Author Topic: Constellus [WIP]  (Read 62599 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Constellus [WIP]
« Reply #200 on: 19 April 2011, 00:02:56 »
Notice: Some off-topic posts were split and moved to the appropriate section: https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=6898.0

Carry on. :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #201 on: 19 April 2011, 01:33:14 »
@Ultifd: You've got mail.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #202 on: 19 April 2011, 01:37:31 »
I already read it. It's all based on glestadv.ini, so I still have resolution problems. So I'll just try git-master. But I already told you, I'm just testing Imperial for now. Thanks for trying though.

Zoythrus

« Reply #203 on: 28 April 2011, 21:57:52 »
hey guys!
i have put up a Constellus page on Facebook, so "Like" us!

(just search for Constellus, it's not that hard to find)

-Zoy

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 29 April 2011, 00:21:26 »
I saw the FB post, liked.  :)
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #205 on: 5 May 2011, 07:00:12 »
Hi, I waned to give this Mod a try (on GAE), but am having difficulties finding out what the latest version is.

https://docs.megaglest.org/Constellus states the latest version is 1.0 and provides a download link for this version.

The first post on this forums topic (https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=6027.0) states the latest release is an alpha and that a beta will come soon, but does not mention which version numbers these statements refer to. It mentions two version numbers 1.16 and 1.2, which would seem to be higher than the above 1.0. Download links are not provided in this post.

A later post on this topic (https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=6027.msg69849#msg69849) references a dropbox.com hosted download location which gives a HTTP 404, this one seem to be an aprils fool since the actual URL points elsewhere.

Summed up, I have these questions which I am unable to answer myself after reading across the wiki and this thread for ~10 minutes:

What is the version number of the latest available Constellus stable release, and where is it available for download?

What, if any, is the version number of the latest available Constellus pre-release, and where is it available for download?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 15:42:19 by filux »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #206 on: 5 May 2011, 13:56:54 »
Hi Tomreyn, sorry for the confusion.

The Team was being developed and getting going, lots of things were changing. Zoythrus didn't plan ahead on what to call the releases. We've got it down now though.
1.0, 1.16, and 1.2 are all wrong.
Alpha --> Beta --> 1.0    This is what we've agreed upon.
Now the latest release is Alpha, and it is available on the first post, but be aware that it is very old. When GAE 0.4 comes out we will be releasing a Beta, so you might want to wait for that.
Egypt Remastered!

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #207 on: 5 May 2011, 15:09:15 »
I see, this indeed sounds like a veritable version scheme towards a stable release: (1.0) alpha (n), (1.0) beta (n), then 1.0(.0). 'n' allowing for releasing multiple alphas + betas as needed...

May I suggest to update the first post on this thread as well as the wiki with these version numbers/denotations then...
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #208 on: 5 May 2011, 15:15:37 »
May I suggest to update the first post on this thread as well as the wiki with these version numbers/denotations then...

Yea, we'll be doing that soon, sorry bout this.
Egypt Remastered!

Zoythrus

« Reply #209 on: 5 May 2011, 16:56:50 »
fixed! vA (a for alpha!) is the latest version, that i know. when the beta comes out (we're sooooooo close!), it will all be back on track!
« Last Edit: 7 May 2011, 02:47:07 by Zoythrus »

Zoythrus

« Reply #210 on: 7 May 2011, 02:48:18 »
hey people,

did i ever tell you that Constellus has official merchandise?

check this out!

yep! window decals!

if you want one, they're $10 each (that's in USD, of course)

-Zoy

Gabbe

« Reply #211 on: 7 May 2011, 02:49:36 »
Seriously?

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #212 on: 7 May 2011, 04:01:23 »
Nice, I've seen that on FB. With shipping and confidentiality and all, I wonder if it's worth it for others... How does that actually help Constellus though?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #213 on: 7 May 2011, 15:01:24 »
Nice, I've seen that on FB. With shipping and confidentiality and all, I wonder if it's worth it for others... How does that actually help Constellus though?

It puts the word out. A few more people will be curious and find out about Glest now. :D
Egypt Remastered!

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #214 on: 7 May 2011, 16:41:20 »
Oh well, of course.  :D Maybe you guys should include part of the GAE logo...or something though.
I meant how would you guys use the money for Constellus though. :P Practically almost everything is free for modding...just graphic cards aren't.  :-X

Zoythrus

« Reply #215 on: 7 May 2011, 18:21:50 »
we're going to use the money to buy and support a server for hosting an official website (the wikia is great and all, but.....) and for multiplayer games

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #216 on: 7 May 2011, 18:34:41 »
Why not use a free hosting service? All you have to do is register a co.cc and then find  a good free host. This one seems good: http://koolserve.com/

Zoythrus

« Reply #217 on: 7 May 2011, 18:43:18 »
also, the money is going to go towards more merch, such as shirts, more decals, and maybe even plushies (imagine having a Raiden plushy!)

for the record, none of the profits will go into our own wallets, they are strictly for Constellus

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #218 on: 7 May 2011, 19:26:09 »
Why not use a free hosting service? All you have to do is register a co.cc and then find  a good free host. This one seems good: http://koolserve.com/
Support. Why bother making a proper domain? As proved by Military, etc, it is a bad idea because people just don't care. They'd rather have a direct download link and not have to view the page in the first place. Documentation is important, but that's what the wiki is for.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Zoythrus

« Reply #219 on: 7 May 2011, 19:36:07 »
well, the reason im wanting a full site is because im treating Constellus like an indie game that just so happens to use Glest (as opposed to a Glest mod). people are often asking for a website, so i plan on giving them one.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #220 on: 7 May 2011, 19:44:36 »
people are often asking for a website, so i plan on giving them one.
They are? Why not use a free one then? There's no disadvantages unless you want to host the download on that site, which I would not recommend, as cheap commercial hosts tend to suck as downloading sites, and many add limits to downloading large files, even though they don't say it. Unlimited bandwidth is never actually unlimited.

My worry is that there won't be much from merchandise. Just not sure how much it could make... And web hosting is an ongoing cost. Not to mention moving from a commercial host to a free one is never easy, if that would have to be done.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #221 on: 7 May 2011, 19:59:19 »
Nice decal. It's too bad I don't have my car to put it.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #222 on: 7 May 2011, 20:13:06 »
Yep, no disadvantages pretty much. Just try using the one I linked, and then you'll save maybe 120 bucks a year? Besides, there's dropbox for downloads anyways.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #223 on: 7 May 2011, 23:29:03 »
Yep, no disadvantages pretty much. Just try using the one I linked, and then you'll save maybe 120 bucks a year? Besides, there's dropbox for downloads anyways.
The average cost of hosting for a personal site is about $7-15 a month, so yeah, about that. More though, if you were to host a large, bandwidth eating download.

Zoythrus

« Reply #224 on: 18 May 2011, 01:12:21 »
Hey People!

We got some screenies for you! (i know that they are big, but we want you to see the detail of our stuff)

This pic shows you a starting base
(click to show/hide)

This one is after a few minutes or so
(click to show/hide)

Here we have a battle between some groups of Enforcers and Raidens (i tried to capture them when they were firing, but it wasnt working, sorry)
(click to show/hide)

Lastly, here's a pic of a fully formed Crincillin base
(click to show/hide)

hope you like the progress we've been making!

-Zoy