Author Topic: RELEASE 3 IS OUT!!! LINUX, PC, OSX!  (Read 169899 times)

Mr War

Re: Annex: BETA 2 IS OUT!!! LINUX, PC, OSX!
« Reply #425 on: 27 March 2012, 15:41:17 »
That was my plan but open minded. In my head astromarines is a very unimaginative military faction, cool in a gung ho napalm in the morning way but not fancy - raw firepower before cleverness

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #426 on: 27 March 2012, 16:18:58 »
That was my plan but open minded. In my head astromarines is a very unimaginative military faction, cool in a gung ho napalm in the morning way but not fancy - raw firepower before cleverness

That's fine :)  I was just saying that I saw that unit more of an RTO than a "hero". More like a standard soldier who was given the task of pointing out targets for orbital cannon. By hero I mean an individual with a name, or codename uniqe to themselves. (Yes "falcon" is her name though I'm thinking to change it to "kestral" as it sounds better) and someone who a story could be about. Did I make any sense?
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

wyvern

« Reply #427 on: 27 March 2012, 19:20:56 »
Alright, I've slacked enough, so heres a basic tech tree, so far, I feel that I want my infantry to be weaker in general but have some better support options that can dig in, I want the faction to be slower, with inferior infantry, but generally superior armored vehicles.
Buildings:
HQ-Produces Buildozers, "Last Sight", does tech upgrades
Barracks-Infantry training ground, produces soldiers, shocktroopers, tank busters, engineers and scouts, as well as HMG's, mortars, Cannons and a light tank and self propelled light RCL cannon.
Factory-Builds Excavator infantry support vehicles, Drak tanks, "arty can" assault guns, silent Death tank destroyers and Gilgamesh heavy tanks.
Supply depot-same or similar to the current alliance faction storage building.
Research Facility: researches upgrades(to be decided)
Airfield-Builds AOP, Screaming Eagle Fighters, and Demon Attack planes.

