Author Topic: MegaGlest 3.7.1 release!  (Read 5242 times)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
MegaGlest 3.7.1 release!
« on: 23 November 2012, 15:12:26 »
MegaGlest 3.7.1 release - come and get it while its hot (svn revision 3948)
Downloads here: http://megaglest.org/download.html or below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY6zI5t9yXU

Installation files are available on sourceforge at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/megaglest/files/megaglest_3.7.1/

Linux 32 and 64 bit full and stand alone archives, Windows full and stand alone archives.

Please be aware that there are several mirror servers for sourceforge. After clicking on the file you wish to download you will see a page with fine print allowing you to go to a special page where you can then select a mirror server close to you which has the given file. For example, if you wanted to download MegaGlest-Installer-3.7.1_i386_win32.exe and are from Brazil, you may want to click on said link, ending up on
http://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=megaglest&filename=megaglest_3.7.1/MegaGlest-Installer-3.7.1_i386_win32.exe
As a Brazilian, your best choice is probably the mirror server in Brazil, so you would click that one, and restart the download. This time you should get forwarded directly to the brazilian server and thus get a faster download.

Note that we also provide Bittorrent downloads now (click the magnet icons on the download page), this may work better if your Internet connection is less reliable for downloads from far away.

Changelog:

v3.7.1
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum since 3.7.0

v3.7.0
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum since 3.6.0.3
- display requirements when a player cannot execute a command
- improved IRC connection handling
- auto word wrapping for message boxes
- headless server can run in local lan mode (does not broadcast to master server)
- Added lua security sandbox
- third person view allows you to follow a selected unit. Select one unit anf press f4 to enable (deselect anf f4 to disable).
- cell markers allow players to create markers anywhere on the map and associate a note with them. All team players see the markers.
- quick sonar signal to tell team players where the action is happening
- admin player can disconnect other network players in game
- saving / loading games.
- when placing a new unit, we display a 'ghosted' model while units walk to the build location to show the space it will occupy
- video playback support (using libvlc)
- network multi-player scenarios
- campaign scenarios
- Integrated language translation support (translate / update your favorite language @ https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/megaglest and pull the files into the game via advanced translation options to test your changes)
- play a sound when player mentions your name in chat mode
- more game data validation for commandline modders, see --help for more info
- many new lua commands for scenario modders
- enhanced AI management (logging and modding) and added more intellegence to decsions
- enhanced game data downloads now allow for downloading data from the mod center instead of game server if available.
- Quick keys in game lobby, SHIFT+<letter>+listbox arrow to jump to that letter in a list
  or Hold CTRL when clicking listbox for network control type to change all non human control values
- enhanced unicode support for non-ascii characters
- customizable unit, resource and upgrade language files
- tilesets support animated models
- scenario factions may now be 'neutral', meaning not on any players team.
- new command action mouse cursors
- resources are selectable showing info about the resource
- particle colors are now affected by the time of day
- new game hints are displayed while loading a new game
- linked faction support (and new techtree MagiTech for classic Glest play)
- added runtime checks to ensure cpu supports expected optimizations of the binary used (sse, x87)
- lots of code cleanup from static analysis such as cppcheck and valgrind
- experimental big endian and non x86 architecure support (need testers to give feedback)

v3.6.0.3 - this is primarily a bugfix release AND IS COMPATIBLE with 3.6.0.2 (only the binaries have changed, data is still the same)

- cmake build fixes (for newer libircclient 1.6 support, custom data path's etc)
- fixed vbo bug causing numerous clients to crash for certain video drivers
- g3dviewer fixes + ability to specify image size of auto screenshots on commandline
-  battle end screen no longer chopped off for 8 player display
- proper use of fontconfig so various linux distros will find the fonts specified regardless of actual location
- Windows headless server hosting is now fixed
« Last Edit: 23 November 2012, 18:39:49 by tomreyn »

Manric

Re: MegaGlest 3.7.1 release!
« Reply #1 on: 7 December 2012, 15:34:48 »
Am I the only one to have problems with this release? I downloaded the Windows installer and tried it on three computers, of different builds and ages, with no luck at all.
Do not ask me for details: I am not asking for help. All I would like to know is if everybody is running this release happily and I am the odd man out.

MJR

« Reply #2 on: 8 December 2012, 06:53:12 »
I've ran version 3.7.1 with no problems at all for the last two weeks.

GunChleoc

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • Fòram na Gàidhlig
« Reply #3 on: 8 December 2012, 13:09:50 »
No install problems on Windows 7 for me, though I had to clear the stuff in %Appdata% manually because the name of my language file had changed.