Author Topic: Aztecs  (Read 45227 times)

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
Re: Aztecs
« Reply #25 on: 9 February 2011, 16:16:24 »
Ill post a few. The stake statue is an anti air unit.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Zoythrus

« Reply #26 on: 9 February 2011, 16:24:06 »
so, the snake statue is the air ballista equivalent? well, if the buildings have an arrow attack, that would make them AA already. (in short, an AA-only defense would just be white noise)

in a game that i played (AoE3), the Jaguar warrior was an elite melee unit and the Eagle warrior was an elite ranged unit; i think you should follow that pattern, because it worked really well.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 February 2011, 06:19:30 »
Do you think its fine that I have jaguar instead of jaguar warrior? Or should it be a guy?

Zoythrus

« Reply #28 on: 10 February 2011, 06:23:19 »
Do you think its fine that I have jaguar instead of jaguar warrior? Or should it be a guy?

the guy, definitely! if it was just a jaguar, it wouldnt look right at all (unless the jaguar was a totally new unit, like an anti-inf unit that sucks against buildings)

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 February 2011, 06:31:57 »
I want the jaguar animal so it is sort of like the horseman, think thats ok?

Zoythrus

« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2011, 06:36:16 »
yeah, but the jaguar warrior is a staple of the Aztecs, it's almost blasphemy not to include them! and the Aztecs are naturally speedy, so they need no cavalry.

Mr War

« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2011, 06:44:00 »
Aztecs didn't have horses and in reality they warriors wherent any faster. You could compensate by making some aztec infantry units a bit faster but none as fast as being on a horse

Also Aztecs had the obvious disadvantage that their concept of warfare didn't involve killing enemies, rather capturing them for sacrifice. Those damn Spanish invaders cheated by using weapons designed to kill

Zoythrus

« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2011, 06:46:51 »
well, in battle, not everyone who was struck down was spared for sacrifice, most were killed (the survivors were taken back to the temples).

as an ingame disadvantage, they should have no cavalry (or anything that fits that role). all infantry can move a tad faster than the average troop, but that's it! (anything else would be stupid)

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2011, 07:03:33 »
A fantasy angle - being able to summon clouds firing lightning bolts and other mythical beasts would make for a fun-to-play and very different faction perhaps.

Zoythrus

« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2011, 07:33:46 »
isnt the Coatl fantasy enough?

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2011, 08:01:56 »

Why not have them be able to morph into his animal  ;)
Or would the AI not handle that?

Zoythrus

« Reply #36 on: 10 February 2011, 16:03:50 »
silnarm is going to include a feature where you can merge 2 units into 1, so if you got a basic troop and a jaguar, you could merge them into a Jaguar Warrior (with a nice animation of the guy slaying and skinning the jaguar ;) )

Gabbe

« Reply #37 on: 10 February 2011, 16:27:48 »
WHat zoythrus said would be really cool if the soldier also took some damage when slayed the jaguar and then needed some(thing/one) to heal it up again.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 February 2011, 17:32:54 »
Yah, and how about that for an eagle too.

Zoythrus

« Reply #39 on: 10 February 2011, 17:53:12 »
Yah, and how about that for an eagle too.
the problem with that is that one eagle does not have enough skin for a human-sized costume. the Eagle outfit was a costume that was a representation of an eagle, not a real eagle. (not too sure if the jaguar warrior's costume was a real jag, or if it was a representation of a jag)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10 February 2011, 19:50:06 »
the problem with that is that one eagle does not have enough skin for a human-sized costume.
Then think of it as the warrior merging with the spirit of the animal or something.  It doesn't have to make sense scientifically.

Zoythrus

« Reply #41 on: 10 February 2011, 20:15:24 »
the problem with that is that one eagle does not have enough skin for a human-sized costume.
Then think of it as the warrior merging with the spirit of the animal or something.  It doesn't have to make sense scientifically.

i was kinda wanting the coatl to be as fantasy as we go....but whatever.....

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 February 2011, 06:56:57 »
Some shots:

Tununias

« Reply #43 on: 11 February 2011, 07:02:04 »
i say that all buildings should have an arrow attack. no "official" defense tower, all the buildings would contribute to defense. (its new, original, and is nothing like the Tech or the Magic!)
Ok, good idea! Not all of them will attack (like the garden) but most will. and you will need to upgrade something for them to start being able to attack.
well, that's what i meant (i mean, it'd be stupid if the garden had an attack....).

so, what's the Snake Statue do?
(and do you have any pics of the mod yet?)
But it would be cool if the garden attacked. It could fire rotten vegetables.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #44 on: 11 February 2011, 08:01:22 »
Some shots:

They looks nice. :) I like the garden and face paints of the guys.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Zoythrus

« Reply #45 on: 12 February 2011, 00:36:25 »
you realize, hage, that only the buildings have really changed. the face-painted dudes are from the old Aztec mod.....

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #46 on: 12 February 2011, 01:23:10 »
Yeah, needs more better and unique models on the humanoid (and even non-humoid) models.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Zoythrus

« Reply #47 on: 12 February 2011, 01:37:08 »
i noticed that you have a mask in the building, that's not Aztec style at all, and it needs to go....

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #48 on: 12 February 2011, 02:20:28 »
you realize, hage, that only the buildings have really changed. the face-painted dudes are from the old Aztec mod.....
ï¼¥xactly...  :-[ Now I remember that.

I think the buildings are moderately good, but I feel they look a bit plain, It'll be good you make them a little more complex and add some more props.
I agree to omega that they should have more diversity in the humanoid models. It seems eliminator heavy uses to single model for many of his faction's human models.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Zoythrus

« Reply #49 on: 12 February 2011, 02:25:59 »
I think the buildings are moderately good, but I feel they look a bit plain, It'll be good you make them a little more complex and add some more props.
I agree to omega that they should have more diversity in the humanoid models. It seems eliminator heavy uses to single model for many of his faction's human models.

agreed