Defences:
Pillbox-mg in bunker
Tank Turret-tank turret emplacement based on the Drak tank.
Several support weapons can dig in for added defense.
Units:
Buildozer-Builds and harvests.
Infantry:
Soldier-sort of like Grunt, but weaker weapon and HP can be upgraded to carry a single shot short range rocket longer on a slow EP recharge.
Shocktrooper-better then soldier in many ways but more expensive.
Engineer-Armed with SMG that is great at short range, good armor(for infantry) and a flamethrower.
Scout-Sniper unit with long range weapon and good speed, doesn't have one shot kills but can do great long range damage over time.
Flak Gunner-armed with a pistol and SAM launcher, reasonably weak but does good damage to aircraft, can be used against tanks for lower range and damage.
Infantry Support Weapons:
HMG-like minigun, but slower firing and moving in base form, when dug in, has great HP and better ROF(rate of fire) can also shoot against aircraft.
Cannon-Slower moving howitzer, gives infantry a better chance against tanks, can dig into a gun pit to be placed in a cruciform mount
Mortar-like alliance mortar, but once again, inferior range and damage but better ROF, can be dug in for greater defense.
Vehicles:
Tiny Tim light tank-weak tank thats roughly equal to IFV, better base weapon and armor but no rockets and worse speed can shoot anti air.
Spider SPRCL-reccoilless gun on underarmored chassis, poor armor, HP, ROF, and speed but great range and damage for early game, can deploy for better health and ROF.
Drak Tank-good medium tank with good armor, gun and health but low speed, also more expensive. has a small one shot flamethrower that takes forever to recharge.
Excavator support vehicle-based on the Drak chassis, has machineguns and can shoot against aircraft and infantry, can repair tanks, maybe make defenses and if possible in MG, give infantry a buff.
"Arty Can"-SP gun on Drak chassis, great gun, better armor, but slow and gun can be a waste against infantry, mostly meant against buildings and in a pinch, other tanks.
Silent Death TD-Also based on Drak Chassis, long gun and AAMG for self defense, horribly weak against infantry but eats tanks for breakfast.
Gilgamesh heavy tank-(hopefully) best tank in game, very expensive and slow but great gun and armor, as well as self defense light cannons to mow down infantry, vaguely looks like Tiger (P) model.
AOP-obseration plane, can fight and do light bombing but mostly just for scouting, otherwise crappy.
Screaming Eagle-Fighter, not particularly great but good in large numbers, best for this armies air defense
Demon-Attack plane, sort of like A-10 and devastating but slow and relatively easy to shoot down due to inadequate air-to-air ability
"Last Sight"-Lieutnant Ostrovich's personal modified Gilgamesh tank, very expensive with two special EP base attacks, a charge attack to crush infantry by running them over and a sniping attack that one shot KO's most vehicles, however, he is only one tank and extremely expensive so not a game changer on his own, just like the air/orbital strike isn't.
I know its a long list, and I might be putting the engineer and tank buster infantry into one class. However. the medium tanks are all on one chassis so pretty easy to make. I'll post pics soon, I even have a back story for the tank ace and why he is a terror for enemies.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2012, 19:16:29 by Wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #428 on: 28 March 2012, 00:26:44 »
Code: [Select]
http://imageshack.us/g/521/topost.jpg/This is a picture of Ostrovich's "Last Sight II" Once I finish some textures, I'll post pictures of basic Gilgamesh tanks and all the other vehicles. Ostrovich's tank is nearly identical to a normal Gilgamesh other then the double barreled hull 23mm cannon, single roof hatch and "Arty Can" style range finders on the turret. He also utilizes APDSHE ammunition to ensure that no matter how poor the penetration is, it will always wipe out the enemy tank and its crew. Lastly, he has a modified engine that lets his tank go from horribly slow, to just slow :). My backstory for him is basically that he joined the army as a common infantryman but due to a great competence in leadership, he swiftly rose in the ranks and when he requested a transfer to tank command, it was immediately accepted. He commanded the 5 man Drak medium tank, which he called the "Last Sight", due to the crews joke that it would be the last thing the enemy will ever see. This joke soon became reality, as the crew proved to be one of the most capable in the whole Mordovian Army. It came as a shock however, when he was ambushed, and his tank shot out from him by Alliance rocket troopers in an ambush around a large deposit of tall crystals providing perfect concealment. The next time, he wouldn't make such a mistake. Within a week, he was back in a new Gilgamesh tank, fresh off the assembly lines, and he named it the "Last Sight II" in respect to his last tank. He also added the "Death's Tankers" emblem to represent which squadron he was now part of. In a week, he had wiped out 20 enemy vehicles, including several from the newly arrived astro marines troops, who had just recently begun landing their equipment. His finest moment arrived when he turned the battle of three companies into the slaughter of three companies. One of the Alliance's villages was critically situated near a rich crystal deposit and the Mordovians knew that, if they were to advance, it had to be captured. The village was poorly defended, but already, armored columns from all other factions in the area, even the in-experienced shadow troops had struck out to secure the village for themselves. Without waiting for anyone else, Ostrovich warmed up his tank, and drove off into the nights chill, even as the stars above seemed to wink out one by one. As he crossed a hill, he saw the shadow detachment ahead, fighting the astro marines and scattered alliance tanks throughout the village, driving them back and pushing their inexorable advance onward. Like a bolt of Steel, the "Last Sight" ploughed into the assembling Shadow troops blasting apart the tanks and gunning down the infantry, leaving no survivors in its wake. A scorpion tried to deploy, but it was too late, as the 60 ton Gilgamesh smashed into it head on, grinding it under squealing treads, up ahead, the beleaguered astro marines gave a cheer, seconds before one of their Ram tanks was torn asunder by a 130mm round from the Last Sights cannons, now the situation was desperate and the astro marines broke, their famous will to fight to the last blown away by the onslaught of the heavy tank, a lone RPG trooper fired, but the round had no effect, seconds later, he was cut in half by a 23mm shell. Less then 30minutes after ploughing into the Shadow Organizations rearguard, Ostrovich had vanished, having destroyed nearly 20 vehicles and killing dozens of infantry men. A defense against this threat was swiftly organized, as, in great desperation, the remaining Shadow, Marine and Alliance troops banded together to stop this menace, their pleas for air support were turned down, since no commander would risk his planes at night, they would have to last until morning against a shadowy and merciless opponent in an incomparably superior vehicle. The defense was badly coordinated and the first reports of Ostrovich's reappearance came when he smashed through an abandoned house to blast apart some patrolling rattlesnakes. Before help could arrive, the 60 ton beast had dissappeared, leaving a mess behind it. The next report came when an infantry patrol, walking along a side road, suddenly heard a creaking sound coming from an uncertain location. They spun around, looking down the road for the tank they knew must come, but they didn't look over the 4meter hill the road was on. The Last Sight burst over the top, deflecting rifle rounds from its floor armor as it smashed into the desperate infantrymen, running them down in seconds. So, the night wore on, until morning came, and Ostrovich was finally out of ammo, so, in a last act of contempt, he steamrollered the barricade out of the village, ran down two more scorpions and an IFV in his path before heading off down the road. One hour later, the village was in Mordavian hands, the defenders had all scattered, leaving behind nearly 50 vehicles and having suffered nearly 50% casualties to the lone tank.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 16:20:36 by filux »

