Author Topic: Imperial 2 tech tree (***Full Release*****)  (Read 82661 times)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Imperial Faction (***Full Release*****)
« Reply #200 on: 18 April 2011, 18:56:18 »
[the trebuchet is a tactically complex weapon. It has incredible range but is difficult to position and hard to defend. It can see only 1/3 of it's range so it doesn't auto attack much. It's range is so great that you can snipe at enemy workers and sentries without them seeing it. 
Yeah, I know. It's not that hard to defend it though :P All you need to do is hide it behind something or hide it near their base, I guess.
It just doesn't attack for me...I'll try again today.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #201 on: 18 April 2011, 19:16:57 »
I've played another games with imperial and I have experienced the trebuchet issue also.
In my case unpacked trebuchet couldn't pack again.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #202 on: 18 April 2011, 19:22:33 »
Yep, I don't know if this applies in GAE. (Hagekura maybe we should play a game together? :P)
Yes, sometimes they can't pack. I've also found that you can't pack more than one at once...And if you select a unit to attack, and then unit is killed by something else they are stuck that way too.

Mr War

« Reply #203 on: 18 April 2011, 20:11:57 »
MegaGlest beta-3 uploaded. DOWNLOAD HERE

* Added Bowman to Imperial. just re-skinned Tech archer. Found that playing Tech AI-Mega against Imperial AI-Mega that Tech wins in the end if the Imperial AI builds too many Kites - massed archers kill kites easily. This also works Imperial against imperial.
* Added Biological attack for Trebuchet - might amuse  ;)
* Corrected War Machine texture issue
* Increased Elite requirements for Matilda to 9 kills
* Changed many small things

Once we have a full release in MG I plan to port the updates back to the GAE version.

I'm getting this error with the MegaGlest variant, latest available version:

[2011-04-18 01:30:47] *ERROR* In [[redacted]/megaglest-trunk/source/shared_lib/sources/graphics/model.cpp::loadMeshTexture Line: 431] Error v4 model is missing texture [techs/megapack/factions/imperial/units/war_machine/models/destroyed.tga] textureFlags = 1 meshIndex = 19 textureIndex = 0
I think that's a Linux problem man, should be solved now.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2011, 20:17:16 by Mr War »

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #204 on: 18 April 2011, 20:19:52 »
Don't you mean beta2? And for the final release it should be in a "mydata" format.
I really don't think it's ready to be a final though. Have you tried playing against an ultra?  :-X

Mr War

« Reply #205 on: 18 April 2011, 21:25:18 »
Screenshots - AI player base-building

(click to show/hide)

Testing my trebuchet on some unsuspecting peasants from the next village
(click to show/hide)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #206 on: 18 April 2011, 21:34:37 »
I just know the MG version needs fixing somehow. Ultras are like Megas! Don't know about megas and normals though...  :angel:
I don't see how that's a bad thing. The AI doesn't have to play the same, and you shouldn't expect to win against an ultra without experience.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #207 on: 18 April 2011, 21:37:07 »
I just know the MG version needs fixing somehow. Ultras are like Megas! Don't know about megas and normals though...  :angel:
I don't see how that's a bad thing. The AI doesn't have to play the same, and you shouldn't expect to win against an ultra without experience.
If you try it yourself, you'll understand. The AI has never been this aggressive. It shouldn't be, either. This isn't about experience or whatever...and yes I always expect to win against an ultra :D always beatable, besides with Imperial.

Mr War, try playing on ally resist. You'll see that they die of lack of food...this happened on conflict too.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 18 April 2011, 23:50:27 »
What are those things on top of the trebuchet? Dead cows?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #209 on: 18 April 2011, 23:54:18 »
Yep. I believe it's best not to show pics with anything other than tech or imperial though...on the wiki at least.

Mr War

« Reply #210 on: 19 April 2011, 22:16:33 »
yeah the target of the cows is Egyptian Faction from Megapack. I hope no one minds man.

Uploaded another MG beta (4) DOWNLOAD HERE

I think I solved the AI aggression

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #211 on: 19 April 2011, 22:21:19 »
Please explain how. If you really did then that's awesome! (And for the final mg release you should probably upload it to dropbox so it can be listed in the MDC.)  ;D

Mr War

« Reply #212 on: 20 April 2011, 10:00:00 »
My mod is closely analogous to the Tech faction man. So infantry are basically the same. My mod mod lacked the blacksmith and many upgrades. That was deliberate but it means that the computer spends all it's resources on units sooner because it's spending less on buildings and upgrades. So I added Tech infantry upgrades and made them triggered from garrison so now the AI does that rather then produce infantry early on. I might increase the upgrades cost to offset not building a backsmith

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #213 on: 20 April 2011, 19:30:58 »
Oh...wow. Can't believe I didn't think of that before.

Mr War

« Reply #214 on: 20 April 2011, 19:41:29 »
seems to work  ;D

do you think it's acceptible standard to release as a 'full' MG faction now? Once MG is released I intend to do a quick and dirty retro-update to the GAE version but leaving in ships and Tech Faction  :-\

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #215 on: 20 April 2011, 19:44:28 »
It has already been released... ;)
Not now, let us do some testing first. When you do update it though, it has to be in mydata format and it should probably be in dropbox I guess. I'll give more info on that later...

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 20 April 2011, 19:46:52 »
This is more a question for titi, he is away for a bit, so need to wait for his return.

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 20 April 2011, 19:47:38 »
http://www.youtube.com/user/UltiFD <-- /me waits impatiently for a taster ;)

Mr War

« Reply #218 on: 20 April 2011, 19:49:40 »
This is more a question for titi, he is away for a bit, so need to wait for his return.
ha! See even simple minds sometimes think like the great! I just PMd Titi asking permission to release as an add-in to MegaPack tech tree rather than releasing as a whole tech tree which just duplicates so much of the megapack (resources, tech tree xml, Tech faction...)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #219 on: 20 April 2011, 19:51:01 »
Well, if this is going to be released with the right license and format, I think it would be OK with titi and tomreyn could do it too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/UltiFD <-- /me waits impatiently for a taster ;)
Me too! Cept there isn't anyone to test with, basically.
ha! See even simple minds sometimes think like the great! I just PMd Titi asking permission to release as an add-in to MegaPack tech tree rather than releasing as a whole tech tree which just duplicates so much of the megapack (resources, tech tree xml, Tech faction...)
It's better if it's separate, trust me. Titi won't be back till May 4 and etc...

Mr War

« Reply #220 on: 21 April 2011, 20:40:53 »
Uploaded a 'full' MegaGlest tech tree with Imperial, Tech and magic here http://www.mediafire.com/?zy2oqs0kg5l5nt3 (also in first post).

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 22 April 2011, 20:04:13 »
hey, I'm playing it!  Great!

The AI in MG seems a lot better.  Still haven't seen it build a war factory though.

Can't beat mega Romans - anyone got any tips?

And why can't it be in the megapack techtree even if its a separate download?  I had to move it around to play against other factions.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #222 on: 11 May 2011, 00:30:32 »
This fun mod is now available in the MG ingame download section!!
I had to upload it to megaglest.org because we need a direct download to make it work and I removed unused files with the MG commandline options, I hope thats ok.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #223 on: 11 May 2011, 22:08:36 »
Mr War, under which terms are you making this faction available? I was looking for some, but could find anything. All I could find is that you seem to have at least considered to include prior works which are licensed under CC-BY-SA...
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Mr War

« Reply #224 on: 11 May 2011, 22:14:59 »
Thanks Titi

tomreyn, my own work comes with no restrictions, call it your own for all I care. It does include re-skinned tech faction models for infantry.

anything