows x86 binaries:
download here

Linux 32 bit Full installer:
download here

Linux 32 bit x86 binaries:
download here

Linux 64 bit Full installer:
download here

Linux 64 bit x86 binaries:
download here

Full Data package (for both linux and windows, intended for new installs [not using the win32 installer], same as 3.3.6 full installer data):
download here

Upgrade Data package from 3.3.5 or higher (for both linux and windows, intended for manual upgrades  [not using the full installers]
download here

Source Code Package:
download here

Changelog:

- More performance updates to rendering and game updating
- Improved network play for slower clients (new game options for lagging players)
  - Added the ability to toggle Pause or Disconnect for lagged clients per game
  - Better error detection of network state
- Updated client and server lobby screens to show more game information
- Added more per game changable settings for network games
- Updated support for GAE pathfinder (but should ONLY be used in single player mode as network use is experimental)
- Added new commandline parameter for modders to validate their techtrees, usage:
  ./glest --validate-techtrees
- Added new commandline parameter to display openGL driver information, usage:
  ./glest --opengl-info
- Added support for Open Suse
- Fixed bugs where invalid IP addresses were used for NIC's that are not active
- Added the ability to turn OFF sounds via the options menu
- Some bug fixes and changes were made to the AI
- Fixed issue where command queues and multi-unit selecting was broken
- Fixed map editor for windows users where tooltips didn't show properly and memory corruption.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2010, 07:36:13 by softcoder »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: MegaGlest 3.3.6 release
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2010, 00:11:23 »
We tested a lot today...no problems...almost no lag...just somehow the AI was really good, or we had bad luck...we finally won 1/5 games. I hope bad luck. I think it was.

Softcoder's article on slashdot finally got accepted. nice. Now not only german people will come...

twlbg

« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2010, 16:55:26 »
Hey i am making faction upgrade so may be the name of next patch will be "Mega Glest 3.3.6 The power of the factions".:):):) :D:D:D

cds

« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2010, 00:39:44 »
When I was playing the 3.3.6,I found a bug:it shows some units are mine or repair or attack or build basic ,but these units stop and do nothing,just stand there.Is this a bug?my faction is tech.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2010, 01:50:45 »
When I was playing the 3.3.6,I found a bug:it shows some units are mine or repair or attack or build basic ,but these units stop and do nothing,just stand there.Is this a bug?my faction is tech.
It depends. Can you reproduce it? ...  :| Maybe you accidentally hold positioned your units? Or maybe I am misunderstanding you...

Hmm, we had a "nice" 6 player game (3 vs 3, eight gradient map) with two newbies, tomreyn, softcoder, tiger, and I. Nice in terms of no lag...until there were too many units. Then one by one people started to disconnect. In the end, my opponents all I got disconencted, I got killed cause my FPS was very low (or I wasn't paying attention) , (but not completely killed) and one of my teammates was alive...so we finally finished the game. (took a long time for hundreds of snakes to attack...) But really no one won in the end...technically.
(click to show/hide)
EDIT: I also learned that in Glest you don't win by "Default"... like when all my opponents disconnected. Maybe that was for the better?
So I still think this version is pretty stable...

cds

« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2010, 03:50:26 »
Maybe ,you are right.The player is cpu .

aqeeliz

« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2010, 18:02:56 »
What is 'sound core' package for? and what was megaglest's problem with OpenSuse?

Just curious. :)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2010, 19:21:50 »
Sorry but I don't really understand what your question is? When you refer to sound core package, what do you mean? And MG should work fine on Open Suse 11.2 and 11.3 (And also compiles fine on these versions).

glest master

« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2010, 05:04:36 »
GREAT make more versions :P

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2010, 20:28:37 »
Quote from: Slashdot comment on Softcoders MegaGlest article

I downloaded it but I notice the installer is an ELF executable. This is sort of a Windows-style way to distribute an application. If I run it, I have no idea where it will put files on my system. I'm not too comfortable with that, why not distribute a deb that will allow my system's package manager to let me uninstall it easily?

(Or next best thing, just a tarball that unzips to a predictable location and runs from there.)

As it stands, if I want to be careful I'd have to create a low-priviledge user with a clean directory just to easily track what happens during install without worrying about it writing to my system directories or to a weird place in my home directory. Kind of a lot of work just to check out a game.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2010, 19:40:18 »
If you check the replies to that post on /. you'll see that some people have already helped this guy out.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2010, 00:43:47 »
If you check the replies to that post on /. you'll see that some people have already helped this guy out.

Huh... I don't recall seeing any replies... :look:
Egypt Remastered!

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2010, 13:46:35 »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2010, 15:36:52 »
Oh ok. :)
Egypt Remastered!

anything