Author Topic: AI abuse  (Read 1022 times)

NoQ

AI abuse
« on: 21 June 2012, 08:09:56 »
Here's the catapult rush i mentioned once in the ingame chat.
It's a build order for the Tech that knocks out Mega CPU 4.9 in under 15 minutes.
I didn't have a chance to try it out on humans though, probably an early rush will be painful.
Is it possible to make that significantly faster on this map in this faction pairing?
Any other such tricks known? Just curious (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oroUXgxME
« Last Edit: 21 June 2012, 08:16:42 by NoQ »

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
Re: AI abuse
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2012, 10:16:23 »
Very nice, i dind't see the video, but knocking a Mega CPU out with a MP of 4.9 Is pretty amazing.Doing it in a time run is even more fanstastic

:thumbup: Good Job man
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2012, 14:55:48 »
You could build the second castle right at the start, giving you more gold early. Also, the technodromes also work for wood storage, so place them next to trees, and have workers harvest there, too, so they have shorter ways and can thus harvest quicker. When catapults are loosing HP place them in the second front row (remove them from the first row) so they can still attack while they don't break instantly.

The reason this works on this map with this faction pairing is because of the single narrow path, and because you're making use of one of Tech's unique strengths and one of Romans unique weaknesses (when played by CPU). A human (Roman) player could take you out with a mix of fire archers, catapults (probably rather ater in the game) and spearmen (serving just as targets for your catapults, keeping the fire off the fire archers and catapults).
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

NoQ

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2012, 04:34:30 »
Thanks tomreyn, that's what i've actually posted that for (:
I was aware that my catapult micromanagement is awful, but all the rest is new for me!

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2012, 09:02:11 »
Nice game and nice full game video! I enjoyed it :D . I think mega CPUs have problems in the beginning becasue they tend to build too many buildings and not enough units. In this case Mega especially has a problem with maps with not enough place to build. Nevertheless you played really good! In general I think there are still enough challenging possible game setup even for really good players, so you don't get bored.  I hope we see you in multiplayer too soon :D there are still not many people playing it ( this means you have to wait a while in the lobby ).

Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios