Author Topic: The Great Ming (Chinese) Faction v0.1 Download  (Read 42971 times)

Mr War

The Great Ming (Chinese) Faction v0.1 Download
« on: 23 November 2011, 16:26:37 »
Ming v0.1 download . Tech tree for MegaGlest http://www.mediafire.com/?9dwdqxh4310zama
Note: Tech-Tree is cloned from Japanese but with Japanese Faction removed. Optionally, Ming faction folder can be copied into the following compatible Tech-Trees:
Japanese - recommended. This faction is designed to complement Japanese Faction
Imperial 2
Magitech

« Last Edit: 19 January 2012, 22:20:30 by Mr War »

Ishmaru

• Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
Re: The Great Ming (Chinese) Faction
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2011, 17:34:52 »
Wait so the steampunk version is merging with japaneese or you makeing a realistic faction? faction. Anyways if its going to be with japaneese mod then for consistency it should have similar names and japaneese mod used Japanese names, so I think chineese names would be better.
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

Mr War

« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2011, 18:05:00 »
just a new faction, building from Warlords but much more realistic units and improved so that it is in keeping with Japanese faction which makes an effort to be historically accurate. Warlords will still be there also.

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
  • No Game without Move(ment)
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2011, 18:23:50 »
I'd prefer Chinese names in roman alphabet, it sounds more real than strange translations

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2011, 00:20:38 »
I already have a faction called China which I will be fixing eventually. So don't name yours China.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2011, 00:24:48 »
I think that's the reason, why this topic is called "The Great Ming (Chinese) Faction" and not "New Chinese Faction" ;)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2011, 02:16:34 »
I think that some things are better translated, but sometimes there isn't a direct translation, in which case it's better to leave it.  Take the Japanese faction for example.  There isn't really a good direct English word for "ashigura" (sp?), but there is one for peasant.

Mr War

« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2011, 12:53:54 »
Cool, on the balance of feedback I'll use Chinese names where ever possible. Some things like "castle" will still be castle

Also i've never played AoE 3 Asian dynasties but from my research they seem to have pretty much the sane units that I am planning.

I already have a faction called China which I will be fixing eventually. So don't name yours China.
I don't think I ever played that, what pack is it in? I'll check it out.

This faction is based on Ming Dynasty in china.

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2011, 13:06:57 »
ElimiNator' s Chinese Faction was not really based in a historic scheme (or at least I have not noticed any). I don't know in wich pack it is, but I think it was in the same then circus, but I'm not shure it's too long since last time I played it.

If you build it fitting to japanese (any keep the name: The Great Ming )  it would not be any real conflict with the old one.

wyvern

« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2011, 18:07:54 »
if your gonna make it like this, you should consider adding the Koreans with Turtle Ships, this would make for some very interesting fights, China vs Korea vs Japan :)

Mr War

« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2011, 21:05:29 »
Interesting idea. I don't think it'll have ships so turtle ship is out for the moment. Korean units are similar to Chinese ones even the rockets and cannon.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the turtleship replica in Seoul, it's quite interesting. Not sure if it's full size but it was much smaller than I imagined.

Chinese had really interesting warships, but mostly river based and earlier.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2011, 23:59:16 »
Yah, my China faction is pretty bad, but I plan on fixing it soon.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2011, 02:08:18 »
About the unit names, I prefer using names of original languages, but since you are not chinese, you don't have to stick to chinese names. Btw Chinese weapons names are sometimes very unique and cool(like 五雷神機:Five thunderous god's machine, 神火飛鴨: God's fire flying duck, 虎蹲炮:Lying tiger cannon). :O

if your gonna make it like this, you should consider adding the Koreans with Turtle Ships, this would make for some very interesting fights, China vs Korea vs Japan :)
NO KOREA.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

wyvern

« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2011, 20:24:54 »
Why not?

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2011, 17:22:01 »
Well, throughout the almost history, Korea have been subjected to the China, nida.
It would be better include some korean units in Chinese faction rather treating korea as an independent faction, nida.

Japanese Faction Mod

wyvern

« Reply #15 on: 26 November 2011, 18:59:20 »
Oh, I'm not sure if I got periods confused with what you two are currently doing but I know that in the 1590's the Japanese invaded Korea and after some protracted campaigning and bad naval defeats pulled out. It was mostly a korean defense at the time, though they got Chinese help later

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 November 2011, 19:51:52 »
You are almost right.
From the beginning, Hideyoshi's ambitious was toward to a China(ming). but Korea(Joseon) rejected cooperate with japanese invasion, so battle deployed at Korean Peninsula.
First japanese army trained and increased through the sengoku period, with a lot of improved muskets drived out joseon and ming alliance army. but later more reinforcements of ming arrived, and lack of supply due to the defeat of japanese navy against korean navy with turtle ships led by Admiral Yi Sun-sin. and Hideyoshi's death. by these situations, japanese army retreated from korea.

Korean turtle ship is attractive indeed. but without support of naval units in megaglest, korean faction would be just a lesser Chinese faction.

Japanese Faction Mod

Mr War

« Reply #17 on: 26 November 2011, 21:37:03 »
Yeah aside from turtle ships (not mg) there isn't much meat to Korean faction.

« Last Edit: 26 November 2011, 22:01:34 by Mr War »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2011, 05:03:06 »
What about other groups in that area, like maybe Viet Nam or the Philippines?  I don't really know much about either -- just throwing some ideas.  Also, is the time period of this faction meant to match up with Hagekura's Japan?

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2011, 07:45:25 »
What's so wrong with just two factions?  The Japanese faction is so attentively done, it seems a bad fit to pump out a large number of inattentive factions for the sake of it?

Quality over quantity every time!

Mr War

« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2011, 15:29:09 »
Yes let's not rush to make factions, Ming is hardly started. I had hoped to just retexture warlords faction but the more I research the Ming the more I make work for myself.

Period of interest is 1400s to 1600s with emphasis towards the end - must at least be in gunpowder age. I chose Ming as closest fit.

Indonesia is an interesting idea with Majapahit empire although that was nowhere near as advanced and ended before they had gunpowder, but could have Portuguese and Muslim bits later on.

No idea about Philippines history but Vietnam was basically in and out of Chinese control and like Korea, would just be a "subfaction" of Chinese

« Last Edit: 27 November 2011, 21:24:24 by Mr War »

Mr War

« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2011, 21:53:53 »
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2011, 22:10:37 »
The cotton armor cavalry looks Sooooo nice! other units as well. :thumbup:

Japanese Faction Mod

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2011, 22:35:22 »
WOW ... want to play asap ;-) ...

it's realy nice

PS: I do know that it will need more time ;-)

Mr War

« Reply #24 on: 1 December 2011, 22:10:52 »
Well it's coming along. Still many less-realistic Warlords Faction units, but getting there.

anything