Author Topic: Imperial 2 tech tree (***Full Release*****)  (Read 82565 times)

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
Re: Imperial Faction (***Full Release*****)
« Reply #175 on: 13 April 2011, 20:01:12 »
Very well done! :thumbup:
hmn I love this faction's artworks! well united and has really good atmosphere!

Lovely cityscape!

And wow now AI can build garrisons. How did you resolved it? but seems AI still hardly build war factories and aeronautical-facilities. (I might mistake, need further test).
btw I think Imperial faction should start with at least 1 tavern. currently Imperial starts with food gain minus.
and citizens can't repair taverns. is it intended?

« Last Edit: 13 April 2011, 20:08:13 by Hagekura »
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Mr War

« Reply #176 on: 13 April 2011, 20:15:29 »
thanks man, yeah that city looks great.

I will add a tavern to the starting line up, should have realized that. To make it build Garrisons I made it so that you cannot build a generator until after you've built a garrison. But it seems to only want to build generators. I think I'll remove the energy resource needs from the faction and change the generator into a steam mill or something, as an alternative to the tavern.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2011, 20:33:50 by Mr War »

Mr War

« Reply #177 on: 14 April 2011, 21:00:48 »
Alpha playable MG version DOWNLOAD HERE <comes as faction folder only, unzip into factions folder of Megapack or whatever

I just played a couple of games online using this file so pretty comfortable that it'll work.

I removed the ships, and made the following gameplay/AI optimising changes since GAE release yesterday:
  • Imperial starts with a tavern
  • Generator no longer produces energy (and war factory doesn't need energy). War Factory still requires generator. May replace taverns with generators and food with energy but that'll take time to implement
  • Kite fighter now has air-ground capability and costs more (basically as per ornithopter)

Gameplay and balancing feedback welcome. Pls specify MG or GAE

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #178 on: 14 April 2011, 23:10:46 »
Alright, I've begun to test this faction :) First thought is that you need a building to host wood...
I'm testing the MG version first because titi tested the GAE version and he said ultra didn't produce a lot of units, might make sense since MG's AI is a bit improved/harder, but I don't want to play against a mega. I'll still try though, but later...
Nice models though! With MG the AI is really aggressive compared to the other factions though  :-X

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #179 on: 14 April 2011, 23:49:26 »
and thats fun!
Yes, I had some trouble with the GAE version. I played vs an ultra but it did not create any tank or airplane! Just normal soldiers and he was very weak. Not shure if this is a GAE or mod problem. But I know thats its always much more easy to win in GAE than in MG.

In MG the AI is really evil with this mod  :O :O If you want to see many tanks and airplanes in a battle use it :)
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #180 on: 15 April 2011, 00:05:21 »
I ran it in GAE 0.4 beta.

It crashed, here's the error file:
Code: [Select]
Glest Advanced Engine: Error log file.

XML Error in techs/great_empires/factions/imperial/units/citizen:
Node "buildings" doesn't have 4 children named  "building"

Tree: buildings (building building building unit )
techs/great_empires/factions/imperial/units/packed_trebuchet: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/great_empires/factions/imperial/units/packed_up_trebuchet: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/great_empires/factions/imperial/units/trebuchet: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/great_empires/factions/tech/units/swordman: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/great_empires/factions/tech/units/technician: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/great_empires/factions/tech/units/technician: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
XML Error in techs/great_empires/factions/tech/units/worker:
Node "repaired-units" doesn't have 8 children named  "unit"

Tree: repaired-units (unit unit building unit unit unit unit unit )
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Mr War

« Reply #181 on: 15 April 2011, 09:35:40 »
Thanks man. It should work in GAE0.3.2

I might make a 0.4 version when it's stable with transports and cloaking but then again I may be too deep into my next mod:-)

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 15 April 2011, 22:29:11 »
Thanks for putting in the effort to give the community another new faction  :thumbup:

I'm gonna make some island maps for air/naval combat with these factions  :)
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #183 on: 15 April 2011, 23:30:38 »
Now that is is final, you COULD come join the Constellus Team. ;D
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Ishmaru

• Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #184 on: 16 April 2011, 04:21:33 »
Congrats on finishing mod! Defiantly wana try when I get the chance! :thumbup:
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #185 on: 16 April 2011, 07:14:57 »
Final? Can't you just make a building to be able to store wood? Then it would be an awesome final for me :P
I'm currently having problems with addons...but this doesn't work in 0.4? I guess I'll just record the MG version then, someday. I'll need a bit of practice though, it's really hard to beat them.
edit: nevermind the war factory does store wood...god it's really hard recording anything when the AI always beats you. Using MG it was hard with ultra 2x and 1.5x. :/

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #186 on: 16 April 2011, 21:41:24 »
I think some of the units are a bit too large, almost all of them are slow, and tanks and knights don't make much sense together, to me.
[Fixed some stuff...-Ultifd.]
« Last Edit: 16 April 2011, 21:47:38 by ultifd »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Gabbe

« Reply #187 on: 16 April 2011, 22:20:25 »
steampunk in general doesnt`t make so much sence, in general, either.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #188 on: 17 April 2011, 03:35:15 »
I agree with some units being a bit large...or perhaps some of the buildings.
Hmm...this mod needs more use of stone. Do you also think you can create a wiki page for it? Thanks.

Mr War

« Reply #189 on: 17 April 2011, 10:37:11 »
Thanks guys, I'm making tweaks like using more stone and making buildings store more resources.

Im mixing steampunk and medieval influences so I have tanks but they are very basic and steam powered, not like modern tanks

How do I set up a wiki?
« Last Edit: 17 April 2011, 10:58:18 by Mr War »

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #190 on: 17 April 2011, 12:10:42 »
How do I set up a wiki?

Here you go man  ;)
https://docs.megaglest.org/Imperial

It's only basic as I don't know all the info, and I figured out I can't change the info box template to include two versions of the mod. Since the MG version is still in Alpha, I thought it was reasonable to put the GAE version there.

I sense Omega will come here soon and tell you to make pages for each individual unit, which I suggest you do too.  :P
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 18:09:45 by filux »

Mr War

« Reply #191 on: 17 April 2011, 20:11:56 »
thanks man

updated tech tree

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #192 on: 17 April 2011, 20:15:18 »
Adding more info...first I'm trying to add a disambiguation template.  :-X Edit: wow...there's already one created...

Mr War

« Reply #193 on: 17 April 2011, 20:40:54 »
New MegaGlest beta, with many tweaks and corrections. Feedback welcome

Download HERE

List of main tweaks:
* Citizen can repair Tavern
* War Factory and Aeronautical Facilities can store wood/stone. This also fixed AI issues re building War Factories
* War Machine and Matilda armor made weaker, and Matilda's changed to Wood (for MG only as GAE version has Tech Tank to counter Matilda). This makes war machine weaker than Tech Battle Machine, but Matilda still slightly stronger
* Kite Fighter has air-ground capability. Cost increased to equal Ornithopter
* Nothing produces or uses energy but Generator still required as prerequisite for War Factory

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #194 on: 18 April 2011, 02:51:23 »
Glest Wiki
First of all, the Glest Wiki is the first result when googling "glest mods" and many other varieties of Glest, so is the best place to have your mod hosted, as it will outperform this forum board, modDB, and the Glest Guide. It is also more customizable than the board, allowing some HTML codes and boasting a lighter color scheme.

The Wiki uses the exact same syntax as Wikipedia, and pretty much all wikipedia code will work on the Wiki, plus more, such as image galleries and other things that Wikia added on. I would recommend http://help.wikia.com/ for learning how to edit, as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents. The wiki also has a WYSIWYG editor (What you see is what you get - similar to how a word processor works), though I would advise using the code view if you can, especially with tables, as the WYSIWYG editor tends to add unnecessary code sometimes and has limitations with templates and the finer attributes of images.

At any rate, regardless of how you choose to edit, I advise taking a look at the UNATF faction pages, as it is the only completely documented faction so far (faction, resources, units, upgrades, and attack/armor types), though Magitech and Constellus are partially completed as well. It would be a good idea to try and maintain at least a little bit of consistency. Your page has already been started, and as the faction and techtree have the same name, the "Imperial" page is a disambiguation page. If basing off the Military page, don't worry about the navbox at the very bottom. That's a rather complex bit of coding that has the potential to go terribly wrong, and I will add them myself to every completed mod documentation.