MightyMic

• Technician
  • To mod, or not to mod...
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 28 March 2012, 01:56:12 »
Hey guys, I was just thinking about the mines you mentioned it your post. Right before I read that, I was like "It would be awesome if they could make claymores." and then I saw that you were (maybe) planning on mines! I think the way to do it would be to have it's attack (ie blowing up) cost it's max hp and therefore die (Basically a one time turret). You guys probably already know this, but I just wanted to say I think it would be awesome! :thumbup: 

wyvern

« Reply #430 on: 28 March 2012, 02:14:18 »
Well, I'll try it, but the main problem is, that in a mod like this, the mine is always visible, which it wouldn't be in real life, so in this game, you can just shoot the mine, something that should be extremely difficult and unlikely. Thats why I put maybe, I have the model done, but until MG gets cloaking, or it merges with GAE(hint, hint) its extremely difficult to make mines.

MightyMic

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 28 March 2012, 03:37:36 »
I was thinking about that as well. Though if you made it pretty unnoticeable it would only be a problem against the CPU... or you could give it a separate armor so that bullets don't hurt it but mortars/bombs/explosives do. It'll be tricky because the AI might just sit there firing at the mine until either you come along or a rocket grunt comes along... :confused: a cloaking unit would be easiest...

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #432 on: 28 March 2012, 04:26:30 »
Ok so Mines are a really bad idea on a few levels, yes cloaking reasons, and yes ai will target them automatically, but also because each mine is a "unit" normally this is not a problem, however in annex case it is. This is due to the fact Annex's gameplay speed allows you to have much larger armies then megaglest much faster. The engine (mg) was never made to support gigantic armies, and simultaneously having mines, generally a cheap and spam-able defense will quickly overwhelm a computers resources when coupled with your standard units and structures. So i dont think its a good idea even if we did have stealth capabilities. Besides Hp Cost tag doesn't work so mine wouldn't kill itself unless it has a splash radius, and even then its not 100% fool proof.

So first off thank you for making your faction Wyvern! So about your plans here are my feed back:
(click to show/hide)

I think your tech tree is a bit too massive. Or at least it sounds like it in a wall of text :P maybe a chart will make it seem more reasonable :)
Also its really hard to judge without a drawn out tech tree as i cant see things like prerequisites or how late early units are available.

Why can Light Tanks and Self Propelled Artillery be built at the barracks? I can see cannons (field guns i presume) but not Vehicles, perhaps these should be early produceable units at factory?

Why do engineers have a SMG + Flame thrower? A bit redundant as they are both anti infantry?

Careful with bunkers + entrenching infantry, as in theory bunkers are supposed to be heavy armored and the combo could be too difficult to break.

Its hard to say much else cause as its too early to tell how it plays out. But sounds cool!

