Author Topic: Constellus [WIP]  (Read 62551 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Constellus (new Alpha!) [WIP]
« Reply #25 on: 22 October 2010, 18:46:44 »
just made some bugfixes, so ive released 1.15. look at first post.

and, do you think i should write a page for this on the wikia? i tried, but didnt know how to start it correctly...
Just copy a page like Magitech (for the techtree) and magic or tech (for the factions). They are done very well and provide a good outline to how it works. I recommend you do your work in code view instead of WYSIWYG view. As well, you may want to take a look at Template:Faction and Template:Techtree for the top left templates.

Wiki may need some big changes after the new look (noting that I CAN'T change the width, as thats a violation of their stupid new TOS)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Zoythrus

« Reply #26 on: 22 October 2010, 21:01:57 »
i have now made a wikia page for the mod! go here: https://docs.megaglest.org/Constellus
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 19:58:23 by filux »

Zoythrus

« Reply #27 on: 24 October 2010, 17:31:50 »
bump!

we wont release another version until we get some more units...so please be patient.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #28 on: 25 October 2010, 00:46:47 »
i have now made a wikia page for the mod! go here: https://docs.megaglest.org/Constellus
Fixed the image at the top. That's what the infobox is for. Also, please add the resources to the info box.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 19:57:54 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Zoythrus

« Reply #29 on: 25 October 2010, 01:23:39 »
thank you, Omega.

Seanachaidh

« Reply #30 on: 2 November 2010, 04:07:44 »
Hey guys, I finished up a texture for the construction sign, now it actually looks finished XD!  We haven't released it yet, but I'd thought i'd might as well give you guys something to look forward to.  I modified the model a little bit to make it fit the mod a little better...   

Let me know what you think plz.

P.S. I got rid of the wall for the Powerstation as well, it looks a whole lot better without it. 

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2 November 2010, 21:31:48 »
Looks cool, Is it for MG?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2 November 2010, 21:44:01 »

Seanachaidh

« Reply #33 on: 4 November 2010, 01:58:24 »
sorry Elim, we're gonna bet putting into GAE.  thanks for the praise, though.  :D

Zoythrus

« Reply #34 on: 21 November 2010, 21:01:26 »
hey, we're not dead, dont worry, things are underway for the v2 release!

we are adding a myriad of new stuff for the next release, but in the meantime, please test the 1.16 version that we have out.

and lastly, any support that you guys can give would be helpful! thank you!

-Zoy

the warlord of the reich

« Reply #35 on: 21 November 2010, 21:03:53 »
i dont realy like space aliens mods.

BUT THIS GLEST JUST DOES'NT STOP EXPANDING :o

Zoythrus

« Reply #36 on: 21 November 2010, 21:05:24 »
i dont realy like space aliens mods.

BUT THIS GLEST JUST DOES'NT STOP EXPANDING :o

well, try it anyways. it's not your typical, green, ufo-flying aliens, these guys look sick! check out our wikia (in case you havent already): https://docs.megaglest.org/constellus
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 19:57:24 by filux »

Zoythrus

« Reply #37 on: 23 November 2010, 05:49:05 »
hey guys, i need some quick help.

here's what i need, i need a cool name. you see, we are going to rename the Striker, so it needs a really cool name.

Why are we renaming it? we are going to call it's jet form the "Shrike," but that name is too similar to the original name. that's why we need to change the original (and besides, i never really liked that name anyways).

can you guys give us a few names?

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #38 on: 23 November 2010, 06:53:21 »
If you don't mind using non-english words,I can suggest you some :|.
Here are the quick list of names I came up with.

• Raiden(Thunderbolt)
  • Shiden(Violet Lightning)
  • Senden(Flash Lightning)
  • Tenrai(Heavenly Thunder)
  • Reppu(Strong Gale)
  • Hayate(Gale)
  • Gekkou(Moonlight)
  • Hien(flying swallow)
  • Hayabusa(Peregrine Falcon)
  • Tsurugi(Sword)
  • Suisei(Comet)
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #39 on: 23 November 2010, 08:54:01 »
hey guys, i need some quick help.

here's what i need, i need a cool name. you see, we are going to rename the Striker, so it needs a really cool name.

Why are we renaming it? we are going to call it's jet form the "Shrike," but that name is too similar to the original name. that's why we need to change the original (and besides, i never really liked that name anyways).

can you guys give us a few names?
If you don't mind using non-english words,I can suggest you some :|.
Here are the quick list of names I came up with.

• Raiden(Thunderbolt)
  • Shiden(Violet Lightning)
  • Senden(Flash Lightning)
  • Tenrai(Heavenly Thunder)
  • Reppu(Strong Gale)
  • Hayate(Gale)
  • Gekkou(Moonlight)
  • Hien(flying swallow)
  • Hayabusa(Peregrine Falcon)
  • Tsurugi(Sword)
  • Suisei(Comet)

Raiden sounds good. :thumbup:
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #40 on: 2 December 2010, 10:39:07 »
I do like Raiden.... hmmm, maybe our names need to fit more of a theme?

Also, we won't release another version at least until after 3.2 is released. Because we're using all those smexy new features.

Zoythrus

« Reply #41 on: 2 December 2010, 20:13:03 »
hmmm, maybe our names need to fit more of a theme?

they do, we use only cool names :P

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #42 on: 4 December 2010, 05:13:42 »
hmmm, maybe our names need to fit more of a theme?

they do, we use only cool names :P

Haha... Fair enough.