How easily editing the wiki will go will depend on how much you've used other wikis and wikipedia. In all honesty, wikipedia is a huge role model for the wiki, though we are not wikipedia, and do not require references or fully encyclopedic writing, though a neutral point of view is a must. Glest:Policies may also be of use, as well as Glest:Style guide.

I sense Omega will come here soon and tell you to make pages for each individual unit, which I suggest you do too.  :P
Technically, you said it first, so I don't have to, though I will anyway. Of course, focus on fleshing out the faction and techtree pages first, as they are the most important.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 18:02:18 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #195 on: 18 April 2011, 02:56:31 »
My thoughts:
  • gold probably shouldn't be included for the Aeronautical Facilities. (Just makes it too easy I think)
  • I guess stone is OK.
  • Wood is fine, of course.
  • And Kite Fighter's cost is the same...(Which is good, IMO.)
  • Due the size of your buildings and how some maps are kinda small with the gold, stone, and wood; the cpus die of lack of food...They don't seem to produce taverns because of that.
  • Trebuchet has a requirement of one stone. How is it supposed to work? It usually never works for me...doesn't attack.

I don't know if this is different in GAE, but at least in MG the Garrison really serves no purpose. Most people just build it only to get war factories. The melee units are no match for the kite fighters and the other units. I think we need to find a better way for this...(BTW it says "produce 'kite'" not kite fighter in MG.)

I sense Omega will come here soon and tell you to make pages for each individual unit, which I suggest you do too.  :P
Technically, you said it first, so I don't have to, though I will anyway. Of course, focus on fleshing out the faction and techtree pages first, as they are the most important.
Eh, you need to start putting (Military) or the UN thing on your units Omega. It's going to be annoying for others when they have tanks and such...

Please use the MG G3D Viewer to take transparent screenshots of the models.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #196 on: 18 April 2011, 04:45:00 »
Hi I've played this faction's new beta of MG version. very fun. :thumbup:

Indeed japanese and imperial are nice combination. :O

I think matilda tank should require at least 8 or more kills to level up. currently matilda promotes to elite so easily.

@ultifd
I agree that Aeronautical Facilities shouldn't have gold storage.
Trebuchet cannot shoot while they are packed. you have to unpack(morph) them before bombard enemy.
but I think their packing/unpacking speed is a bit slow. which makes them inconvenience.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #197 on: 18 April 2011, 05:33:46 »
@Matilda suggestion, I agree. Maybe even 10! :P Not sure. I just know the MG version needs fixing somehow. Ultras are like Megas! Don't know about megas and normals though...  :angel:

@Trebuchet, I know. It doesn't seem to attack and it seems to get stuck too.  :| It worked a few times, though. I don't think their unpacking or packing speed is slow though, it seems normal to me. So it's pretty useful if it works, I think.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #198 on: 18 April 2011, 08:53:35 »
I'm getting this error with the MegaGlest variant, latest available version:

[2011-04-18 01:30:47] *ERROR* In [[redacted]/megaglest-trunk/source/shared_lib/sources/graphics/model.cpp::loadMeshTexture Line: 431] Error v4 model is missing texture [techs/megapack/factions/imperial/units/war_machine/models/destroyed.tga] textureFlags = 1 meshIndex = 19 textureIndex = 0

Sorry for my depressing comments earlier, I am always happy about nicely made new mods, it's just that it doesn't meet my personal taste in some aspects. But many of the models are impressive, I do like the bigger of the two air vehicles a lot for its looks.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Mr War

« Reply #199 on: 18 April 2011, 18:41:41 »

@Trebuchet, I know. It doesn't seem to attack and it seems to get stuck too.  :| It worked a few times, though. I don't think their unpacking or packing speed is slow though, it seems normal to me. So it's pretty useful if it works, I think.
the trebuchet is a tactically complex weapon. It has incredible range but is difficult to position and hard to defend. It can see only 1/3 of it's range so it doesn't auto attack much. It's range is so great that you can snipe at enemy workers and sentries without them seeing it. 

But in a 1:1 with a tech catapult it'd lose

I just added a biological attack to it for next MG beta :o

anything