And cool little story there:
(click to show/hide)
When your faction is finished someone needs to turn this into a scenario :)
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 16:21:18 by filux »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #433 on: 28 March 2012, 09:39:23 »
@Wyvern: please open your own thread for your mod.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Mr War

« Reply #434 on: 28 March 2012, 10:04:24 »
I tried sky mines in industarons and they didn't really work. Basic idea was to use warhead type and armor type with splash designed to kill itself. In the end the ski mine was built as a build and then morphed to release the mine directly over where the building was.

Re unit resource in annex, the mine could not count as unit but have build limit to prevent over population.

wyvern

« Reply #435 on: 28 March 2012, 21:52:09 »
@Titi, sorry for the misunderstanding, but my "mod" is just an addon to annex, not a stand alone thing.
@Ishmaru-The techtree is admittedly big, and the main bigness comes from the infantry portion, but when I compared it to the annex faction, I've got the same amount of defenses, same amount of aircraft and less vehicles, 7 instead of 8. Then theres a massive amount of infantry, so maybe I'll cut that down a bit. But even there I think theres only 2 extras.
The SP gun and Light tank are supposed to be producable from late level 1 to early  level 2 in the barracks, like the IFV, since they're mainly intended to back up infantry rather then other tanks. The SP gun is basically a big RCL on wheels and the Light tank is sort of like the IFV. Its more of a flavor thing, as it doesn't really let you build anything sooner then the other factions.
I'm thinking of combining the engineer and shocktrooper into one unit and the SMG is there so the engineer can protect itself once its out of EP for the flamethrower and waiting to reload.

The bunkers are similar to the pillbox's, but the tank turrets would be weaker against vehicles then the EML turrets. I know the entrenching infantry might be too powerful, but I'll at least want to test it and an extra, say, 100pts of HP probably wouldn't be that bad, especially since otherwise, the unit is the same as its unentrenched form but immovable
I'm glad you liked my story, its vaguely based off of Wittmans attack against the British at Villers-Bocage

I'll be posting textured pics of the Gilgamesh and hopefully the RCL later today.

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #436 on: 29 March 2012, 12:58:35 »
I'm thinking of combining the engineer and shocktrooper into one unit and the SMG is there so the engineer can protect itself once its out of EP for the flamethrower and waiting to reload.

The bunkers are similar to the pillbox's, but the tank turrets would be weaker against vehicles then the EML turrets. I know the entrenching infantry might be too powerful, but I'll at least want to test it and an extra, say, 100pts of HP probably wouldn't be that bad, especially since otherwise, the unit is the same as its unentrenched form but immovable

Where it is produced doesn't determine its role at least in my mind, but If that's how you want to do it :) We will have to see how it plays out :)
Entrenching infantry should b ok but most infantry are between 40-90 hp so adding 100 hp will double or almost triple hp so keep that in mind. Increases should scale with base hp stats. Or perhaps editing their armor stats may be better?

Oh FYI Flame throwers in Shadow organization do not use Ep and fire constantly so you don't need to have smg if you don't want :P
I have a "flame" attack property all ready put in for next release. Flame are good vs "light" + "structure" very weak vs "heavy"

Some shadow updates:
[img]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/18/17106/Shadow_Shipment_Rig_AD.jpg[/img]
Shadows "Mobile Refinery"
Just a Huge truck

[img]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/18/17106/Orbital_Strike_Relay_AD.jpg[/img]
Since Shadow does not have an official hero, I needed a unit to carry Shadow's Super-weapon (the Orbital Strike) And Thus This unit was born. You can produce only one at a time and there is a Population cap penalty of 5 when used.

And this should be the last Shadow Vehicle :) Just some infantry and turrets left
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 04:28:16 by filux »

MightyMic

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 29 March 2012, 18:21:20 »
Awesome! :thumbup:  Can't wait ;D

wyvern

« Reply #438 on: 29 March 2012, 19:12:56 »
I want EP for flamers because I feel that having them constant is a tad over powered. I'm also revising the above list so look at the infantry section, thats gonna change quite a fair amount
Oh, and just wondering, how powerful is the orbital strike relay does it KO everything it hits or does it just have huge Splash damage?
And as to the entrenching, the entrenchement could increase their health by 50 amount BUT would come at the cost of an armor change to light armor, making them far more susceptible to tank cannons while increasing resilience to infantry weapons

A quick comment, I try to run Annex2 on my desktop but it runs extremely slow, no matter how low I make the settings and on Linux, it always pops up with some sort of error message and dies, is there any way to fix this
« Last Edit: 29 March 2012, 19:26:02 by Wyvern »

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #439 on: 30 March 2012, 04:48:09 »
Awesome! :thumbup:  Can't wait ;D
Thanks!

Oh, and just wondering, how powerful is the orbital strike relay does it KO everything it hits or does it just have huge Splash damage?

Orbital strike has a splash radius of 3 and does heavy damage 850 i believe. It ko's any unit/structure (except refineries which are resistant to supers) with a direct hit and does heavy damage to any unit up to 3 squares around it. Weaker but charges faster than nukes. Nukes have a raidus of 10 for 850 damage.

And as to the entrenching, the entrenchement could increase their health by 50 amount BUT would come at the cost of an armor change to light armor, making them far more susceptible to tank cannons while increasing resilience to infantry weapons

Yea try "heavy" or "defense". Heavy is resistant to light weapons/siege/fire but vulnerable to shell + energy weapons.  Defense is resistant to light/ shell/ and energy weapons but vulnerable to fire and siege weapons. (FYI Fire attack type will be in next release)

wyvern

« Reply #440 on: 30 March 2012, 14:58:12 »
and how fast does the orbital strike recharge, and can it kill a person's HQ position, this would suck since it mean you can't produce workers and lose

Oh, and why are tanks so bad against infantry, I lost nearly 100HP off of my tank to one mini gunner because of how fast he was recharging his health

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #441 on: 30 March 2012, 15:25:23 »
and how fast does the orbital strike recharge, and can it kill a person's HQ position, this would suck since it mean you can't produce workers and lose

Oh, and why are tanks so bad against infantry, I lost nearly 100HP off of my tank to one mini gunner because of how fast he was recharging his health

Refinery/Shipment Centers are the HQ's and they are resistant to Super weapons. They would take severe damage but no instant ko.
And any unit with "Shell" weapon property are not effective vs infantry. Its all to keep units balanced.

BTW mini gunners are female :P

wyvern

« Reply #442 on: 30 March 2012, 18:35:40 »
Well, despite balance, I don't feel a tank should suffer massive damage from a weapon that would scratch its paint at best. At least the infantry regen should be somewhat reduced. As for the minigunner, sorry 'bout that I never produce infantry as a rule, the first unit I ever produce is IFV's and I never actually zoom in to see what the units look like, oh well.

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #443 on: 30 March 2012, 22:11:14 »
Minigunners do scratch damage but with their high rate of fire. Light weapons olny do 0.4% damage to heavy armor - 15 armor points. Damage you saw come from the splash + high rate of fire.

Without hp regen infantry would die to quickly.

I like infantry the way they are :)

wyvern

« Reply #444 on: 31 March 2012, 02:41:25 »
Thats fine, i'll see how much regen to give my infantry, they're supposed to be a little worse though, so probably less regen

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #445 on: 1 April 2012, 03:36:11 »
Thats fine, i'll see how much regen to give my infantry, they're supposed to be a little worse though, so probably less regen
Cool still waiting on those screens :P

Shadow Development:

Orbital strike Particle FX WIP:
(click to show/hide)

Infiltrators Ingame:
(click to show/hide)

Quick Screen of an Infiltrator team using an Alliance Squad as Target practice. Also Improved blood effects, no more red circles :P

Infiltrators' precision rifle is quite devastating vs infantry, however the rifle's low rate of fire can let Infiltrators be easily overwhelmed.
Their Beam Cannon can easily take out an tank but their shots take a while to recharge as well. Infiltrators fall easily to turrets, especially Gun Turrets.

Campaign mode?

