Author Topic: Annex Conquer The World on Blogtalkradio  (Read 6158 times)

Conzar

Annex Conquer The World on Blogtalkradio
« on: 6 February 2011, 07:26:12 »
On Sunday Feb 6th, Ishmaru will be on my radio show to talk about his latest mod "Annex Conquer The World".  The show will be starting at 16:00 GMT (11:00 EST, 24:00 Beijing).  The show will be 30 minutes long.  If there is enough time at the end, I'll check the chat to see if any real time listeners have questions.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Annex Conquer The World on Blogtalkradio
« Reply #1 on: 6 February 2011, 07:36:45 »
Cool, I'll be listening, or I'll listen after the show.  I don't think I have any questions...although make sure to adjust your mics, last time with Coldfusionstorm it was well, a bit noisy.

Conzar

« Reply #2 on: 7 February 2011, 02:53:15 »
Last night's show went well and technically smooth.  You can download the show via the  archives.

Thanks to Ishmaru and all the listeners!

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 7 February 2011, 03:02:34 »
Oops! I was awake at that time but I forgot about it...I guess I'll just listen to it now.

Ishmaru

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #4 on: 7 February 2011, 04:21:43 »
Thanks again for the blog! :) Interested in what people think of what I said!
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 7 February 2011, 05:02:02 »
Cool!  I like hearing about the behind-the-scenes development kind of stuff, and sort of what's going on in the minds of modders.  I certainly wouldn't mind hearing some more interviews like this. :thumbup:

Mr War

« Reply #6 on: 7 February 2011, 08:16:37 »
Thanks for putting modding out there, hopefully it'll attract new talent and players

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #7 on: 7 February 2011, 10:37:15 »
Cool!  I like hearing about the behind-the-scenes development kind of stuff, and sort of what's going on in the minds of modders.  I certainly wouldn't mind hearing some more interviews like this. :thumbup:

Maybe your show could become the Official  "Glest radio show" haha. I also enjoy these shows.
I'll have a little listen later. Good job  :thumbup:

Zoythrus

« Reply #8 on: 7 February 2011, 16:25:58 »

Maybe your show could become the Official  "Glest radio show" haha. I also enjoy these shows.
I'll have a little listen later. Good job  :thumbup:

perhaps you could pick out the larger mods and the more active community members and do interviews with them....

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 7 February 2011, 16:35:20 »
And the mg and gae developers too....

Really like listening to the blog

Gabbe

« Reply #10 on: 7 February 2011, 20:54:57 »
Silnarm
Titi
Softcoder
John D. Harvey
Archmage
Zoythrus
Omega
ChupaReaper

I think that covers most of the "Big posters" as well as only the big posters that do very much.

Maybe a "Group" Interview with the entire GAE and MG team. SOmeday you might even be as lucky to get to interview the original glest team as well.

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 7 February 2011, 21:38:18 »
+ Hagekura

Zoythrus

« Reply #12 on: 7 February 2011, 22:05:08 »
i wonder who's next on Conzar's list....

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 7 February 2011, 22:12:24 »
I feel really sorry for that I can't speak english good enough to attend the interview.
but this is interesting attempt indeed.keep up the good radio Mr.Conzar. :thumbup:

btw I always wondered that what does 石雨濠 in your icon means Mr.Conzar?is it your name? :|(sorry for being offtopic).
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Conzar

« Reply #14 on: 8 February 2011, 01:53:45 »
Thanks for the great feedback!  There are several options for the radio show at this point.  I could continue to do 1v1 interviews on blogtalk radio (30 minute segments). 

Or maybe we could organize a podcast show that is made once a month that includes a panel of the glest community (like 3 or 4 people).  The podcast would mainly be about topics surrounding glest.  The first half of the show would include news about glest, selected game related topics, controversy, etc.  The 2nd half of the show we could do an interview.  I would imagine the show would be about 1Hour long and recorded (not live) so that it could be edited later. 

There is a show called State of the game that talks about Starcraft 2 related stuff and is hugely popular with the SC2 community.  Check it out for an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm heading out of town for a week so I would like to continue developing the show/show ideas when I get back.  Please let me know what you think, like would you prefer 1v1 interviews, round-table discussions (like described above), how often (once a month, twice a month, etc)?

btw I always wondered that what does 石雨濠 in your icon means Mr.Conzar?is it your name? :|(sorry for being offtopic).
石雨濛 (shí yǒu méng) is my chinese name and means "Rock in Misty Rain".

Zoythrus

« Reply #15 on: 8 February 2011, 02:01:52 »
i think you should have a mix of both. 1on1 conversations would be for specific mods, and round tables would be for discussion about Glest.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 8 February 2011, 02:50:31 »
I think a period podcast-style show would be good for general "what's going on" stuff, somewhat akin to Hailstone's monthly report, and then ad-hoc 1-on-1 interviews for specific stuff, like new awesome mods, major engine releases, etc.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: 8 February 2011, 06:18:42 »
i think you should have a mix of both. 1on1 conversations would be for specific mods, and round tables would be for discussion about Glest.
This ^. I think once a month is a good idea for the size of our community, less we end up exhausting every "big poster" of interviews.

You can cross me off the list of prospective interviews though. I have a hearing loss, so me and podcasts don't get along well...
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

anything