Author Topic: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] V0.89a released! (9 December 2011)  (Read 163663 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Japanese Faction mod [WIP]
« Reply #400 on: 20 April 2011, 21:50:23 »
Does the licensing really matter that much? The waiver clause is an important part of the CC licenses, as ANY part of the license can be waived with permission from the author. This means that you aren't necessarily stopping a commercial game from using your media, just that they would need to get permission. Perhaps you want to ensure that you get a copy of said game? Or maybe you want to negotiate how you'll be credited, etc... It isn't meant to forbid commercial games from using the media, just requiring the permission that gives the creator a little more control. In fact, if some FOSS game wants to use media, you can release it under a less restrictive license after they ask.

Though, I personally will be leaning towards CC-BY-SA (off topic notice, I've been planning to shift Military under CC-BY-SA for some months now, though you can consider it so, even if it won't be officially stated anywhere until the next release, which I anticipate will be soon).
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #401 on: 20 April 2011, 23:44:18 »
Does the licensing really matter that much? The waiver clause is an important part of the CC licenses, as ANY part of the license can be waived with permission from the author. This means that you aren't necessarily stopping a commercial game from using your media, just that they would need to get permission. Perhaps you want to ensure that you get a copy of said game? Or maybe you want to negotiate how you'll be credited, etc... It isn't meant to forbid commercial games from using the media, just requiring the permission that gives the creator a little more control. In fact, if some FOSS game wants to use media, you can release it under a less restrictive license after they ask.

Though, I personally will be leaning towards CC-BY-SA (off topic notice, I've been planning to shift Military under CC-BY-SA for some months now, though you can consider it so, even if it won't be officially stated anywhere until the next release, which I anticipate will be soon).
Agreed, I just wanted to make sure my cherished work won't abused by someone.

I have made some symbolic Command Icons for the faction.
I refer to Mr.pizza's idea suggested in this thread for making these Icons. Grazie!
« Last Edit: 20 April 2011, 23:47:51 by Hagekura »
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Pizza90

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 21 April 2011, 19:57:05 »
Cool icons :) I like that you liked my idea! when you will release the next version i will sure play it as soon as possible :)
I translated Megaglest in italian and i keep the translation updated.

Ishmaru

• Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #403 on: 22 April 2011, 03:30:27 »

I'm kinda with Omega on this one. This is the reason i want to use CC by NC SA is that I want a little control over my hard work. Yet still be in the sharing spirit of CC.

@ Omega bit off topic But why do you want to change your license to CC by SA?
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #404 on: 2 May 2011, 08:20:46 »
Just wanted to mention that I really like the new icons!
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2 May 2011, 09:41:27 »
Just wanted to mention that I really like the new icons!
I'm glad to hear that!
Currently I'm recording some unit voices of my own, when it's done, I'll release next version!
Also, I'd better to learn about dropbox before do that. ;D

Japanese Faction Mod

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #406 on: 2 May 2011, 21:47:32 »
http://www.dropbox.com/
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #407 on: 2 May 2011, 21:54:29 »
They have just supported Japanese in the last month :)

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 5 May 2011, 03:07:45 »
http://www.dropbox.com/
Thanks! :D

I have uploaded v0.82a.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28217581/japaneseV082a.7z

Updates and changes of V0.82a
-Some units have been renamed.
-New symbolic command icons and renewal units icons.
-Remodeled Archer's model.
-Remodeled castle model.
-Redone Swordsman's animations, and now swordsman has special attack ability "Iai" quick-draw and slash skill. you have to research "Battojutsu" upgrade in Dojo for use this skill.
-Added some new sounds and replaced voices(with my voice :O).
-Replaced music(previous one was too large).
-Fixed mining worker's selection issue by using titi's fixed worker model.(Danke!)
-Loading screen(techtree map) for megaglest.
-I have changed "Eastern medicine" upgrade's attribute. now this upgrade also effective in megaglest.
-New upgrade:"Shadow syndicate"(requirement for hire shinobi).
-Now you can promote spear ashigaru to samurai.(Requires "bushido" upgrade).
-"Bushido" Upgrade no more upgrades unit's attack strength. and it's cost has been lowered.
-All ranged attack skill speed have unified to 80. but actual attack speed(rate of fire) is decided by animation speed, not attack skill speed. so their attack speed(rate of fire) is still varied.
-and many untis,buildings,upgrades cost and stats changes.

HF!
« Last Edit: 5 May 2011, 03:21:22 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] v0.82a released.
« Reply #409 on: 5 May 2011, 06:02:33 »
Awesome! Looks good, although you might be missing a texture? Still works though.

Hopefully I'll have time to test it tomorrow, or at least on Friday!  :thumbup:

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 5 May 2011, 06:11:49 »
Awesome! Looks good, although you might be missing a texture? Still works though.

Hopefully I'll have time to test it tomorrow, or at least on Friday!  :thumbup:
Indeed, thx for notice that. I'll fix that later. take your time! :)

Japanese Faction Mod

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 9 May 2011, 23:25:06 »
Can you put this mod into its own techtree for the moment? By this we can add it to the download center.
We only can handle maps, scenarios and full tech trees at the moment  :(. If this repackaging is done is done I will happily add it to the download section!

Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #412 on: 9 May 2011, 23:28:50 »
Yeah just copy the resources of another techtree.  :)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 9 May 2011, 23:51:11 »
I will give detailed instructions how to package tomorrow ( too tired now )

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 10 May 2011, 23:38:54 »
( I splitted the topic because things were going offtopic here )
A description how to do it is now available here :
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=7102

In addition I added the japanese mod to the download section of MG now, so its available there.
( I removed some unused files using the MG commandline possibilities, I hope its ok )

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 11 May 2011, 06:49:39 »
( I splitted the topic because things were going offtopic here )
A description how to do it is now available here :
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=7102

In addition I added the japanese mod to the download section of MG now, so its available there.
( I removed some unused files using the MG commandline possibilities, I hope its ok )
Thank you! I'm glad to see my mod is in the DL menu!
but I tried to download the faction in Megaglest 3.5.1 an error occurs during the installing.

Seems downloading the archive itself went flawlessly, but there are some trouble in unpacking process.
I tried to download other mods but situation was same. but unpack the downloaded archive manually it worked without problem. my machine is windows XP.

also, could you change the faction description to this?
Japanese is a faction created by Hagekura. It is based on the Medieval "SENGOKU JIDAI(Warring-states period)" of Japan.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2011, 07:05:29 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #416 on: 11 May 2011, 07:07:14 »
I think others have had the problem before, it's related to 7-Zip not being installed I think. Something like that.

Yeah that description is much better. I think titi was just tired at midnight...

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 11 May 2011, 09:38:45 »
hi, I updated the info string.

One question about your install problem: You did not get any warning message about 7zip not beeing installed?
This would be a bug :( .

As far as I know all others who tested had no problems downloading/installing the mod.

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 11 May 2011, 16:25:21 »
Possibly there is a conflict between the version uploaded and the in-development version of the faction you have locally.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 12 May 2011, 14:34:12 »
I forgot to mention that I uploaded this mod to megaglest.org to be hosted. I had to repackage it to be in its own techtree. As long as we don't get too much traffic its ok there.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #420 on: 12 May 2011, 23:04:06 »
So titi and had a short but fun game. Here's my feedback:
  • Icons are awesome!
  • The castle building needs to be a bit taller, the worker is taller than the doorway.
  • Shinobi's bomb is now even more powerful?  :confused:
  • Shinobi's default attack should be the kunai, as it is always kills itself if not so...
  • I'm  :-\ about the new archer model.
And that's about it, for now...I think.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 12 May 2011, 23:51:09 »
hi, I updated the info string.

One question about your install problem: You did not get any warning message about 7zip not beeing installed?
This would be a bug :( .

As far as I know all others who tested had no problems downloading/installing the mod.
Thank you for updating the info!
and no... I didn't get warring massage about 7zip, also I've already installed 7zip(v9.2).
Another japanese one also mentioned that he couldn't install the mod.
He got an error message:
FAILED to download the tech:[japanese] using CURL version [7.21.3][failed to extract archive!]
as shown in the screenshot I posted.

Possibly there is a conflict between the version uploaded and the in-development version of the faction you have locally.
might no. I put my in-development japanese faction in megapack folder, also I removed it from the folder before install the mod for confirmation. I got same error in installing other mods(except maps).

So titi and had a short but fun game. Here's my feedback:
  • Icons are awesome!
  • The castle building needs to be a bit taller, the worker is taller than the doorway.
  • Shinobi's bomb is now even more powerful?  :confused:
  • Shinobi's default attack should be the kunai, as it is always kills itself if not so...
  • I'm  :-\ about the new archer model.
And that's about it, for now...I think.
Thank you for the feedback!

OK, I'll fix the castle model.
and wow, surely I senselessly made shinobi's bomb more powerful than previous version...
but to be honest I think the current bomb strength is appropriate for now it's more hard to hire shinobis...

I will set the shinobi's primary attack to kunai attack in next update.

Oh, you don't like the new archer's model...?  :'(
Would you not like his cap by any chance? if so, I will remove his cap and make his looks more like previous archer model.

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #422 on: 13 May 2011, 00:03:05 »
Hmm...I downloaded Japanese from the MDC successfully today.
but to be honest I think the current bomb strength is appropriate for now it's more hard to hire shinobis...
What do you mean? It's not that hard.

Oh, you don't like the new archer's model...?  :'(
Would you not like his cap by any chance? if so, I will remove his cap and make his looks more like previous archer model.
Actually I do think it's a good model, but it's kinda awkward/weird with no "head turning" when attacking... :P

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 13 May 2011, 14:24:48 »
Well, now you have to build Barracks, Daimyo yashiki, and conduct upgrade before you hire shinobi. plus to blow up castles requires at least 4~6 shinobis, I think it is quite a work to prepare the number of shinobis... :|
but surely current bomb strength is a bit excess, I admit. I will lower the bomb strength in next update, probably around 1000~1200.

Actually I do think it's a good model, but it's kinda awkward/weird with no "head turning" when attacking... :P
I felt relieved to hear that. :O yeah that's true. I will fix the attacking animation.

PS: I had misconception about the bomb damage. Bomb damage have already weakened in Current release(v082). for reference: the bomb damage was 1350~1750 in v0.81, and now it's 750~1350(v082).
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 16:31:52 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #424 on: 13 May 2011, 23:37:15 »
Well that amount of work is very similar to other strategies too. It's also not really bad because it's only ideal to bomb your opponent's (probably CPU, not human because they will eventually see through this tactic) base after they start attacking your base again. That should be enough to produce 10 ninjas with several barracks and for their regen to be full. I'll try to test this the next time.
PS: I had misconception about the bomb damage. Bomb damage have already weakened in Current release(v082). for reference: the bomb damage was 1350~1750 in v0.81, and now it's 750~1350(v082).
You must have raised it last time. I remember talking about lowering it during the earlier versions, and I'm pretty sure we did. Even though bombs are powerful, I think we need to find another way and etc...or else it'll be no fun sometimes.  :-X

anything