(click to show/hide)

Upon Next release there should be new scenarios to play. I'm going to try to put together a little "campaign" with increasing difficulty, and slowly introducing players to the units. I'm not a good LUA coder so nothing extravagant, probably be like Tiberium Dawn like, simple objective with out narrative. The idea is getting players to use whats available to them in hope they will learn ways to use units effectively.

Maybe someday Annex will get a Proper Story Mode, but that's long down the road.

PS Screen is from Shadows' second scenario. Find and destroy secret Alliance Base with just Two Raider bikes and some Infantry.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 04:29:07 by filux »

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #446 on: 6 April 2012, 04:24:19 »
I guess everyone is sick of all my updates... Well for those of you who aren't heres two more:

New unit Flame Turret:
(click to show/hide)

Shadow's equivalent of Alliance's Gun Turret. Flame turrets are more expensive, but does more damage and have more hp than Gun Turrets.

New unit WASP:
(click to show/hide)

A flying infantry unit, WASP are essentially a flying infantry version of the Alliance MRLS. They shoot a barrage of incendiary rockets at either ground or air targets. They are the most effective vs structures + Light vehicles. Being an infantry unit dont expect them to have much armor :P. Produce-able at the Barracks + Hangar but require both to produce.

Sort of inspired by various Mecha Musume characters, though not trying to specifically mimic any type of military hardware.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 04:29:47 by filux »

Mr War

« Reply #447 on: 6 April 2012, 07:34:46 »
Freaking awesome

The wasp is really clever

wyvern

« Reply #448 on: 7 April 2012, 04:34:15 »
the wasp looks cool and so does the flamer turret, is the range on the flamer shorter, it probably should be inferior to a machine gun, right?
Here's two of my models, nearly all models are finished by now, but I've been really lazy on texturing so have little to post that looks somewhat finished. Here's an AOP, it has slow movement for an aircraft, high sight range, a forward and rear mg for self defense, though the rear mg is useless in glest because glest doesn't offer turrets. It also has a small napalm tank under its fuselage to make small scale bombing and anti infantry attacks.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/aop2.jpg/And here's the Silent Death tank destroyer, outfitted with a 107mm Hyper Velocity cannon capable of punching through any armor, it does in fact, pack just as much armor piercing punch as the Gilgamesh, though it has inferior HE characteristics. It possesses disruptive camouflage and outranges most, if not all standard direct fire weapons. Interestingly, it is based on the Drak Tank but the cannon faces backward, in a similar fashion to the spade on the excavator. The engine is also in the rear and the tank hunter is completely reconfigured to go forward when theoretically going backward
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 16:20:11 by filux »

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #449 on: 7 April 2012, 06:19:44 »
Freaking awesome
The wasp is really clever
the wasp looks cool and so does the flamer turret, is the range on the flamer shorter, it probably should be inferior to a machine gun, right?
Thank You! Some sort of flying infantry, was something I always wanted to include with Annex. However the original idea was more a flying mini-gunner, which really wasn't very useful, nor did it fit with the Alliance theme i had going. Shadow benefits more with the flying infantry as they have no other siege weapons other than Wasp, and fits the light armor but heavy attack theme I had going with Shadow.

The original idea was to have Flame turrets range be 6 but a turret having less than 9 range means that  EML Walkers + Eml Grunts, Rocket Pods, Destroyers, Infiltrators, MRLS, Scorpions (Siege Mode), Scorpion Tanks (Assault Mode), and Mortar Grunts can attack outside the turrets attack range Which really limits the usefulness for the turret, so I decided to leave it at 9. Other Flame units have attack ranges of 5-6.

Cool units!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/aop2.jpg/
(click to show/hide)

Even if its a cheap scout plane would a propeller plane really fit in a world with Laser Tanks, Jetpack Infantry, and Giant walking Tanks? But I guess it fits with the WW2 military theme you got going :) The plane probably wouldn't be very fast, compared to Harriers + Hunters.

Do you think treads on Silent Death are a bit small? The tank looks a bit on the heavy side.

I can say you put a lot of back story/tech info into your faction which is very cool.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 16:19:32 by filux »

anything