Btw, would anyone like to see a Phorin?

This is a peon model, the only thing I've textured for the Phorin.
Is the model good? Be honest but a nice as this was my first textured unit.
Is this how people imagined they'd look like?

I wanted to change it lots, but I lost my .psd. So I may wait until my skills improve significantly.
« Last Edit: 4 December 2010, 05:16:38 by Psychedelic_hands »

Zoythrus

« Reply #43 on: 4 December 2010, 05:31:41 »
ok, the first and third digits should be 3/4 the length of the 2nd, it just looks odd right now....

and what are those things on his chest?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 4 December 2010, 05:37:45 »
I'm impressed.  I think this was probably a good choice for a beginner, since an insectoid exoskeleton doesn't need a whole lot of texture.  I like where you're doing with the tattoos/brands/marks/whatever, though.  That's a good way to add some variety to an otherwise fairly uniform texture.
I was expecting something much less humanoid, actually.  Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is entirely up to you.  Since they're apparently fairly anti-like, are others going to be anatomically much different?

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #45 on: 4 December 2010, 06:15:53 »
ok, the first and third digits should be 3/4 the length of the 2nd, it just looks odd right now....

and what are those things on his chest?

Oh I fixed that already. This picture is extremely old. I just felt like showing it off.

I'm impressed.  I think this was probably a good choice for a beginner, since an insectoid exoskeleton doesn't need a whole lot of texture.  I like where you're doing with the tattoos/brands/marks/whatever, though.  That's a good way to add some variety to an otherwise fairly uniform texture.
I was expecting something much less humanoid, actually.  Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is entirely up to you.  Since they're apparently fairly anti-like, are others going to be anatomically much different?

Thank you, I love feed-back. It's the only way I'll improve.

I was thinking of making some team-colour tattoos and the chest/ shoulders. But I think I'll just leave that for other units.

Well, I consider it a bad thing....
But yes, other units will be much more non-human. The peon was meant to look as basic as possible.
The Phor ite for example. Has almost ridiculously big shoulders with ornamental exo-bits sticking out everywhere. Also a lot more dreads, but I haven't texture that yet, so I'm not showing it :)

Did you mean ant like? because I wanted them to be more lobster-like, haha.
« Last Edit: 4 December 2010, 06:32:28 by Psychedelic_hands »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 4 December 2010, 06:36:14 »
I was thinking of making some team-colour tattoos and the chest/ shoulders. But I think I'll just leave that for for units.
If the markings have a lot of cultural/spiritual significance, maybe elite units should have more markings.  Just a thought.

But yes, other units will be much more un-human. The peon was meant to look as basic as possible. The Phor ite for example. Has almost ridiculously big shoulders with ornamental exo-bits sticking out everywhere. Also a lot more dreads, but I haven't texture that yet, so I'm not showing it :)
That could be a good way to go, having the peon be the basic general-purpose body, while other units are adapted more toward their specific fighting abilities.  I could imagine a scout having an extra pair of legs, a warrior having over-sized pincers, a flying unit having a pair of wasp-like wings, etc.

Did you mean ant like? because I wanted them too be more like lobsters haha.
I definitely meant ant-like.  The thought of it being anything else didn't even occur to me. :look:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120587/mediaindex

Zoythrus

« Reply #47 on: 4 December 2010, 06:42:25 »
well, we did agree that there would be different breeds of Phorin, maybe 5 or so. all units would be comprised of Phorin from these 5 breeds/tribes. eg the Phorite and maybe the cavalry will look the same (except that the cavalry will be mounted)...

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #48 on: 4 December 2010, 06:51:20 »
I was thinking of making some team-colour tattoos and the chest/ shoulders. But I think I'll just leave that for for units.
If the markings have a lot of cultural/spiritual significance, maybe elite units should have more markings.  Just a thought.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.... The fancier they get the higher up the tech-tree you go.

But yes, other units will be much more un-human. The peon was meant to look as basic as possible. The Phor ite for example. Has almost ridiculously big shoulders with ornamental exo-bits sticking out everywhere. Also a lot more dreads, but I haven't texture that yet, so I'm not showing it :)
That could be a good way to go, having the peon be the basic general-purpose body, while other units are adapted more toward their specific fighting abilities.  I could imagine a scout having an extra pair of legs, a warrior having over-sized pincers, a flying unit having a pair of wasp-like wings, etc.
Well they still have to be a part of the same species. Me and Zoythrus have discussed this before. We came up with a really solid explanation as to why they all have different looking skeletons..... I just don't remember it. hehe.

Really the slave species is what I'd use if I want crazier looking ones.... Which is what I'm using. :D
Did you mean ant like? because I wanted them too be more like lobsters haha.
I definitely meant ant-like.  The thought of it being anything else didn't even occur to me. :look:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120587/mediaindex

Haha, well I really don't want them to look insectiod.... Jungle crustaceans are so much more majestic!
« Last Edit: 4 December 2010, 06:53:22 by Psychedelic_hands »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 4 December 2010, 07:10:18 »
Haha, well I really don't want them to look insectiod.... Jungle crustaceans are so much more majestic!
Giving it some eyestalks or a face of unspeakable horror and mouth-feeler-thingies might help that.

(click for more)
« Last Edit: 6 December 2010, 01:48:38 by John.d.h »